When will Kris Letang stop playing like he has no brain?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: When will Kris Letang stop playing like he has no brain?

Postby Steve on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:31 am

jitter1127 wrote:I was never a letang fan. Not sure the obsession with him from the organization. He has bad aim, not very physical, and just lacks general hockey sense. He has decent speed and some good offensive moves, but he is not a forward. I know i don't say wow what a hit or great defense too many times about letang and he is supposed to be a star. Pens need some true defensemen. We have too many hybrid players

Letang could play almost half the game and absolutely control the game, there aren't many defenseman in the league that can do that. I'm speaking of Letang prior to the surgery. I completely understand why the organization (and most outside of the organization) recognized his value.

His speed is much better than decent and I'm not sure how you can say he's not physical.

Letang is polarizing in part because he's always played a bit out of control - this is what made him dangerous and difficult to handle by other teams - but also at times it made him vulnerable to injuries and turnovers etc.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Risto on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:11 am

I don't know what the advanced metrics say, but I'm guessing that the Pens puck possession and offensive zone time numbers over the years are dramatically different when Letang plays and doesn't play. Yes, he makes mistakes, but he's also a transition game machine. And, oh by the way, he's the most physical Pens defenseman by far, despite his size. I think these are the things the organization recognizes about him.
Risto
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Badger Bob on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:54 am

Lesky wrote:
America wrote:Go to bed Shawn.

I am not Shawn btw. Shawnlesky is located in DuBois, Pennsylvania, USA if I am not mistaken?

I am located in Sweden, and its 05.17 AM here so, you are right I should go to bed though.

Shawn Lesky now lives in Grove City, Pennsylvania. He's moving on up in the world.

How's Swedish Fish and meatballs these days? :)
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins