Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins 2017 Stanley Cup Champs Fan Gear and Collectibles

Official GDT: ROUND 1, GAME 3 - 4/15/18 Pens @ Flyers

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT: ROUND 1, GAME 3 - 4/15/18 Pens @ Flyers

Postby OKpensfan247 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:15 pm

All is right in the universe again.
OKpensfan247
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitt87 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:20 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:Justin Schultz is like a PP secret weapon in the playoffs.

Today is a prime example of why he should play over Letang. I’ve been saying this forever. Letang doesn’t help with zone entries when you keep running the drop pass. Any oaf can skate the puck up and drop it back.

It’s Schultz’s willingness to shoot and miss shinpads. It’s the same in Washington, you have to respect Carlson at the top. Now Philly worries about 4 and gives Geno and Phil space. If they cheat to them, Schultz gets the space. Been saying this forever and they kept forcing Letang night after night. Letang offers zero creativity, zero quick thinking, and hits shin pads more often than not.

Keep 4 there. Even if it cools off a bit.

I agree his value is when he can find a shooting lane and rip it. Problem is he is hasn't been doing it enough. His goals are way down this season. Schultz needs to shoot more otherwise there is minimal difference between him and Letang.

Especially with our entries lead by Geno and Phil. Tanger is the best possible second group QB. Schultz shoots like Gonchar did. Low and through traffic.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby flame on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:20 pm

NashvilleCat wrote:Hockey sub on Reddit said the urinals in Wells Fargo all have Crosby's picture in them. Is that for real? If so, wow.

Go figure! Stay classy Philly
flame
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Skatingpen on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:22 pm

flame wrote:
NashvilleCat wrote:Hockey sub on Reddit said the urinals in Wells Fargo all have Crosby's picture in them. Is that for real? If so, wow.

Caps did that once too, the urinal cakes had his face on them.....another time they gave out binkies to fans..... bunch of grown people sucking on binkies
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby farnham16 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:30 pm

Not surprising. Same fan base that threw full beer cans at Vikings fans this year at the NFC Championship game.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pitt87 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:41 pm

farnham16 wrote:

Not surprising. Same fan base that threw full beer cans at Vikings fans this year at the NFC Championship game.

Probably just the poor janitor hoping to not have to mop up so much pee. Philly fans also disrespect their surroundings and each other frankly.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby Weegie on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Beautiful, back in command again, too bad it wasn't a shutout. They withstood all the Cryers could throw at them which wasn't much and shut that crowd up with the goal scoring outburst.
Weegie
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Malkintent on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:51 pm

OKpensfan247 wrote:All is right in the universe again.

Not yet. Still gotta purge these clowns.
Malkintent
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: Please help my dog https://www.gofundme.com/sumdm7d8

Postby Antonio on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:52 pm

Exactly the kind of game and response this team needed. Hopefully they can win the next two now by coming to play each time.
Antonio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Steve on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Skatingpen wrote:
flame wrote:

Caps did that once too, the urinal cakes had his face on them.....another time they gave out binkies to fans..... bunch of grown people sucking on binkies

Flyers fans trolling Crosby is kind of like a boxer who makes fun of Mike Tyson's lisp, after getting knocked out by Tyson in the first 30 seconds of the fight.

I know alot of it is just some fans having fun with the rivalry, but it's really become hilarious to hear the Crosby sucks chants and all of the whining ABOUT Crosby now.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Faubert5 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:42 pm

Malkintent wrote:
OKpensfan247 wrote:All is right in the universe again.

Not yet. Still gotta purge these clowns.

Yep. Get to four. Fast.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Postby toby91_ca on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:30 pm

Crosby is now 1 point away from tying Mario for the franchise scoring record for career playoff points
toby91_ca
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Humperdink on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:14 pm

The urinal story.

http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists ... 80415.html

From the article: "“It’s not the first building it’s happened in,” Crosby said. “I don’t know if they stole that idea from someone else, but yeah, that’s not the first time that’s happened.”

Terrific. Not only were the stunt’s masterminds classless, they were unoriginal. Understand: The prank wasn’t necessarily a reflection on the Flyers or even most of their followers. But it was a reflection on plenty of them, and it was stupid and sophomoric, another validation of the worst stereotypes of Philadelphia sports fans, the kind of thing that a high school meathead finds funny but that comes off to any mature person as pathetic. "
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pens_CT on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:26 pm

Humperdink wrote:The urinal story.

From the article: "“It’s not the first building it’s happened in,” Crosby said. “I don’t know if they stole that idea from someone else, but yeah, that’s not the first time that’s happened.”

Terrific. Not only were the stunt’s masterminds classless, they were unoriginal. Understand: The prank wasn’t necessarily a reflection on the Flyers or even most of their followers. But it was a reflection on plenty of them, and it was stupid and sophomoric, another validation of the worst stereotypes of Philadelphia sports fans, the kind of thing that a high school meathead finds funny but that comes off to any mature person as pathetic. "

Hopefully it's another 43 years before that pathetic organization wins another cup.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Faubert5 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:51 pm

pens_CT wrote:
Humperdink wrote:The urinal story.

Hopefully it's another 43 years before that pathetic organization wins another cup.

I'd like it to be never but would settle for 43.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Postby Steve Dave on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:55 am

Either way, I won’t be alive.
Steve Dave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby stonewizard51 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:44 am

Nothing surprises me when it comes to Philly. Classless fans are classless.

LOL I ran into one of the many jerks who call themselves Flyers fans in Hershey yesterday. He was wearing a T-Shirt that said "You can't spell Crosby without CRY !!!"

Wifey and I had just made it into the arena. I looked up at the TV and saw the score was 4-0. It was 2-0 when we got out of the car. He was pizzing and moaning so poorly I almost felt sorry for him. NOT !!! Poor little guy. Guess there really is a reason Flyers fans are called Cryers. :D

"I hate him. He's a whiny little baby" to which I added "who has his name on the Cup 3 times and who's never been arrested for grabbing a cop's ***".

"He's an ******* with no talent". LOLOL I then said "would you like some cheese to go with that whine. You do know he lives for that kind of hate don't you. Keep it up please" What an idiot.

Thank gawd the game started. Baby Pens won and the Pens won. It was a win/win so to speak.
stonewizard51
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Faubert5 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:49 am

stonewizard51 wrote:

LOL I ran into one of the many jerks who call themselves Flyers fans in Hershey yesterday. He was wearing a T-Shirt that said "You can't spell Crosby without CRY !!!"

Wifey and I had just made it into the arena. I looked up at the TV and saw the score was 4-0. It was 2-0 when we got out of the car. He was pizzing and moaning so poorly I almost felt sorry for him. NOT !!! Poor little guy. Guess there really is a reason Flyers fans are called Cryers. :D

"I hate him. He's a whiny little baby" to which I added "who has his name on the Cup 3 times and who's never been arrested for grabbing a cop's ***".

"He's an ******* with no talent". LOLOL I then said "would you like some cheese to go with that whine. You do know he lives for that kind of hate don't you. Keep it up please" What an idiot.

Thank gawd the game started. Baby Pens won and the Pens won. It was a win/win so to speak.

It's interesting to see the hate that Crosby inspires in other fan bases. I still blame Hitchcock for starting most of that crap.

Even here in Nashville they can't let go of the incident with Subban. You'd think that Sid crushed Subban's skull and are totally confused when asked what PK expected when he wouldn't let go of Crosby's leg and stick. My usual response is if you think what Sid did was violent be glad you didn't watch hockey before the Predators existed. PK would still be on a liquid diet if tried that in the old days and even with some of today's players.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby flame on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:23 pm

NashvilleCat wrote:
stonewizard51 wrote:

It's interesting to see the hate that Crosby inspires in other fan bases. I still blame Hitchcock for starting most of that crap.

Even here in Nashville they can't let go of the incident with Subban. You'd think that Sid crushed Subban's skull and are totally confused when asked what PK expected when he wouldn't let go of Crosby's leg and stick. My usual response is if you think what Sid did was violent be glad you didn't watch hockey before the Predators existed. PK would still be on a liquid diet if tried that in the old days and even with some of today's players.

I went to the cup clincher in Nashville and the hate was at a high level for Crosby. I had a feeling it wouldn’t die down much
flame
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Puck-Lurker on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:26 pm

NashvilleCat wrote:
stonewizard51 wrote:

The PK Soup-Pan Dribble is one of my favourite moments from last series. Loved how Crosby wasn't overreacting but didn't take his crap either.

Dont think we complained about him holding Crosby out of play by leg and stick. Matching minors would have made me shrug there. But ya gotta realise your own team isnt a collection of saints either. Hate is a waste of energy.
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby stonewizard51 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:47 pm

Yeah. Soupcan got what he wanted. He kept Crosby out of the play so it wouldn't have been an odd man rush up the ice but he paid the price. TBH I was surprised both weren't penalized. Just a good old fashioned hockey play right ? :?
stonewizard51
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins