Official GDT: ROUND 2, GAME 3 - 5/1/18 Pens vs Caps

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT: ROUND 2, GAME 3 - 5/1/18 Pens vs Caps

Postby Badger Bob on Wed May 02, 2018 8:36 am

I'm very impressed with Brassard. His playoff scoring has shown why the Pens went out and got him, yes?
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby vcip on Wed May 02, 2018 8:55 am

leave it ti nhl.com to write article on ZAR in this way....
comical

https://www.nhl.com/news/penguins-aston ... =297172052
vcip
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Badger Bob on Wed May 02, 2018 9:36 am

vcip wrote:leave it ti nhl.com to write article on ZAR in this way....
comical

https://www.nhl.com/news/penguins-aston ... =297172052

The video from NHL Network is pretty good tho.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby goald6 on Wed May 02, 2018 9:40 am

thehockeyguru wrote:
DelPen wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
battleship kelly wrote:Ill say it again, this league is a disgrace, it doesn't matter if he wouldn't have caught them you idiots, it was a PENALTY, and he should of been ejected.

Ejected? For what?

The head shot to ZAR where he left his feet. Did you start watching in the third?

I've played hockey since I was 5, that hit on ZAR was as clean as it gets.

LOL no it wasn't. Why are you even here? I've played sports since I was 1.5 (see an arbitrary number is easy to make up) and that's as dangerous a shot as I've seen. But let's keep pretending that Tom is the cleanest little hockey player this side of the Mississippi. If you end up IN THE BENCH then you've left your feet. Tom Wilson is a trash bag and will always be a trash bag. When he gets lit up like Burfict was by Juju then everyone will stand and applaud his misfortune.
goald6

Postby goald6 on Wed May 02, 2018 9:45 am

thehockeyguru wrote:Stop being homers for 1 second. ZAR saw the hit coming and Wilson hits him clean, he leaves his skates as a result of the impact. If you're whining about that hit I don't know what to say.

Again, No LOL. You can see all the hit that you want, but when ZAR SEES Wilson's shoulder in his eye and face, then it doesn't matter what he SEES. And I'm sick of this leaving the skates as a result of the impact bullshhiiiiiiiiiiiz. He LAUNCHED himself into the bench like he was sitting there waiting for his next shift.
goald6

Postby farnham16 on Wed May 02, 2018 4:34 pm

brwi wrote:
farnham16 wrote:
Antonio wrote:
brwi wrote:VERY disappointing and a real series changing kind of loss.

Yup. A win here would have given us the momentum. Now they have every advantage.

Game to game momentum doesn't exist. If Pens play great Thursday they win, if not, they could lose again. Caps winning tonight isn't going to effect anything that happens next game.

Game to game momentum certainly can exist, whether it's reg or playoff season. Don't think the Caps had some game to game momentum going when they took 4 straight from Columbus? Avs winning 10 in a row this season? Pens 15 game streak in 2013? You get on a roll as team with loads of confidence and yes, it can definitely carry over to the next game.

Caps have to be feeling more confident and inspired after mounting a comeback last night in the 3rd, on the road, and winning. So much is mental and team parity is close enough to where it comes down to playing with supreme confidence and not uneasiness or fear.

No I really don't think game to game momentum is a thing. Teams that put together winning streaks do it because they get consistent great play each night. The feeling the Caps got from winning last night will have absolutely nothing to do with what happens tomorrow night when the puck drops. Its a brand new game. Now, can the Caps take more confidence from that win and use that to help them play great? Of course. But I just don't believe at all that the Caps winning last night gives them a better chance to win tomorrow.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins