Tom Poti

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Tom Poti

Postby 44bash on Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:56 am

Eklund....

I know I know.

said that he has heard that Poti turned down a "very lucrative multi-year contract with the Penguins this past summer in favor of signing witht the Islanders."

I don't think I mind that he decided against playing for the Pens.

Thoughts?
44bash
 

Postby Hawkeynut on Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:57 am

Anyone retarded enough to sign with the Islanders does not need to play here.

You only go to the Islanders if you love the Whang.
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,082
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:52 am
Location: Somewhere between point A and point B

Postby 44bash on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:00 pm

LMAO!!
44bash
 

Re: Tom Poti

Postby Pitts on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:15 pm

44bash wrote:Poti turned down a "very lucrative multi-year contract with the Penguins this past summer in favor of signing witht the Islanders."

Thank God.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,755
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Postby Corvidae on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:16 pm

He's certainly doing better so far this year than last. But it's hard to imagine Shero going after another offensive-defenseman with Whintney and Gonchar...
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,111
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:47 am

Re: Tom Poti

Postby netwolf on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:18 pm

Pitts wrote:
44bash wrote:Poti turned down a "very lucrative multi-year contract with the Penguins this past summer in favor of signing witht the Islanders."

Thank God.

I'll second that...
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,797
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby Henry Hank on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:33 pm

I don't believe Shero would have offered Poti a "very lucrative multi-year contract." That makes no sense considering Shero's plan and what he actually did in reality.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,624
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:31 pm

Postby magnum on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:33 pm

Anyone retarded enough to sign with the Islanders does not need to play here.

You only go to the Islanders if you love the Whang.


HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Too True
magnum
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,082
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Tom Poti

Postby Pitts on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:33 pm

netwolf wrote:
Pitts wrote:
44bash wrote:Poti turned down a "very lucrative multi-year contract with the Penguins this past summer in favor of signing witht the Islanders."

Thank God.

I'll second that...

The way people complain about Gonchar, Whitney, Scuderi, Melichar and Orpik around here, they'd have a field day with Poti.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,755
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Postby Nailer Cim on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:38 pm

thats the most ludacris rumor ever conjured by eklund
Nailer Cim
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:36 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Tom Poti

Postby netwolf on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:38 pm

Pitts wrote:The way people complain about Gonchar, Whitney, Scuderi, Melichar and Orpik around here, they'd have a field day with Poti.


I once suggested Whitney could end up becoming Poti. People didn't like that too much. :wink:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,797
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby Stoosh on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:39 pm

We did not...shoplift...the Poti.










(for all you Jerry Maguire fans out there).







OK, that was bad. I'll stop.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,495
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:19 am
Location: Aliquippa, PA

Postby conforto45 on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:53 pm

maybe he turned it down because during last years game against the Rangers, you could hear someone scream ( over national television ) " F-ck you Poti, you F-ggot" and didnt want to hear more of the same here?
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,354
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:37 am
Location: hopewell,pa

Postby Bowser on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:54 pm

Netwolf - Ryan Whitney is Tom Poti until he gets better positionally and physically in his own zone. I just don't see the improvement I would expect from a top 10 pick after he's been given kid gloves by the fans and media.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,970
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:08 am

Postby Jim on Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:20 pm

Corvidae wrote:He's certainly doing better so far this year than last. But it's hard to imagine Shero going after another offensive-defenseman with Whintney and Gonchar...


Plus it would go against the kind of player Shero was looking for. I think this is a shining examply of Eklud's BS.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,363
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Postby Peter on Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:20 pm

What is "the whang?"
Peter
 

Postby Pitts on Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:21 pm

Peter wrote:What is "the whang?"

Whanger, the Whang Man, Whang-chung... the strange owner of the Islanders.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,755
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Postby demondg1 on Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:23 pm

Peter wrote:What is "the whang?"



The Wang.
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,608
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: Parts Unknown

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:59 pm

Bowser wrote:Netwolf - Ryan Whitney is Tom Poti until he gets better positionally and physically in his own zone. I just don't see the improvement I would expect from a top 10 pick after he's been given kid gloves by the fans and media.


I missed your dead-on analysis. Where have you been?
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,598
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Postby the wicked child on Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:11 pm

conforto45 wrote:maybe he turned it down because during last years game against the Rangers, you could hear someone scream ( over national television ) " F-ck you Poti, you F-ggot" and didnt want to hear more of the same here?


I thought it was "FU Poti, you F-ing Nerd!"
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,412
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Postby netwolf on Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:12 pm

The Snapshot wrote:
Bowser wrote:Netwolf - Ryan Whitney is Tom Poti until he gets better positionally and physically in his own zone. I just don't see the improvement I would expect from a top 10 pick after he's been given kid gloves by the fans and media.


I missed your dead-on analysis. Where have you been?


Come on Snapper! I was the one that originally brought up that comparison and I remember how highly you thought of it the last time around. I demand equal credit. :lol:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,797
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby Bowser on Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:18 pm

Snapshot - changing diapers, singing Little Einsteins to my 6-month old son, and feeding Perry. Of course, we've managed to watch all the games in between crying and sleeping.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,970
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:08 am

Postby NIN on Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:40 pm

We got Gonchar and Whitney.
NIN
 


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


e-mail