Cole on the block

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Cole on the block

Postby Great58 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:37 pm

Puck-Lurker wrote:
Ericf wrote:Sprong has been scratched tonight in WBS. Some comments on his bad attitude. Not a good situation. I really want him to work out in the NHL

I cried. :cry:

It's not all bad. Yes, it would be better if Sprong were able to be on the NHL team. But I like that they are working closely with him. I hope he responds.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens_CT on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:51 pm

Great58 wrote:
Puck-Lurker wrote:
Ericf wrote:Sprong has been scratched tonight in WBS. Some comments on his bad attitude. Not a good situation. I really want him to work out in the NHL

It's not all bad. Yes, it would be better if Sprong were able to be on the NHL team. But I like that they are working closely with him. I hope he responds.

Sprong fell in the draft for a reason. He was certainly a 1st round talent offensively, but the other parts of his game not so much.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Puck-Lurker on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:58 pm

pens_CT wrote:
Great58 wrote:
Puck-Lurker wrote:

Sprong fell in the draft for a reason. He was certainly a 1st round talent offensively, but the other parts of his game not so much.

True enough, but I'd hoped personality wasn't one of the reasons. If it's a problem now, he'd better get his stuff together fast or he's going in a trade soon.
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jim on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:08 pm

There are a few head scratcher coaching decisions going on and people are just making excuses for Sullivan. It is possible that they are just bad decisions. Wrong decisions. Idiotic decisions. Even all of the above.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pens_CT on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:29 pm

Jim wrote:There are a few head scratcher coaching decisions going on and people are just making excuses for Sullivan. It is possible that they are just bad decisions. Wrong decisions. Idiotic decisions. Even all of the above.

In the case of Cole the coach took a guy who was a popular with his teammates and made an example of him. Was it because he was playing poorly or did he do it to get the attention of the team? I think the latter is the most likely reason. Regardless, I am going to give the coach who won two consecutive cups some slack, I think he's earned it.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ville5 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:58 pm

Jim wrote:There are a few head scratcher coaching decisions going on and people are just making excuses for Sullivan. It is possible that they are just bad decisions. Wrong decisions. Idiotic decisions. Even all of the above.

Seeing how Sullivan is the 2nd Stanley Cup coach to healthy scratch Cole, I'd say it was Cole.
ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby FLPensFan on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:39 pm

Puck-Lurker wrote:
pens_CT wrote:
Great58 wrote:
Puck-Lurker wrote:

True enough, but I'd hoped personality wasn't one of the reasons. If it's a problem now, he'd better get his stuff together fast or he's going in a trade soon.

He's been pointless in somewhere around the past 7 games straight. He's been a minus player most of those nights too.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Kevintripod on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:48 am

Kevintripod
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins