2018 Summer Game Plan

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 2018 Summer Game Plan

Postby DelPen on Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:11 am

Oops, posted Steelers crap in the wrong thread last night
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby jreed on Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:25 am

Hatrick wrote:
Steve wrote:For those keeping score, that's 4 headshots by Wilson in the last 20(ish) games for the Caps. 10-12 game suspension incoming.

if you count the hit in the finals it would actually be 5, 1 vs blue jackets, 2 vs pens, 1 vs vegas, and this one vs blues. would not shock me if it was only like an 8 game suspension(considering they were dumb enough to not suspend him on 3 of the prior four hits) although it should be significantly longer than that.

They really need to deal with him in a big way. It seems like these illegal checks are coming more often from TW than the were before. I agree it will likely be something like 8-12, but they need to send a message and suspend him for even longer. It's not going to be long before he destroys someones career. One positive is that he likely wont be on the ice for the banner ceremony at their home opener.
jreed
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Hatrick on Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:54 pm

jreed wrote:
Hatrick wrote:
Steve wrote:For those keeping score, that's 4 headshots by Wilson in the last 20(ish) games for the Caps. 10-12 game suspension incoming.

if you count the hit in the finals it would actually be 5, 1 vs blue jackets, 2 vs pens, 1 vs vegas, and this one vs blues. would not shock me if it was only like an 8 game suspension(considering they were dumb enough to not suspend him on 3 of the prior four hits) although it should be significantly longer than that.

They really need to deal with him in a big way. It seems like these illegal checks are coming more often from TW than the were before. I agree it will likely be something like 8-12, but they need to send a message and suspend him for even longer. It's not going to be long before he destroys someones career. One positive is that he likely wont be on the ice for the banner ceremony at their home opener.

personally I think he should gotten 41, send him a big message. Of course the dopes at DOPS wouldn't do that, considering they didn't even suspend him for three of his hits during the playoffs when two of them should have been suspended for multiple games for.
Hatrick
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby FLPensFan on Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:03 pm

Wilson's hearing is set for Wednesday morning. By CBA Rules, Wilson is currently suspended until that hearing takes place. Also by way of the CBA, an in-person hearing is set when initial review indicates a suspension of 6 or more games is expected.

Is the NHL actually going to get it right this time? Initial indications say yes. My guess is still 10 games, but 20-41 games is really needed to set the proper example with Wilson that he needs to change his ways.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Steve on Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:17 pm

FLPensFan wrote:Wilson's hearing is set for Wednesday morning. By CBA Rules, Wilson is currently suspended until that hearing takes place. Also by way of the CBA, an in-person hearing is set when initial review indicates a suspension of 6 or more games is expected.

Is the NHL actually going to get it right this time? Initial indications say yes. My guess is still 10 games, but 20-41 games is really needed to set the proper example with Wilson that he needs to change his ways.

I agree. I posted "10-12 games incoming" yesterday, but on second thought I think it's going to be more, 15+...
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Antonio on Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:17 pm

FLPensFan wrote:

10 games isn't getting it right since we are SEVERAL hits past where he deserved 10. Frankly we are long past 41 too. To "get it right" at this point, he'd need to get 82 games.
Antonio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Prelude670 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:42 pm

Antonio wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:

10 games isn't getting it right since we are SEVERAL hits past where he deserved 10. Frankly we are long past 41 too. To "get it right" at this point, he'd need to get 82 games.

Agreed, and I think/hope we're past the "left his skates or not" and "head or shoulder" arguments.
This is constant cheap shots with intent to injure. Most of us have seen enough.
Prelude670

Postby stonewizard51 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:30 pm

Antonio wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:

I'm OK with a permanent ban. Never gonna happen tho at least not until the NHL takes the steps to fix this broken azzhole.
stonewizard51
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby LimerickPensFan on Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:41 pm

stonewizard51 wrote:
Antonio wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:

I'm OK with a permanent ban. Never gonna happen tho at least not until the NHL takes the steps to fix this broken azzhole.

If they didn't give a permanent ban to Todd Bertuzzi, they never will.
LimerickPensFan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Tonythepenguin on Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:54 pm

So , after reading just about all of these threads and all of these post s ...

....what does everybody think about the game on thursday
Tonythepenguin

Postby Southern Fan on Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:41 pm

Poor Todd Riordan. Really early in his head coaching career to go all Barry Trotz and defend Tommy Boy.

But what does anyone care, as long as Wilson is playing in April and refs and league let him do his thing.

I guess Keith and Mike have a talking point Wednesday night.
Southern Fan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby KG on Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:57 pm

Tommy Kuhnackl waived by the Isles. Surprised he didn’t make that team. Pretty sure he signed a one way deal for $700k.

Don’t need him obviously. He should go out west.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FLPensFan on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:53 am

KG wrote:Tommy Kuhnackl waived by the Isles. Surprised he didn’t make that team. Pretty sure he signed a one way deal for $700k.

I'm thinking he's more likely to go out East......way east, like back to Germany.

In all seriousness, my thoughts on Kuhnhackl were injuries in 2015 saved his NHL career. I was a bit surprised the Penguins resigned him that summer, and I figured 2015 was his "last shot." Through all the injuries, he got called up with Sheary and Rust and Wilson, and played well. But he has been on a downward trajectory ever since.

Unfortunately, he's a dime a dozen player right now who probably won't stick around in the NHL much longer, or will be a guy is on the waiver wire a lot of the next few years. His own shoulder issues early and his career sapped some of his offensive ability, and, he also figured out that his best chance to make the NHL was as a stronger defensive player.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Puck-Lurker on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:09 am

FLPensFan wrote:
KG wrote:Tommy Kuhnackl waived by the Isles. Surprised he didn’t make that team. Pretty sure he signed a one way deal for $700k.

I'm thinking he's more likely to go out East......way east, like back to Germany.

In all seriousness, my thoughts on Kuhnhackl were injuries in 2015 saved his NHL career. I was a bit surprised the Penguins resigned him that summer, and I figured 2015 was his "last shot." Through all the injuries, he got called up with Sheary and Rust and Wilson, and played well. But he has been on a downward trajectory ever since.

Unfortunately, he's a dime a dozen player right now who probably won't stick around in the NHL much longer, or will be a guy is on the waiver wire a lot of the next few years. His own shoulder issues early and his career sapped some of his offensive ability, and, he also figured out that his best chance to make the NHL was as a stronger defensive player.

If he wanted to keep on in the NHL, he could maybe fit in at Minnesota as 4/5 LW. They don't have much depth at LW and Kühnhackl is defensively pretty solid.

He'd have an easy time of it in the DEL, but that's a given for any former NHL player. I'm not so sure he'd care to go back home quite so soon.
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby sjnhiils on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:56 pm

Detroit supposedly wanted Kuhnhackl instead of Wilson in the Sheahan deal. Should have obliged them!
sjnhiils
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby longtimefan on Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:45 pm

Puck-Lurker wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:

If he wanted to keep on in the NHL, he could maybe fit in at Minnesota as 4/5 LW. They don't have much depth at LW and Kühnhackl is defensively pretty solid.

He'd have an easy time of it in the DEL, but that's a given for any former NHL player. I'm not so sure he'd care to go back home quite so soon.

The shame of it for him is that he turned down a 2 year contract from the Pens to see what was out there.
longtimefan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Puck-Lurker on Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:13 pm

longtimefan wrote:
Puck-Lurker wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:

The shame of it for him is that he turned down a 2 year contract from the Pens to see what was out there.

Where would he fit in at LW?

We've got Guentzel, Hagelin, Sheahan/Cullen and ZAR and Simon for LW. I think Kühnhackl is only slightly worse than Simon and Simon is at the bottom of my current LW depth chart.

No question on my mind, Kühnhackl doesn't make the team.
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby longtimefan on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:23 pm

Puck-Lurker wrote:
longtimefan wrote:
Puck-Lurker wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:

Where would he fit in at LW?

We've got Guentzel, Hagelin, Sheahan/Cullen and ZAR and Simon for LW. I think Kühnhackl is only slightly worse than Simon and Simon is at the bottom of my current LW depth chart.

No question on my mind, Kühnhackl doesn't make the team.

You may be right, but the off-season could have played out differently. It's simply a fact that he was offered a 2 year, one way deal. He may not make the NHL, but he'd have an extra year on his contract with a team very familiar with his game.
longtimefan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby KG on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:06 pm

Kuhnackl cleared waivers and is staying up with the Isles. Same for Weise and the Flyers. Cleared but staying up.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FLPensFan on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:55 am

NPR really, but according to Sportsnet, Tom Wilson hearing was at 10:15am and is now over.

Now we wait.....
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby LimerickPensFan on Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:26 pm

FLPensFan wrote:NPR really, but according to Sportsnet, Tom Wilson hearing was at 10:15am and is now over.

Now we wait.....

We're playing the Caps tomorrow, so easy to spin taht it is Pens related. Besides, since all Pens fans can't stand the guy...
LimerickPensFan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Jim on Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:46 pm

Summer is over, shouldn't thins thread be closed?
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby flame on Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:52 pm

20 games for ol tommy boy
flame
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pruezy11881 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:07 pm

flame wrote:20 games for ol tommy boy

:thumb: More games than I thought they'd give him. Still probably won't learn his lesson though.
Pruezy11881
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby penny lane on Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:45 pm

Pruezy11881 wrote:
flame wrote:20 games for ol tommy boy

:thumb: More games than I thought they'd give him. Still probably won't learn his lesson though.

Well, maybe the NHL has changed. Shocked! :shock:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins