Game 82 vs Sens - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Game 82 vs Sens - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Penspal on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:27 am

Pens win 4-0

- A big shutout win to finish the season and clinch home ice while giving the jersey off your back.... well done to the entire Pittsburgh Penguins organization!
- Sid grabbed the mojo stick last night and showed Guentzel how to do "it", with the "it" being scoring from behind the net with precision and style
- Sid laid out a few solid hits last night, Oleksiak followed by crushing a few deserving Sens afterwards.... I'm looking forward to the playoff refs looking the other way when those warriors feel nasty is necessary
- Great game for DeSmith, he earned the shutout and can't hurt his confidence heading into the playoffs, hoping not too see him in action though ;)
- Watching Phil tap in empty net goals is like watching kids open presents on birthdays, there is a simple joy that oozes out and is infectious.
- Jooris's best game as a Pen? He's fast & relentless which personifies the spirit of a Pens playoff push.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Game 82 vs Sens - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby IntangibleBeer on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:43 am

I am extremely happy with the Penguins' dominant win. :fist:
Can't wait to see who they play in the 1st round (hoping for either Blue Jackets or Flyers).

I am curious, though. What happened to the Sens this year? Last year they were 1 OT goal away from the SCF (thanks Kunitz from Crosby).
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Durbano on Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:26 pm

Very glad they secured home ice for the first round.

Hats off to DeSmith, who made it look easy.

The Pens have spoiled me. I was thinking almost exclusively critical thoughts at one point during the game ... and then realized they were ahead, 2-0.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Mango Salsa on Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:51 pm

Just thought it was worth mentioning that the Pens struggling penalty kill is at 82% over the past 5 games.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby wondermoose on Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:39 pm

No injuries, good powerplay, minimal defensive breakdowns and kept things simple for DeSmith, nice intensity, nice performances from the players I've been worried about most (Letang, Guentzel, Sheary), Ruhwedel playing makes me believe that Hunwick is the odd-man out. Bonus of actually winning back-to-back games.

All very good things, couldn't ask for a better outcome.
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins