GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!

Postby battleship kelly on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:29 pm

land that I love!!!!!
battleship kelly
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!

Postby Liverlips on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:42 pm

npr :P

and *bless* Philadelphia, land that the Pens FREAKING OWN! HAHAHAHA!
Liverlips
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Humperdink on Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:15 am

How many cities have as their most famous sports statue, a fictional character? If you guessed Philadelphia, you would be right.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby longtimefan on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:05 am

When I saw the Kate Smith rendition of God Bless America, I thought about how long ago she became an icon for their cup teams. That's 43 years since the last one. It's time to let it go. Move on. It seems like the Flyers can't stop romanticizing the Broad Street Bullies. They aren't anything like that, yet they always have an undercurrent of being dirty and cheap. Somebody said to me before game 4 that they expected Philly to come out and play real physical. I've heard that even from Milbury and Jones. They can't play that way. It's not how they're built. They aren't tough or physical as a team. They stiil are cheap and dirty though. They must live up to that legacy. How many years has Kate Smith been dead?
longtimefan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby stonewizard51 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:38 am

longtimefan wrote:When I saw the Kate Smith rendition of God Bless America, I thought about how long ago she became an icon for their cup teams. That's 43 years since the last one. It's time to let it go. Move on. It seems like the Flyers can't stop romanticizing the Broad Street Bullies. They aren't anything like that, yet they always have an undercurrent of being dirty and cheap. Somebody said to me before game 4 that they expected Philly to come out and play real physical. I've heard that even from Milbury and Jones. They can't play that way. It's not how they're built. They aren't tough or physical as a team. They stiil are cheap and dirty though. They must live up to that legacy. How many years has Kate Smith been dead?

I don't have a problem with them reliving the past as long as they continue to relive it every year ad infinitum. I don't ever want to see them lift the Cup again. I rarely quote Mark Madden but LOL when I think about his song "Have you ever seen the Flyers win the Cup"?
stonewizard51
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Risto on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:56 am

It's too bad that "1975" has too many syllables in it to make it an effective chant, like the old "1940" for the Rangers.
Risto
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby johnnews on Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:55 pm

Risto wrote:It's too bad that "1975" has too many syllables in it to make it an effective chant, like the old "1940" for the Rangers.

How about "43 years"?
johnnews
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby sil on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:25 am

Risto wrote:It's too bad that "1975" has too many syllables in it to make it an effective chant, like the old "1940" for the Rangers.

"SEVEN-TEE-FI-IVE...(dum, dum, dum-dum-dum)..."
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins