Game 27 vs Sabres - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Game 27 vs Sabres - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Penspal on Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:39 am

Pens win 4-0

- Jarry looked good in this one. It was not long ago he was considered the better prospect. I'd like to see him right back in there tonight to build his confidence.
- I have always believed that Kuhnhackl has more skill than he's shown in the NHL. Last night Penalty Shot makes me think I was right. Loved the nonchalant, "done it lots before" look afterwards
- Ian Cole looked a little rusty, but you can understand why..... Love the big hits he's been putting on Sabres lately, hope it continues tonight
- Geno also looked a little rusty, but not that rusty.... (Rusty look rusty too - ewwww, that was bad)
- Okay, Reaves toughness factored into the game last night imho. And he will factor in again tonight if the Pens get up by a couple. My son's a Sabre's fan, I've watched them.. they get "goony"
- Sabres suck, so the Champs winning 4-0 should not surprise anyone, however, should the Sabres have scored early.... Let's hope HCMS does not let the boys get overconfident for tonight's matchup
- Pens have some guys riding streaks... not going to mention them to jinx it, but tonight is prime opportunity to continue them

LET'S GO PENS!
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Game 27 vs Sabres - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Southern Fan on Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:59 am

Tim Murray left Jason Botterill with a mess. What a terrible defensive group. Multiple times not keeping ouck in the zone at the point.

Housley will probably right the ship in February. might be a good trade partner.

Once it was 4-0 we should have seen a lot more of Reaves especially on back to backs.

Letang was not noticeable which was a good thing.
Southern Fan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Durbano on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:14 pm

>>Once it was 4-0 we should have seen a lot more of Reaves especially on back to backs.

That was my lone complaint.

I looked back at the schedule and last night was really only the second time all season the Pens have had an easy (on the scoreboard) win, the other being the 4-0 victory over Nashville. Very enjoyable.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Penspal on Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:19 pm

Jarry in again tonight... Would love to see him perform well again.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins