Game 29 vs Rags - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Game 29 vs Rags - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Penspal on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:21 am

Pens lose 4-3

- A couple of tough bounces off Pens Dmen resulted in this loss. Sometimes you just have to accept that the hockey gods did not want you to win... hey, its not a playoff game.
- Hopefully Schultz is not out long... this could be a disaster if he is
- Horny's break away... it looked so easy. What a pass from Geno
- If Reaves had of scored on his breakaway, you know he'd be going for the Gordie Howe hatty!
- You can't fault Jarry on two of those goals... I'm starting to love this guy.... Play by Play Mearsy sure gets up for his save (little else), his first Pens goalie that he can call his own
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: UPMC - Universal Pens Mojo Control - Hockey Gods, Hear us now! Pens are worthy, Preds are not!

Re: Game 29 vs Rags - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Great58 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:38 am

Was this Letang's worst game of the season? I'm not talking about the GWG going off his skate and into our net, but the numerous times he created odd man rushes for the Rangers. It just seemed his decision making was particularly bad last night, and I'm usually pretty pro-Letang.
Great58
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Southern Fan on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:42 am

Letang continues to struggle when there are more than 7 skaters on the ice. Guessing they do a lot of 3 on 3 drills in practice. Only reason Sullivan could have confidence in him.

He needs a neurologist. Make him handle the puck in practice with 14 skaters on the ice.

Lot of good efforts wasted. Especially malkin line.
Southern Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Crashguy66 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:52 pm

How many posts they hit? 5? 6? Sid with at least 4 brutal turnovers. When Letang is on the ice during those turnovers it's a recipe for disaster. The GWG goal he scored for Rags was bad but that happens, just bad bounce. It was his horrible defense on, I believe, the Rags 2nd goal where he got plain walked. I find about 75% of the time I'm screaming at the TV he's out there.
Crashguy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby RisslingsMissingTeeth on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:12 pm

I watched the game alone in a hotel last night, away from fans, message boards and the like and it is amazing to come into this thread and see the thing that jumped out at me noticed by everyone else. Letang is a major liability. I just don't see how we can keep parading him out there any more yet Sully gives him 24 minutes a game to give the other team confidence I guess. I feel bad for the rest of the team that is putting so much effort into winning only to have your coach undermining you by putting such a brain dead d-man out there constantly.

With Shultz not looking good, we are probably going to see even more of this clown. Depressing.

Oh, and Geno was amazing last night. :)
RisslingsMissingTeeth
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins