tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby albalz on Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:30 pm

in the midst of this long break, i recommend taking time to acknowledge and be thankful for the pace for which Phil the thrill is on. Phil through 44 games has 18 goals and 29 assists for 47 points. If this points per game pace of 1.068 were to continue for the rest of the season, and there is no reason to think it won't, would be the most productive of Kessel's career.

In a season full of high expectations and disappointing results at the HALFWAY POINT, Phil the thrill is delivering in spades. It would not surprise me to see this team go on a run in the not to distance future. Take time to praise his name in any of the links provided. Phil will turn this team around with his own example, determination, and God-given talent! PRAISE BE!

https://www.reddit.com/r/templeofthephil/

http://www.cityfolk.ca/the-phil/

https://www.nhl.com/player/phil-kessel-8473548

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-WnTTONu64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aW_04lsb20&t=37s
albalz
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:09 pm

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby Humperdink on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:14 pm

Was not a Kessell fan when he arrived. He's won me over. The accuracy of his shot from the dot is incredible.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,711
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:10 am
Location: Allegheny National Forest

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby Jim on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:28 am

You don't want a team full of Kessel's... but you do want Kessel.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,398
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby ville5 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:43 am

Humperdink wrote:Was not a Kessell fan when he arrived. He's won me over. The accuracy of his shot from the dot is incredible.

This. I was not a fan of his play upon arrival, loved his "quirkiness". And I'll add the accuracy of his passing is as good as anyone's.
ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,828
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby Mango Salsa on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:44 am

Humperdink wrote:Was not a Kessell fan when he arrived. He's won me over. The accuracy of his shot from the dot is incredible.


Me too. I hated it when they got Phil, but he's won me over. It seems that playing behind Sid & Geno & not having to be the man like he was in Toronto is his sweet spot. He just goes out & does what he does without the crippling spotlight on him.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,132
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: Inside a Filet-o-Fish sandwich

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby shoeshine boy on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:08 am

the temple of Phil. I want a t-shirt that says that. I already have the Phil for President one and it's one of my favorites..... :)
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,680
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:44 am
Location: me, 3 years Super League

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby Mango Salsa on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:19 am

Nice Guy - Tries Hard - Loves The Game
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,132
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: Inside a Filet-o-Fish sandwich

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby IntangibleBeer on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:10 am

Mango Salsa wrote:Nice Guy - Tries Hard - Loves The Game


Amen, amen, I say to you amen!!!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,381
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 10:17 am
Location: Cranberry Township, PA

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby IAmScore on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:09 pm

Praise be, brothers and sisters
IAmScore
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:14 pm

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby Great58 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:30 pm

"I can ball". :lol:
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,026
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:56 pm
Location: On the blue line

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby Penspal on Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:54 pm

Spoiler:
As punishment for the #tradekessel thread, I've been perma-banned from ever entering the teMpLE of PhIL.... I'm still vomiting crow, but I now do it behind the temple now... you know, appeasing the hockey gods.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,403
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:12 am
Location: UPMC - Universal Pens Mojo Council

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby Puck-Lurker on Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:43 pm

Image
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,649
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:49 am
Location: Is apparently an annoying poster.

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby albalz on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:47 pm

Penspal speaking such blasphemy of the Phil is never tolerated. However, it seems clear you've seen the error of your ways. Eat several hot dogs in repentance. Praise be.
albalz
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:09 pm

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby Penspal on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:01 pm

albalz wrote:Penspal speaking such blasphemy of the Phil is never tolerated. However, it seems clear you've seen the error of your ways. Eat several hot dogs in repentance. Praise be.


If it were only so easy ;) :fist:
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,403
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:12 am
Location: UPMC - Universal Pens Mojo Council

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby SubtropicalPenguin on Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:57 pm

The Kessel trade really turned out to be a gem. He's kept the Pens afloat this season, and has had two Conn Smythe-worthy playoff runs leading to back-to-back Cups. Meanwhile, Kapanen has played all of 23 NHL games, potting 3 goals and 0 assists. Scott Harrington only ended up playing 15 games in a Maple Leaf uniform.... oh, and Toronto is still paying $1.2 million per season for the honor of watching Kessel play in a Penguins uniform.

Praise be, indeed!
SubtropicalPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:52 pm

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby Jim on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:18 pm

The cap hit is the best part. $8M hit overall, but only $6.8M against the Pens total.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,398
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby albalz on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:24 pm

the Phil is frugal for the pens no doubt.

Now a snub of the Allstar game?! Letang and Crosby in? This is an injustice only capable of being handled by a divine deity. Praise his name.
albalz
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:09 pm

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby Great58 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:12 pm

SubtropicalPenguin wrote:The Kessel trade really turned out to be a gem. He's kept the Pens afloat this season, and has had two Conn Smythe-worthy playoff runs leading to back-to-back Cups. Meanwhile, Kapanen has played all of 23 NHL games, potting 3 goals and 0 assists. Scott Harrington only ended up playing 15 games in a Maple Leaf uniform.... oh, and Toronto is still paying $1.2 million per season for the honor of watching Kessel play in a Penguins uniform.

Praise be, indeed!

Don't forget Nick Spaling. :slug: And we sent them a first and a third, with a second rounder coming back to us. :roll:

So at the end of the day, we got Kessel (with salary retained) and a second for a first and a third, they got Andersen for that first and a second.
And we dumped some cap hit, roster hit, lost a prospect who hasn't amounted to anything (yet), gained some AHL defensive depth, and won two Cups. Winning!
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,026
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:56 pm
Location: On the blue line

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby Great58 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:13 pm

albalz wrote:the Phil is frugal for the pens no doubt.

Now a snub of the Allstar game?! Letang and Crosby in? This is an injustice only capable of being handled by a divine deity. Praise his name.

Phil will be praying at the altar of the Marlin during the ASG. Unless Crosby discovers an ailment that hits him just before the break.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,026
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:56 pm
Location: On the blue line

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby Jim on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:43 pm

Great58 wrote:
SubtropicalPenguin wrote:The Kessel trade really turned out to be a gem. He's kept the Pens afloat this season, and has had two Conn Smythe-worthy playoff runs leading to back-to-back Cups. Meanwhile, Kapanen has played all of 23 NHL games, potting 3 goals and 0 assists. Scott Harrington only ended up playing 15 games in a Maple Leaf uniform.... oh, and Toronto is still paying $1.2 million per season for the honor of watching Kessel play in a Penguins uniform.

Praise be, indeed!

Don't forget Nick Spaling. :slug: And we sent them a first and a third, with a second rounder coming back to us. :roll:

So at the end of the day, we got Kessel (with salary retained) and a second for a first and a third, they got Andersen for that first and a second.
And we dumped some cap hit, roster hit, lost a prospect who hasn't amounted to anything (yet), gained some AHL defensive depth, and won two Cups. Winning!


The HATE that was tossed around here when that trade was made was fun times...
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,398
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby Great58 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:49 pm

Jim wrote:
Great58 wrote:
SubtropicalPenguin wrote:The Kessel trade really turned out to be a gem. He's kept the Pens afloat this season, and has had two Conn Smythe-worthy playoff runs leading to back-to-back Cups. Meanwhile, Kapanen has played all of 23 NHL games, potting 3 goals and 0 assists. Scott Harrington only ended up playing 15 games in a Maple Leaf uniform.... oh, and Toronto is still paying $1.2 million per season for the honor of watching Kessel play in a Penguins uniform.

Praise be, indeed!

Don't forget Nick Spaling. :slug: And we sent them a first and a third, with a second rounder coming back to us. :roll:

So at the end of the day, we got Kessel (with salary retained) and a second for a first and a third, they got Andersen for that first and a second.
And we dumped some cap hit, roster hit, lost a prospect who hasn't amounted to anything (yet), gained some AHL defensive depth, and won two Cups. Winning!


The HATE that was tossed around here when that trade was made was fun times...

But ultimately the success of the trade hangs on the development of Kasper Björkqvist. :slug:





Ok, that may have been too much. :fist:
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,026
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:56 pm
Location: On the blue line

Re: tHE teMpLE of PhIL

Postby Jim on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:24 pm

If I get snowed in this weekend maybe I will go back and relive that thread. It'll be like watching a super 8 of Christmas morning as a kid. Stupid people posting stupid stuff and others just ripping into them... getting tingly just thinking about it.

Garbage like: Mark my words, the Pens will never win ANYTHING with Kessel on the roster!!!

I just shivered with expectation...
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,398
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Daniel and 19 guests


e-mail