Stewie Griffin Postgame: Pens Prime Flyers 5-0 (R1, G4)

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Stewie Griffin Postgame: Pens Prime Flyers 5-0 (R1, G4)

Postby netwolf on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:30 pm

Credit to [redacted] for the sweet Pens-centric pic.
Stewie Griffin wrote:Now then, I’m going to do something I call the “compliment sandwich”, where I say something good, then talk about where you need improvement, and then end with something good.

Pens at Flyers, a 5-0 win

Something good: The penalty kill continues to do work. A perfect 4 for 4, and they only let 3 shots get to Matt Murray. Especially nice work the double-minor to Evgeni Malkin.

Where they need improvement: Let's be honest; whatever goes here is going to be a nitpick, so faceoffs I guess. Other than Riley Sheahan (10-3) everyone else was under 50%.

Something good: Maybe it wasn't the toughest shutout of his life, but Murray was sharp when he needed to be. Timely saves can be as important as the 10 bell variety (and sometimes even more so), and #30 was all over the former tonight.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Stewie Griffin Postgame: Pens Prime Flyers 5-0 (R1, G4)

Postby Liverlips on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:39 pm

Posted the below in the GDT but I think it bears noting...we are so fortunate to watch these studs play. Our beloved Pens took away the Flyers spirits to play tonight, just took the desire to compete right out of them with their soul-crushing, suffocating performance. Now curb-stomp them Friday! :twisted: :twisted:

Just wow:

Penguins PR
‏ @PensPRLady
47m47 minutes ago

With his 5-0 shutout tonight, @mattmurray_30 recorded his 25th career playoff win in 36 games played, making him the fastest NHL goalie to reach that milestone.

Code: Select all
Matt Murray      36GP
Bill Duman*      37GP
Terry Sawchuck*  37GP
Gerry Cheevers*  37GP
Grant Fuhr*      37GP
Patrick Roy*     37GP

* = HHOF

Liverlips
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins