letang

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: letang

Postby Humperdink on Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:41 pm

If someone offered Rutherford the house, farm and all of the livestock for Letang, he can't trade him now. *

*This assumes facts not in evidence that Rutherford made the call.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ville5 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:39 pm

Humperdink wrote:If someone offered Rutherford the house, farm and all of the livestock for Letang, he can't trade him now. *

*This assumes facts not in evidence that Rutherford made the call.

If a GM called a player whose name might have been erroneously floated in the rumor mill, he'd never get anything done lol.
ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pekkasteele on Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:18 am

Jim wrote:What do people think that GMs do? What do people think that agents do? Why would it be a surprise, or warning sign, or anything of that sort what so ever, if they talk to one another?

everybody knows that after free agent frenzy is over, the agent go to Bahamas for 10 months ;-)
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Puck-Lurker on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:17 pm

Okay you lost me here guys. Kris Letang for the Metro All Star team?!?

Do they have a turn-over competition?

AND NO PHIL KESSEL.

I am angry..
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pruezy11881 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:24 pm

Puck-Lurker wrote:Image

AND NO PHIL KESSEL.

I am angry..

It's a joke that Kessel wasn't in. Letang is just popularity vote since everyone voting for him either isn't watching the games or just blindly like him and it doesn't matter his play. Crosby honestly shouldn't be there either.
Pruezy11881
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby lemieuxReturns on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:30 pm

Reading the twitter reaction from Penguin fans gives me an idea that Letang will be traded soon. When fans turn on a guy the way it seems they have this season, usually a GM figures out a way to move them.
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Humperdink on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:43 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:Reading the twitter reaction from Penguin fans gives me an idea that Letang will be traded soon. When fans turn on a guy the way it seems they have this season, usually a GM figures out a way to move them.

Typically, every team has a defenseman towards whom the fans are merciless. Letang's our winner. Surprisingly, there a close second at the forward position with Carl Hagelin.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penny lane on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:45 pm

I'm sure Sid thought, that for once, he could avoid all star weekend.
Phil , he deserves the honor, but again, probably doesn't vibe with the endless marketing of the weekend.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DelPen on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:50 pm

Pruezy11881 wrote:

AND NO PHIL KESSEL.

I am angry..

It's a joke that Kessel wasn't in. Letang is just popularity vote since everyone voting for him either isn't watching the games or just blindly like him and it doesn't matter his play. Crosby honestly shouldn't be there either.

Only the starters were voted in. The rest are selected.

In a traditional game Letang blows by thisbis 3-On-3 and there aren’t many defenseman better than him at the skills needed for a game like that.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Puck-Lurker on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:03 pm

DelPen wrote:
Pruezy11881 wrote:
Puck-Lurker wrote:Okay you lost me here guys. Kris Letang for the Metro All Star team?!?

AND NO PHIL KESSEL.

I am angry..

Only the starters were voted in. The rest are selected.

In a traditional game Letang blows by thisbis 3-On-3 and there aren’t many defenseman better than him at the skills needed for a game like that.

I know a forward that's at least as good as Letang in 3 on 3.

Goes by the name of Phil.
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Steve Dave on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:41 pm

AND NO PHIL KESSEL.

I am angry..

I think there is a new competition this year to see how many consecutive pucks you can shoot directly into another team’s shins. Letang will win easily.
Steve Dave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:48 pm

Kind of excited though to see Ovechking and Sid with Letang instead of a slug like McDounugh who killed them last year.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Puck-Lurker on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:21 pm

DelPen wrote:Kind of excited though to see Ovechking and Sid with Letang instead of a slug like McDounugh who killed them last year.

McDonagh is a better D in 5 on 5 this year.
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:31 pm

Puck-Lurker wrote:
DelPen wrote:Kind of excited though to see Ovechking and Sid with Letang instead of a slug like McDounugh who killed them last year.

And? Did you watch him with Sid and Ovie last year? He killed their offense and was simply pathetic in the format they play in.

I’m not going to argue who’s a better defenseman but in a 3-on-3 tournament I want to watch Letang more than a steady vanilla guy.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitts on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:59 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:Reading the twitter reaction from Penguin fans gives me an idea that Letang will be traded soon. When fans turn on a guy the way it seems they have this season, usually a GM figures out a way to move them.

This is seriously laughable. So the GM is gonna trade their top D-man because of twitter?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Puck-Lurker on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:02 pm

DelPen wrote:
Puck-Lurker wrote:

And? Did you watch him with Sid and Ovie last year? He killed their offense and was simply pathetic in the format they play in.

I’m not going to argue who’s a better defenseman but in a 3-on-3 tournament I want to watch Letang more than a steady vanilla guy.

Says a lot about the format.
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pekkasteele on Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:52 am

Pitts wrote:

This is seriously laughable. So the GM is gonna trade their top D-man because of twitter?

yea ... no .. and how did they deside who to trade before twitter then? What was written with smoke signals? :D
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Great58 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:57 am

I’m sure Phil would rather be fishing for the weekend, anyway. He’s been to the ASG before, even got mocked while there.... I’m sure he’s over it.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby no name on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:54 am

I am just waiting to see what Sid tweaks right before the all star break. Doesn't that always happen to him?? Leaves him at home off the ice for 3 days.

Get well soon Sid.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby lemieuxReturns on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:36 am

pekkasteele wrote:
Pitts wrote:

yea ... no .. and how did they deside who to trade before twitter then? What was written with smoke signals? :D

I wasn't saying that JR would move him because of the twitter reaction. I am saying twitter helps to illustrate the overall view of Penguin fans regarding Letang. Next will be the boos.
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Great58 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:14 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:
pekkasteele wrote:
Pitts wrote:

I wasn't saying that JR would move him because of the twitter reaction. I am saying twitter helps to illustrate the overall view of Penguin fans regarding Letang. Next will be the boos.

I think the boss has been quiet clear on his intentions for Letang. I don't anticipate that changing anytime soon.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pitts on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:16 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:
pekkasteele wrote:
Pitts wrote:

I know. But, the only fans that show up and make noise on social media are the haters. For every "hater" there are dozens more who like the player and simply stay quite. Fan noise is definitely not a good barometer of a player's value, skill or talent.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins