Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

What will Tom Wilsons hearing product be?

5000 Dollars
12
24%
1 game
14
29%
2 games
9
18%
3 games
4
8%
4 games
5
10%
5 games
0
No votes
Should of been a in-person hearing.
5
10%
 
Total votes : 49

Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby no name on Wed May 02, 2018 10:50 am

Give your reasoning.

I say he gets 2 games, but in reality it should be 3 or 4.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,981
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby penny lane on Wed May 02, 2018 10:55 am

4- gone for the series
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,059
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: The boys are back!

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby alancac98 on Wed May 02, 2018 11:00 am

He should be gone for the series, but I voted one game as realistically, the NHL wants the Pens out of the playoffs!
alancac98
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 5:36 pm

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby Antonio on Wed May 02, 2018 11:02 am

Death penalty. Oh wait...you mean what will the NHL give him? A bouquet of roses.
Antonio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,239
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:08 pm

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby Inkio on Wed May 02, 2018 11:05 am

Anyone else think they should record the hearings and allow the public to hear what goes on during them?
Inkio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:39 pm

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby Pruezy11881 on Wed May 02, 2018 11:07 am

He was suspended earlier this season so he should get more, but I'm thinking 2 because the league will have to do something about the incident and can't give him 1 game being a repeat offender.

Who am I kidding. It's going to be a fine that Teddy will pay and Wilson will get a handshake.
Pruezy11881
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,647
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:09 am
Location: Erie, PA

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby pressure=9Pa on Wed May 02, 2018 11:07 am

One game. The NHL has boxed themselves in. They "officially" are only reviewing last night's hit - arguably Wilson's 3rd most egregious hit of the post-season. If they come down hard, they are admitting they screwed up the previous two. If they don't suspend, they are at a very real risk of Wilson taking a questionable run at someone in game four and making their situation worse. One game is the closest they can come to staying on the tightrope.
pressure=9Pa
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,846
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Northern Indiana

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby Stillerz Bar on Wed May 02, 2018 11:14 am

alancac98 wrote:He should be gone for the series, but I voted one game as realistically, the NHL wants the Pens out of the playoffs!

Me too - there is no way he should be back for this series but I'll be shocked if the league gives him more than a game and I won't be surprised if it's just cash.
Stillerz Bar
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:37 pm

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby blueee on Wed May 02, 2018 11:16 am

I wanted to pick 5000 dollars AND 4 games just because now that Wilson has injured someone in this series his work is done. If Dumo had been hurt I don’t think Austin-Reese would have gotten hurt—It feels like Wilson’s goal was one player out per series...that’s why he was laughing on the bench...He accomplished his goal. All conjecture on my part of course.........
blueee
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:44 pm
Location: Just a girl and a smart phone with a Letsgopens app!

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby Stillerz Bar on Wed May 02, 2018 11:17 am

pressure=9Pa wrote:One game. The NHL has boxed themselves in. They "officially" are only reviewing last night's hit - arguably Wilson's 3rd most egregious hit of the post-season. If they come down hard, they are admitting they screwed up the previous two. If they don't suspend, they are at a very real risk of Wilson taking a questionable run at someone in game four and making their situation worse. One game is the closest they can come to staying on the tightrope.

Why did they even need to say that in advance - Why not just say there is a hearing and then decide what to do? Boxing themselves in makes no sense but sadly it isn't surprising either. :roll:
Stillerz Bar
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:37 pm

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby Tcari394 on Wed May 02, 2018 11:18 am

Hi all.. I rarely post, but wanted to chime in on this one.

My guess is 3 games. They'll give him just enough to satisfy their obligation to respond to the injury (not the hit).. but still have a story-line for a potential game 7.

I also think that Ovi's goal will finally "flip the switch" and get this team back to work.
Tcari394
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:43 pm

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby pronovost19 on Wed May 02, 2018 11:18 am

I think he gets a slap on the wrist. A fine. That's it.
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,173
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:22 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby blueee on Wed May 02, 2018 11:25 am

Tcari394 wrote:Hi all.. I rarely post, but wanted to chime in on this one.

My guess is 3 games. They'll give him just enough to satisfy their obligation to respond to the injury (not the hit).. but still have a story-line for a potential game 7.

I also think that Ovi's goal will finally "flip the switch" and get this team back to work.



Good point on the game 7 showdown at Washington !
Last edited by blueee on Wed May 02, 2018 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
blueee
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:44 pm
Location: Just a girl and a smart phone with a Letsgopens app!

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby KG on Wed May 02, 2018 11:25 am

penny lane wrote:4- gone for the series


I agree with this penny. The NHL has created this disaster and has let a lot go. Not sure how they don't come down at least a little hard on this guy. I'm more annoyed at how the league refuses to take head shots seriously.

The game has changed. There's no more Scott Stevens, Messier's, Clarke's. The hard hitting/over the line elbows isn't around anymore.

It's certainly not around in the regular season. Now if the NHL is just going to say "it's playoff hockey" which is the problem. Look at what the refs have let go, just because it's the playoffs. Just stop it already and police the game the right way!
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,499
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby LordStanley919209 on Wed May 02, 2018 11:28 am

Best guess is one game. Range is probably between a fine and two games.

Should be gone for the series.
LordStanley919209
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:09 pm

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby jreed on Wed May 02, 2018 11:32 am

I said one game. Ive heard commentators say that the NHL can't do anything because they've set a precedent. I see it the opposite. They now have to do something now that this is the 3rd offense this postseason and someone has been seriously injured.
jreed
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 4:34 pm

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby pronovost19 on Wed May 02, 2018 11:38 am

What time is the hearing/due process meeting?
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,173
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:22 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby IntangibleBeer on Wed May 02, 2018 11:40 am

Antonio wrote:Death penalty. Oh wait...you mean what will the NHL give him? A bouquet of roses.


Exactly. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Where's that NHL Wheel of Justice when you need it? :face:


I think the poll is flawed. It should have a choice of NOTHING, because that's what he's really going to get.
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,381
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 10:17 am
Location: Cranberry Township, PA

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby IntangibleBeer on Wed May 02, 2018 11:42 am

KG wrote:
penny lane wrote:4- gone for the series


I agree with this penny. The NHL has created this disaster and has let a lot go. Not sure how they don't come down at least a little hard on this guy. I'm more annoyed at how the league refuses to take head shots seriously.

The game has changed. There's no more Scott Stevens, Messier's, Clarke's. The hard hitting/over the line elbows isn't around anymore.

It's certainly not around in the regular season. Now if the NHL is just going to say "it's playoff hockey" which is the problem. Look at what the refs have let go, just because it's the playoffs. Just stop it already and police the game the right way!



Ain't gonna happen, I'm sorry to say. Wilson will get off with a slap on the wrist, trust me.

The NHL is run by a bunch of Neanderthals.
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,381
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 10:17 am
Location: Cranberry Township, PA

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby Humperdink on Wed May 02, 2018 11:42 am

Just a fine. This hit was not as bad as the hit on Dumo.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,716
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:10 am
Location: Allegheny National Forest

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby pronovost19 on Wed May 02, 2018 11:47 am

Humperdink wrote:Just a fine. This hit was not as bad as the hit on Dumo.


Yeah and they will stand firm on their decision from the Dumo hit.
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,173
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:22 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby Cow_Master66 on Wed May 02, 2018 12:36 pm

I think he's only getting a hearing because he was laughing. My guess is the max he gets is a game and can't think of any way he gets more than that. I'd also say the only reason he is having a hearing is because Sully spoke up.

The Dumo hit, although worse, was also tougher to avoid from Willson's perspective. The ZAR hit was a pure intent to injure, but at the same time, much closer to being just a clean hard hit.

Once again, the NHL will come off looking stupid no matter what they do because they dropped the ball in game 2. If they had acted on that, even if it was just a fine, they could justify giving him a game or two this time around.
Cow_Master66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 9:41 am

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby no name on Wed May 02, 2018 12:53 pm

Cow_Master66 wrote:I think he's only getting a hearing because he was laughing. My guess is the max he gets is a game and can't think of any way he gets more than that. I'd also say the only reason he is having a hearing is because Sully spoke up.

The Dumo hit, although worse, was also tougher to avoid from Willson's perspective. The ZAR hit was a pure intent to injure, but at the same time, much closer to being just a clean hard hit.

Once again, the NHL will come off looking stupid no matter what they do because they dropped the ball in game 2. If they had acted on that, even if it was just a fine, they could justify giving him a game or two this time around.


Agreed, if they only took action with a 5000 fine on the Dumo or Wrenberg hit it would of sent a message this type of wreckless play had to be dealt with. There won't even be a mention of those hits in the NHL explination. Wilson is just a careless and wreckless player, you need to send a message that says we don't want to deal with this. Giving a 5000 fine on one of those hits means they could of sent more than a 1 or 2 game suspension.

He is Matt Cooke 2.0 and should of been dealt with accordingly. Grauge league.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,981
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby SubtropicalPenguin on Wed May 02, 2018 1:05 pm

He's injured three people with head shots in nine games. If the NHL gave a darn about the health of their players, he would be gone for the rest of the playoffs, however long that is. I guess since ZAR is gone for the rest of the season, they'll at least give him some sort of punishment. If the NHL had done the right thing after his first illegal head shot of the series, they could have spared ZAR a broken jaw and a potentially life-altering concussion, but hey, nothing they could do, right? As for what they NHL will actually do - I spun the wheel and came up with 2 games.
SubtropicalPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:52 pm

Re: Poll: Wilsons penalty.

Postby Durbano on Wed May 02, 2018 1:13 pm

Just a fine. They don't want to make the on-ice officials look worse. They know the TV ratings will be higher with him in the lineup tomorrow.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,644
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:33 pm

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


e-mail