Stewie Griffin Postgame: Bruins Bury Pens 8-4

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Stewie Griffin Postgame: Bruins Bury Pens 8-4

Postby netwolf on Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:14 pm

Credit to [redacted] for the sweet Pens-centric pic.
Stewie Griffin wrote:Now then, I’m going to do something I call the “compliment sandwich”, where I say something good, then talk about where you need improvement, and then end with something good.

Pens at Bruins, an 8-4 loss

Something good: Olli Maatta scored twice, giving him 7 goals and 18 assists for 25 points through 65 games. His career best offensive numbers are the 9+20 he put up in his rookie year.

Where they need improvement: Can I get a save around here? And if the goalies are struggling, can we tighten up in our our end? You name a mistake you can make on your side of center red and the Pens were most likely guilty of it several time last night. Woof.

Something good: Evgeni Malkin set up two goals to put him at 78 points. He's 4 back of the leader, Nikita Kucherov, who's played 63 games to Malkin's 61.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Stewie Griffin Postgame: Bruins Bury Pens 8-4

Postby Humperdink on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:16 pm

I was hoping Ollie would get the HT. The Pens had a late 3rd period power play and he never saw the ice. Disappointing.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Stewie Griffin Postgame: Bruins Bury Pens 8-4

Postby Great58 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:13 pm

Humperdink wrote:I was hoping Ollie would get the HT. The Pens had a late 3rd period power play and he never saw the ice. Disappointing.

I am impressed that you watched late into the third period to know this. But given how they went 0-4 on the PP, and have had few chances in recent games, I don't mind the first team PP unit getting as many reps as possible.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins