Official GDT: ROUND 2, GAME 6 - 5/7/18 Pens vs Caps

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT: ROUND 2, GAME 6 - 5/7/18 Pens vs Caps

Postby Abe Frohman on Mon May 07, 2018 10:36 pm

Pitt87 wrote:
pressure=9Pa wrote:No one will pretend Murray had a good series, but he's earned the benefit of a bad series, or even a season. He's young, and can recover. MAF had some awful post seasons in the middle of his career as well. Letang on the other hand, has had enough chances.

Enough chances... He nearly had a career ending heart condition and wss severely injured last season. Need to deal with whatever is happening in his head - he might not be able to overcome it frankly - but Tanger has had a tough go too.

The opposing teams in the NHL do not give a damn about Letang’s ‘tough go,’ nor should we. It sucks for him, sure...but if he cannot cut it, he needs dealt. The problem is finding a suitor...
Abe Frohman
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pensfaninhudsonvalley on Mon May 07, 2018 10:37 pm

Murray had a bad series, it was due, has been thru alot this year. Some added pressure as being THE number 1....work on glove hand in off-season, get a good D in the offseason, try to unload 58 or buy him out, this can't go on anymore. Brassard was wasted just like Iginla was, trade him for something, Arizona may bite, or Montreal
pensfaninhudsonvalley
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby wondermoose on Mon May 07, 2018 10:38 pm

DelPen wrote:
Inkio wrote:
DelPen wrote:
Inkio wrote:Murray hasn't been the same since he lost his Dad. I think he comes back strong next year. He may need a Summer to recuperate.

Think about this... He's 23 years old. He lost his father at 23. That's hard. Not to mention being a professional hockey goalie. That's a lot of pressure.

I think he returns to form next year.

I think he’s mentally done and will never recover.

I hope that's sarcasm. If not, damn lol.

It’s not. He was out way too long this year for whatever reasons and it’s not going to get better

If Fleury can come back from that dark hole he was in, anyone can.
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pensfaninhudsonvalley on Mon May 07, 2018 10:39 pm

also doesn't help team went 2-4 in the playoffs at home after winning 30 in the regular season.
pensfaninhudsonvalley
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pens_CT on Mon May 07, 2018 10:39 pm

DelPen wrote:
Inkio wrote:
DelPen wrote:
Inkio wrote:Murray hasn't been the same since he lost his Dad. I think he comes back strong next year. He may need a Summer to recuperate.

Think about this... He's 23 years old. He lost his father at 23. That's hard. Not to mention being a professional hockey goalie. That's a lot of pressure.

It’s not. He was out way too long this year for whatever reasons and it’s not going to get better

People thought MAF was done after crapping the bed multiple years in the playoffs and that was proven wrong. People need to get a grip, we weren't the best team in the east at any point during this season, yet people thought all we had to do was flip a switch during the playoffs. That is as dillusional as thinking Murray is finished.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitt87 on Mon May 07, 2018 10:41 pm

I usually root for the team that eliminated us, just to think we got beat by the better team... Not this time. Too many of their fans take the game personally. I dont hate Ovi - would like to see him win, in fact - but Trotz is sniveling garbage and their supporting players are mental midgets.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby Southern Fan on Mon May 07, 2018 10:41 pm

As bad as we think they were, they could leading this series 6-0 right now.
Southern Fan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby lemieuxReturns on Mon May 07, 2018 10:41 pm

Big game Brass!!!!

Am I right?
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens_CT on Mon May 07, 2018 10:41 pm

wondermoose wrote:
DelPen wrote:
Inkio wrote:
DelPen wrote:

If Fleury can come back from that dark hole he was in, anyone can.

Don't start trying to make sense at this point, we have 30 GM's here who have big plans to dismantle the team.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Mon May 07, 2018 10:45 pm

Maybe we need a gripe thread and anyone who is mad at anything can just get it off their chest? So many things this year, some unavoidable, others where my 8 year old daughter would have fixed.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pens_CT on Mon May 07, 2018 10:47 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:Big game Brass!!!!

Am I right?

You can pin the blame on all of the forwards not on the first line, but sure make Brassard the wipping boy of the forwards.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby LimerickPensFan on Mon May 07, 2018 10:48 pm

pens_CT wrote:
Don't start trying to make sense at this point, we have 30 GM's here who have big plans to dismantle the team.

Hey, if we work at it, we can get ourselves in the same place at goalie that the Flyers have been at for the last 20 years or so.
LimerickPensFan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby DelPen on Mon May 07, 2018 10:50 pm

pens_CT wrote:

Am I right?

You can pin the blame on all of the forwards not on the first line, but sure make Brassard the wipping boy of the forwards.

Crosby and Guentzel had one shot on goal between them. You can pin blame on them tonight for sure.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Steve on Mon May 07, 2018 10:51 pm

DelPen wrote:Maybe we need a gripe thread and anyone who is mad at anything can just get it off their chest? So many things this year, some unavoidable, others where my 8 year old daughter would have fixed.

I don't think there's a ton to gripe about, the Pens haven't lost a playoff series in three years....
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pressure=9Pa on Mon May 07, 2018 10:51 pm

LimerickPensFan wrote:
pens_CT wrote:

Hey, if we work at it, we can get ourselves in the same place at goalie that the Flyers have been at for the last 20 years or so.

40 years.
pressure=9Pa
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Abe Frohman on Mon May 07, 2018 10:52 pm

DelPen wrote:Maybe we need a gripe thread and anyone who is mad at anything can just get it off their chest? So many things this year, some unavoidable, others where my 8 year old daughter would have fixed.

Until it gets started:

1) Should have never given Letang that contract.
2) Simon over Sprong? Play Sprong from game 1 next season or move him.
3) Sheary should be packaged and sent out to play on a non-slippery surface where he can stay upright.
4) Need a vet goalie as a backup and to push Murray.
5) Letang sucks. Should have never signed him to that contract.
6) Find some muscle that can play a regular shift in top 9.
7) Get rested and healthy.
8) Letang STILL sucks.
Abe Frohman
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby lemieuxReturns on Mon May 07, 2018 10:54 pm

DelPen wrote:
pens_CT wrote:

Am I right?

Crosby and Guentzel had one shot on goal between them. You can pin blame on them tonight for sure.

No. No you can’t. They are the only reason we even won a game this round. Big game Brass is the reason we lost tonight. We had no offense outside of Sid and his line. Zero.
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens_CT on Mon May 07, 2018 10:57 pm

Steve wrote:

I don't think there's a ton to gripe about, the Pens haven't lost a playoff series in three years....

The fan base thinks we have some devine right to win 3, 4 or ? Cups in a row. The loss will hopefully force the organization into make some tough personnel decisions going into next season.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penny lane on Mon May 07, 2018 11:01 pm

307 games from the start of 2015-2016 season, salute and thank you!
If any Coach will learn from losing , it will be Coach Sullivan!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows.

Postby Steve on Mon May 07, 2018 11:01 pm

pens_CT wrote:
Steve wrote:

The fan base thinks we have some devine right to win 3, 4 or ? Cups in a row. The loss will hopefully force the organization into make some tough personnel decisions going into next season.

Yeah I agree, but right now I think the biggest thing they need is some rest and motivation over the summer. Watching someone else hoist the cup should do it.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens_CT on Mon May 07, 2018 11:03 pm

Steve wrote:
pens_CT wrote:
Steve wrote:

Yeah I agree, but right now I think the biggest thing they need is some rest and motivation over the summer. Watching someone else hoist the cup should do it.

No doubt, but they have to get issues corrected on defense.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Crashguy66 on Mon May 07, 2018 11:08 pm

How bout we let them clean out their lockers and take a vacation. It was a great 2+ year run.
Crashguy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Steve on Mon May 07, 2018 11:17 pm

penny lane wrote:307 games from the start of 2015-2016 season, salute and thank you!
If any Coach will learn from losing , it will be Coach Sullivan!

What a run Penny Lane. :thumb:
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Stillerz Bar on Tue May 08, 2018 12:14 am

As bad as everyone is saying Murray was, he gave up 15 goals in 6+ games (3 empty netters) and 4-5 of those were on terrible break down breakaways (Thanks Letang). That's 2.5 per game - not great but not historically bad as some have claimed.

While he was not stellar and definitely gave up some clunkers, the team D was no help and the fact that noone scored but Sid and Jake is what ultimately sunk us.

He was serviceable and nothing more - part of the reason we lost but he had A LOT of help.
Stillerz Bar
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FallenHero96 on Tue May 08, 2018 12:42 am

Ok my turn. I think whoever thought the "3elive" crap was a good idea guaranteed doom this year. Anytime anyone spells a word with a letter you are trying way to hard to be cool and it is actually totally uncool and you look like a foolish 12 year old. Bad juju.

Well, that and we didn't get the timely goals and saves that we needed.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins