Stewie Griffin Postgame:Pens Best Blue Jackets 5-2

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Stewie Griffin Postgame:Pens Best Blue Jackets 5-2

Postby netwolf on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:16 pm

Credit to [redacted] for the sweet Pens-centric pic.
Stewie Griffin wrote:Now then, I’m going to do something I call the “compliment sandwich”, where I say something good, then talk about where you need improvement, and then end with something good.

Pens at Blue Jackets, a 5-2 win

Something good: stop me if you've heard this before. Pens were on the back of a back-to-back (and 3rd game in 4 nights) and had to travel to play a rested team at home. Plot twist: the Pens didn't stink. It wasn't a perfect road game, but was leaps and bounds above what they used to look like in similar situations.

Where they need improvement: They're apparently terrible at drawing penalties; no power plays. Columbus played a perfect game in that regard, or so the officials would have us believe.

Something good: Riley Sheahan is making his case to keep that 3C spot. A two goal night has him up to 8 on the year, and we're seeing signs of that line coming around. Maybe GMJR is still looking for a 3C, but I'm guessing he's less likely to pay a big price. If not, he can target a 4C, which should cost way less and possibly allow for other moves.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins