Stewie Griffin Postgame:Pens Topple Kings 3-1

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Stewie Griffin Postgame:Pens Topple Kings 3-1

Postby netwolf on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:54 pm

Credit to [redacted] for the sweet Pens-centric pic.
Stewie Griffin wrote:Now then, I’m going to do something I call the “compliment sandwich”, where I say something good, then talk about where you need improvement, and then end with something good.

Pens vs Kings, a 3-1 win

Something good: This was a solid win. The Kings came in outside the playoffs, on the heels of a bad loss, and having acquired Dion Phaneuf. It was tight through two, but the Pens tilted the ice in the 3rd. They outshot LA 15-8, got the go-ahead goal of an Aston-Reese PP deflection, and put it away with a Malkin empty-netter.

Where they need improvement: Carter Rowney played 6:37 and just 4:07 at even strength. He only had 2 shifts in the second. I don't know if he's still banged up a little or what, but regardless, wouldn't it be better to get someone else in there for now?

Something good: That's 10 straight wins on home ice. That ain't bad.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Stewie Griffin Postgame:Pens Topple Kings 3-1

Postby Great58 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:39 pm

I don’t have anything truly bad to say. Sullivan still doesn’t trust the fourth line much, but Reaves got slotted up and down the lineup a bit a for a big goal in his 7 minutes of ice time. Several good chances, Quick had some big saves but others were just near misses. Jake shooting high with Quick on his belly, Phil shooting into his pad....

More of the same against the Leafs. #LGP.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Stewie Griffin Postgame:Pens Topple Kings 3-1

Postby midd on Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:31 am

A little sloppy in their own end in the first period. But man oh man what a third period. It felt like I was watching a playoff game. Enjoyed seeing all the pressure they put on the Kings in the offensive zone. Murray had some great saves too.
midd
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins