Stewie Griffin Postgame: Caps Con Pens 6-3 (R2, G5)

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Stewie Griffin Postgame: Caps Con Pens 6-3 (R2, G5)

Postby netwolf on Sun May 06, 2018 1:52 pm

Credit to [redacted] for the sweet Pens-centric pic.
Stewie Griffin wrote:Now then, I’m going to do something I call the “compliment sandwich”, where I say something good, then talk about where you need improvement, and then end with something good.

Pens at Caps, a 6-3 loss

Something good: The Pens scored first, and actually managed to do so with Sidney Crosby on the bench, the first time that's happened this series. Jamie Oleksiak slammed home a Derick Brassard feed (with a little help from Brooks Orpik), and the good guys went up 1-0.

Where they need improvement: The Caps have a ton of talent, and as such, can be very opportunistic. You cannot give them free looks. They will end up in your net. Like Dominik Simon's extremely avoidable penalty. Kris Letang doing whatever that was to open the 3rd and puck-watching on the eventual winner.

Something good: We saw signs of life from Brassard and the 4th line. They were tilting the ice big-time when they were out there.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Stewie Griffin Postgame: Caps Con Pens 6-3 (R2, G5)

Postby LimerickPensFan on Mon May 07, 2018 1:18 pm

In defense of Simon, it's tough to know what is a penalty during these playoffs. I mean, we have the extremely light hooking calls against both ovi and sid, and then Wilson can knock two players out of the game with hits to the head without even a minor called.
LimerickPensFan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby DistinctKickingMtn on Mon May 07, 2018 1:52 pm

There is no defense of Simon. He's stunk, the whole series.
DistinctKickingMtn
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Antonio on Mon May 07, 2018 1:55 pm

DistinctKickingMtn wrote:There is no defense of Simon. He's stunk, the whole series.

Yup. Playing him over and over and over when he stinks every damn game is insane.
Antonio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins