Stewie Griffin Postgame: Pens Desert Isles 4-0

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Stewie Griffin Postgame: Pens Desert Isles 4-0

Postby netwolf on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:02 am

Credit to [redacted] for the sweet Pens-centric pic.
Stewie Griffin wrote:Now then, I’m going to do something I call the “compliment sandwich”, where I say something good, then talk about where you need improvement, and then end with something good.

Pens vs Islanders, a 4-0 win

Something good: The new top line of Simon, Crosby, and Sprong was a force at even strength. They combined for 3 and 5 assists, and were 80% or better in Corsi For, which is ridiculous.

Where they need improvement: Maybe he needs more time to assist, but early on, it looks like Guentzel needs to go back to wing. He only played 8:10 at even strength, lowest on the team. He's not going to be able to accomplish much with that little time.

Something good: They got off to a slow start, getting outshot 7-1 almost halfway through the first, but to their credit, they stuck with it. The 4th had a long shift in the offensive zone. It didn't produce much in shots, but shortly after the Crosby line really got going.

Side of Chips: There was a lot of good in this one, so we get some chips with this sandwich. Tristan Jarry and the penalty killers were excellent. Any time the Islanders would get a little push, they shut it down.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Stewie Griffin Postgame: Pens Desert Isles 4-0

Postby Humperdink on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:12 am

Stewie, if you don't mind, I am going to include the past few games into something good etc ...:

Something good: January 5, Win 4-0 vs Islanders.

Something bad: January 4, Lose 4-0 vs Carolina

Something good: January 2, Win 5-1 vs Flyers

Something bad: December 31, Lose 4-1 vs Red Wings

This team befuddles me.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Stewie Griffin Postgame: Pens Desert Isles 4-0

Postby netwolf on Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:00 pm

Inconsistency, thy name is Penguin.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner