SCP18 Game 3 vs Caps - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: SCP18 Game 3 vs Caps - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby no name on Thu May 03, 2018 7:07 am

I am more furious about the Wilson trip on Maatta that cost us the game. Just an awful missed call.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Badger Bob on Thu May 03, 2018 10:01 am

Sprong took the morning skate with the team today. Jooris was there too. Can't find anything about line combos though.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby OKpensfan247 on Thu May 03, 2018 11:29 am

- unbelievable to me the Caps and general hockey fans trying to defend Wilson's hit and argue for no suspension, especially considering Wilson's history and consistent shadiness.
- my opinion is we are beating ourselves and giving Caps basically all of their success. Oleksiak thinking he is Bobby Orr instead of banging puck around boards, leads to Caps easy goal. Maatta's horrible slot pass end of game instead of dump along boards with 1 minute left. Murray's lackluster goaltending compared to last two years. Horrible 3rd goal. Rust tipping Carlson's shot and thus beating his own goaltender. Play more disciplined and get better goaltending.
- our success seems much more skilled/earned. Geno with incredible move and pass to Horny on PP. Jake's incredible stick work and pass to set up Sid. Jake's incredibly skilled tip in. Caps are not beating themselves and Holtby has been very good this year compared to last 2 years. Hopefully that changes when we get Hags back and can roll some more depth/speed. Hopefully.
- completely agree we are a 1 line and PP team right now. Frustrating. No depth production.
- I would not touch/break-up top line. Don't screw up the one line that is working. Have to find other ways. Possibly Geno with Phil will work.
- Kuhnhackl appears more and more like empty sweater. I have defended playing him in this series until now.
- sucks to lose ZAR. He was our one player noticeably showing up in physical department in game 3.
OKpensfan247
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby lemieuxReturns on Thu May 03, 2018 11:39 am

no name wrote:I am more furious about the Wilson trip on Maatta that cost us the game. Just an awful missed call.

https://twitter.com/Allie874/status/991504128303075329
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins