Official GDT: ROUND 2, GAME 3 - 5/1/18 Pens vs Caps

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT: ROUND 2, GAME 3 - 5/1/18 Pens vs Caps

Postby flame on Tue May 01, 2018 9:42 pm

flame
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby farnham16 on Tue May 01, 2018 9:42 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:Stop being homers for 1 second. ZAR saw the hit coming and Wilson hits him clean, he leaves his skates as a result of the impact. If you're whining about that hit I don't know what to say.

Broken jaw and a concussion for ZAR. You and people with you're types of opinions on hockey are a joke. I have no tolerance for this any longer.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Inkio on Tue May 01, 2018 9:44 pm

Inkio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DelPen on Tue May 01, 2018 9:45 pm

ZAR has a broken jaw. Surgery. Sully finally saws the league needs to do something.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pressure=9Pa on Tue May 01, 2018 9:47 pm

Decent point on the Penguin post-game radio. Even if you want to say that the hit was a hockey play, if you are a respectful hockey player "on the edge", you don't laugh when the victim is on the ice bleeding with a broken jaw and a concussion.
pressure=9Pa
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Steve on Tue May 01, 2018 9:48 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:Stop being homers for 1 second. ZAR saw the hit coming and Wilson hits him clean, he leaves his skates as a result of the impact. If you're whining about that hit I don't know what to say.

We're all frustrated, but that's just crazy talk.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Humperdink on Tue May 01, 2018 9:48 pm

DelPen wrote:ZAR has a broken jaw. Surgery. Sully finally saws the league needs to do something.

A bit late, don't you think Sully?
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Southern Fan on Tue May 01, 2018 9:48 pm

DelPen wrote:ZAR has a broken jaw. Surgery. Sully finally saws the league needs to do something.

No shoulder separation ?
Southern Fan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Crashguy66 on Tue May 01, 2018 9:49 pm

vcip wrote:

ummm...no

Yeah. Right. I'm with ya. This is a Pens FANS forum. Not a generic hockey forum. So sick of certain "posters" from up north thinking they are the be all / end all of hockey. The rest of us just need to take off our black n gold glasses and shut the hell up. We know nothing. And God forbid, don't make a spelling or grammar error while posting or another tongue lashing is coming your way. K. M. A.
Crashguy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Humperdink on Tue May 01, 2018 9:50 pm

How does one get a broken jaw on a shoulder to shoulder hit? (Sarc alert)
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby thehockeyguru on Tue May 01, 2018 9:50 pm

farnham16 wrote:

Shoulder right to the side of the head sherlock. ZAR BLEEEDING FROM THE HEAD. How do you bleed from the head from a clean hit?

People like you are ones running this league and why crap this and garbage players/people like Tom Wilson can play in the league.

Here's how you bleed on a clean hit, ZAR is 6 foot, when you bend your knees to make a hockey move you become smaller. When Tom Wilson who is 6 foot 4 doesn't bend down hits ZAR it can cause injury.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Wyopen on Tue May 01, 2018 9:50 pm

Steve wrote:
Antonio wrote:
Southern Fan wrote:Caps and Pens are arguably the 6th and 7th best teams left in the playoffs. And, whomever wins, will most likely be the worst team left.

Tough road to the Cup even if we come back in this series.

Very true. Even if they win, pens won't beat Tampa or Boston. I don't care...I just wish they wouldn't lose to WASHINGTON. Sadly I don't see the pulling it out.

The Pens aren't losing this series, but the Pens are no where near where they were this time last year.

I hope you’re right, but it doesn’t look good.
Wyopen
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby farnham16 on Tue May 01, 2018 9:51 pm

Humperdink wrote:How does one get a broken jaw on a shoulder to shoulder hit? (Sarc alert)

Great question. Need to ask thehockeyguru. He's been playing hockey since he was 5 and he's a hockey guru.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby vcip on Tue May 01, 2018 9:51 pm

Crashguy66 wrote:
vcip wrote:

ummm...no

Yeah. Right. I'm with ya. This is a Pens FANS forum. Not a generic hockey forum. So sick of certain "posters" from up north thinking they are the be all / end all of hockey. The rest of us just need to take off our black n gold glasses and shut the hell up. We know nothing. And God forbid, don't make a spelling or grammar error while posting or another tongue lashing is coming your way. K. M. A.

no one objective watching these last 2 games can deny what is right in front of them
this supposed league has NO RULES
vcip
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Humperdink on Tue May 01, 2018 9:52 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:
farnham16 wrote:

Shoulder right to the side of the head sherlock. ZAR BLEEEDING FROM THE HEAD. How do you bleed from the head from a clean hit?

People like you are ones running this league and why crap this and garbage players/people like Tom Wilson can play in the league.

Here's how you bleed on a clean hit, ZAR is 6 foot, when you bend your knees to make a hockey move you become smaller. When Tom Wilson who is 6 foot 4 doesn't bend down hits ZAR it can cause injury.

Take it somewhere else.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pruezy11881 on Tue May 01, 2018 9:52 pm

Southern Fan wrote:

No shoulder separation ?

Jaw bone connected to the humorous thus the injury.
Pruezy11881
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby farnham16 on Tue May 01, 2018 9:53 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:
farnham16 wrote:

OH. Thanks that explains it perfectly. You've changed my mind.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby farnham16 on Tue May 01, 2018 9:57 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:
farnham16 wrote:

Though, with this logic, why aren't there a hundred hits like this a game? Considering dudes are bending their knees making hockey plays all game, one would expect bigger guys to be smoking smaller guys in the head constantly then right?
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DelPen on Tue May 01, 2018 9:59 pm

Does anyone else love watching hockey so a player who should have been tossed can commit another uncalled penalty to set up a game winning goal? I know I do. **** You NHL.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby KG on Tue May 01, 2018 10:00 pm

Have to hope that this game will fire up everyone and the rest of the team besides the first line will start producing.

Murray needs to be better too. So much for these great stats after a playoff loss.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pressure=9Pa on Tue May 01, 2018 10:01 pm

Sullivan: "We lose a guy to a broken jaw that's going to require surgery and a concussion because of another high hit to the head. At some point we would hope that the league might do something."
pressure=9Pa
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby vcip on Tue May 01, 2018 10:03 pm

DelPen wrote:Does anyone else love watching hockey so a player who should have been tossed can commit another uncalled penalty to set up a game winning goal? I know I do. **** You NHL.

Pens have some issues but the ridiculous officiating and ignoring an obvious goal along with blatant penalties and player suspension are costing the Pens games without any doubt
vcip
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Southern Fan on Tue May 01, 2018 10:03 pm

KG wrote:Have to hope that this game will fire up everyone and the rest of the team besides the first line will start producing.

Murray needs to be better too. So much for these great stats after a playoff loss.

Doubt if they get fired up. Really flat performance
Southern Fan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby America on Tue May 01, 2018 10:04 pm

Wilson should have been tossed, should have been a penalty at the end for the slewgoot, sure.

But Murray lost this game. 100% on him.
America
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Southern Fan on Tue May 01, 2018 10:05 pm

pressure=9Pa wrote:Sullivan: "We lose a guy to a broken jaw that's going to require surgery and a concussion because of another high hit to the head. At some point we would hope that the league might do something."

The attorney for retired players trying to move the concussion law suit to a class action must love Tom Wilson and the cretin analysts.
Southern Fan
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins