Charity bags tomorrow

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Charity bags tomorrow

Postby Pensfan4life8771 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:14 am

I love the charity gift bag event. I've done one every year since they started (I think 5 now). I always do the $250 one as I don't see the rational behind needing a signed jersey since I have like 30 jerseys already.

So in the beginning I had worse luck with who I got as far as signatures go..my first couple years I got Simon Depres (day before he got traded) and Derrick Pouliout two years ago. They used to do historic players as well and I got Phil Bourque :I Last year though it made up for itself and I got a signed Crosby jersey and a signed Malkin puck. When I first opened the bag I saw the jersey and when I saw 87 I lost it. It was also the new jerseys which I abs love. My hope is I get a signed Malkin or Dumo jersey. Malkin is my favorite player followed by Dumo so here is hoping. Overall though love the event and the bobbleheads are epic despite my Reechi one taking a plunge off my work desk :(

I will also say the overall quality of the items we get has improved every year. The bag from two years ago was horrible, like the zipper broke after I used it once. The bag from last year was epic and I use it as my carry-on when I fly. It's funny cause I flew last week during trade deadline and someone legit asked if I worked for the team..doesn't help I have the penguin neck pillow to LOL.
Pensfan4life8771
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pensfan4life8771 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:05 am

Pensfan4life8771 wrote:I love the charity gift bag event. I've done one every year since they started (I think 5 now). I always do the $250 one as I don't see the rational behind needing a signed jersey since I have like 30 jerseys already.

So in the beginning I had worse luck with who I got as far as signatures go..my first couple years I got Simon Depres (day before he got traded) and Derrick Pouliout two years ago. They used to do historic players as well and I got Phil Bourque :I Last year though it made up for itself and I got a signed Crosby jersey and a signed Malkin puck. When I first opened the bag I saw the jersey and when I saw 87 I lost it. It was also the new jerseys which I abs love. My hope is I get a signed Malkin or Dumo jersey. Malkin is my favorite player followed by Dumo so here is hoping. Overall though love the event and the bobbleheads are epic despite my Reechi one taking a plunge off my work desk :(

I will also say the overall quality of the items we get has improved every year. The bag from two years ago was horrible, like the zipper broke after I used it once. The bag from last year was epic and I use it as my carry-on when I fly. It's funny cause I flew last week during trade deadline and someone legit asked if I worked for the team..doesn't help I have the penguin neck pillow to LOL.

Got my bag yesterday afternoon in the mail via fedex. My bad luck of not so great puck signatures continues after an epic set last year with the jersey and puck. I got Carter Rowney :roll:

Overall though the items this year are pretty cool. Booblehead sets are awesome, not sure what I'm going to do though when I move in with my soon to be fiancé next year..be like "hey hun where do you want these 18 boobleheads?" :pop:
Pensfan4life8771
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Jim on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:26 pm

I'll take your Rowney if it isn't good enough for you.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby midd on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:26 pm

Mine came today. No jersey but I did get a Schultz autographed puck. Very happy with the contents and all for a good cause!
midd
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby johnnews on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:21 am

Same here, arrived yesterday. No jersey, but still a great cause. 0 for 3 now on jerseys. Got a #15 puck.
johnnews
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby sdm5055 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:27 am

Mine arrived yesterday as well, no jersey. Crosby signed puck though!
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Antonio on Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:12 pm

Crosby puck here. No jersey.
Antonio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Faubert5 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:14 pm

No jersey for me - signed puck from Rusty.

I let my son pick his bag first and he got a Maata jersey and a Schultz puck. Of the four bags we've bought (3 for me 1 for my son) we've received two jerseys. I got a Lemieux jersey on my first.
Faubert5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins