SCP18 Game 2 vs Flyers - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

SCP18 Game 2 vs Flyers - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Penspal on Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:45 am

Pens lose 5-1

- Game was closer than the score illustrates, but the Pens did not have the jump they should of had the the Flyers corrected some issues from game 1
- Very few LGP'ers predicted a Pens sweep, so the Pens had to lose a game or two somewhere, this was one
- Refs had a bad game last night, nor horrible, but not good either. They played like the Pens did :oops: Horny embellishment was malarky, watch the play at normal speed, no chance for Horny.
- the Rust & ZAR penalties cost the Pens, take those as examples as I'm sure HCMS will do & convince the players to not do that again
- Sid had the breakaway and the powerplay opportunity, he missed on both and was pissed. That will translate into a big game three for him
- Pens are lucky to still have Letang after that collision. Not suspension worthy, but there was an element of dirtiness to it. Giroux could see Kris there & threw himself back into Letang.... long series Claude :twisted:
- Murray had a couple of bad breaks, he'll come back strong on game three as well.
- This game ratchetd up the hate a little more, now we've got a playoff series
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: SCP18 Game 2 vs Flyers - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby battleship kelly on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:48 pm

play with some emotion, this isn't the third game of the year against vancouver, this is the NHL effen playoffs.
battleship kelly
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: SCP18 Game 2 vs Flyers - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Weegie on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:54 pm

It just amazes me how they can go from pounding them 7-0 to lose 5-1 just like that. You knew the Cryers were going to play better than they did the first game, but I didn't expect they would lose by 4.

And they have to shoot more and make some adjustments on the power play, way too many wasted chances there.

I hope they can win one in Philly, I can't stand listening to that crowd and the stupid chants and all, I hope they are awake now and take them out tomorrow.
Weegie
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins