Penguins post-season injuries

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Penguins post-season injuries

Postby pekkasteele on Tue May 15, 2018 8:53 am

Jim wrote:
djlm wrote:
pekkasteele wrote:
djlm wrote:
Steve Dave wrote:Weren’t there rumors last summer of Kessel being on the market?

A few fans on this board wanted to trade our best winger for a 4th line center if I remember correctly.

Then you don't remember correctly what people wanted, but you remembered how Jim tried to make it seem.

I was wrong, it was a 3rd C, not 4th C, so yeah I didn't remember correctly I guess

Here's my original post on the matter last offseason:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67447&p=3127810&hilit=winger#p3127810

"Yep. Trading your best winger for a 3rd C is a no-no imho."

You even chimed in with /s: "No, not a "solid" 3c, but a team with 3 star Cs .... they would even stop world hunger."

Yeah, people mock me for being a meanie, yet in reality they simply forget the absolutely moronic things that they post. A year later they think, "no, no one could have said something so stupid!" only to have it pointed out that it was them that supported it or even said it. Too many people post without thinking. They either hear something on the radio and quickly regurgitate it here as their own "great" opinion, or read something that a writer said just to get clicks and latch onto it as if it was their idea. Then when it is brought up later they are just sitting there licking the bus window because they forgot all about it since they never put any thought into it in the first place.

30 seconds of thought before you start typing. Rocket science

Yes I wanted to trade Kessel last summer, and with some hindsight maybe that would have been good, but who knows. The fact is Sid and Geno had a tough time in the beginning when we did not have any other good Cs, with a better center from the start, better than Sheahan and Brassard, maybe Sid and Geno would have been better this Playoffs, or at least Geno. And we all know how Kessel preformed. Yes one can argue that without Kessel we might not even have reached the playoffs, again, who knows, but the center we would have acquired might have helped us more.

Now we have Brass and Sheahan and some are still talking about getting a better C in Tavares so ...

But it all depends on who we would have gotten, and how he would have fit in with the team.

But if he would have been traded, maybe we did not trade Cole, that would have helped in the playoffs this year to. And Kessel had 1 goal, if that center would have been good, maybe he had 4, 5, 6 goals, and if they where at the right time, we might have won agains the Caps ...

I'm not saying I was right, or Jim was right, just that, it was not that crazy to think about trading him, when we saw how the season unfolded.
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Daniel on Tue May 15, 2018 1:19 pm

pekkasteele wrote:
Jim wrote:Yeah, people mock me for being a meanie, yet in reality they simply forget the absolutely moronic things that they post. A year later they think, "no, no one could have said something so stupid!" only to have it pointed out that it was them that supported it or even said it. Too many people post without thinking. They either hear something on the radio and quickly regurgitate it here as their own "great" opinion, or read something that a writer said just to get clicks and latch onto it as if it was their idea. Then when it is brought up later they are just sitting there licking the bus window because they forgot all about it since they never put any thought into it in the first place.

Yes I wanted to trade Kessel last summer, and with some hindsight maybe that would have been good, but who knows. The fact is Sid and Geno had a tough time in the beginning when we did not have any other good Cs, with a better center from the start, better than Sheahan and Brassard, maybe Sid and Geno would have been better this Playoffs, or at least Geno. And we all know how Kessel preformed. Yes one can argue that without Kessel we might not even have reached the playoffs, again, who knows, but the center we would have acquired might have helped us more.

Now we have Brass and Sheahan and some are still talking about getting a better C in Tavares so ...

But it all depends on who we would have gotten, and how he would have fit in with the team.

But if he would have been traded, maybe we did not trade Cole, that would have helped in the playoffs this year to. And Kessel had 1 goal, if that center would have been good, maybe he had 4, 5, 6 goals, and if they where at the right time, we might have won agains the Caps ...

I'm not saying I was right, or Jim was right, just that, it was not that crazy to think about trading him, when we saw how the season unfolded.

Funny how these rules are so simple, but some people just ignore them:

- Personal attacks on posters of this board are not acceptable. If you disagree with someone, please argue the point without resorting to name-calling or any other derogatory methods.
- Attacking or instigating a poster as a response to a rule violation will also be considered a rule violation. See "Report This Post" below.
- Do not play "board police". This includes questioning the necessity or the existence of a thread, telling other posters not to post, or any other action that would typically be performed by a board moderator. Only the Admin and the 4 moderators are permitted to enforce the rules.
Daniel
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jim on Tue May 15, 2018 1:52 pm

I need a safe space.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pekkasteele on Tue May 15, 2018 1:54 pm

Daniel wrote:
pekkasteele wrote:
Jim wrote:Yeah, people mock me for being a meanie, yet in reality they simply forget the absolutely moronic things that they post. A year later they think, "no, no one could have said something so stupid!" only to have it pointed out that it was them that supported it or even said it. Too many people post without thinking. They either hear something on the radio and quickly regurgitate it here as their own "great" opinion, or read something that a writer said just to get clicks and latch onto it as if it was their idea. Then when it is brought up later they are just sitting there licking the bus window because they forgot all about it since they never put any thought into it in the first place.

- Personal attacks on posters of this board are not acceptable. If you disagree with someone, please argue the point without resorting to name-calling or any other derogatory methods.
- Attacking or instigating a poster as a response to a rule violation will also be considered a rule violation. See "Report This Post" below.
- Do not play "board police". This includes questioning the necessity or the existence of a thread, telling other posters not to post, or any other action that would typically be performed by a board moderator. Only the Admin and the 4 moderators are permitted to enforce the rules.

sorry, was there something wrong with my post?
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jim on Tue May 15, 2018 2:28 pm

I need a gender neutral safe space.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Daniel on Tue May 15, 2018 3:12 pm

pekkasteele wrote:
Daniel wrote:
pekkasteele wrote:

Not at all, the person who continually agitates then hides behind "you're so sensive" if you call him out. An idiot who has little to offer the board but to act like the balcony guys on the muppets.

Daniel
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jim on Tue May 15, 2018 3:20 pm

Daniel wrote:Not at all, the person who continually agitates then hides behind "you're so sensive" if you call him out. An idiot who has little to offer the board but to act like the balcony guys on the muppets.

Daniel wrote:Funny how these rules are so simple, but some people just ignore them:

Are you talking about me? I thought that you were talking about me at first but I do not hind behind "you're so sensitive" if called out, so now I am confused...
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pekkasteele on Wed May 16, 2018 1:58 am

Daniel wrote:
pekkasteele wrote:
Daniel wrote:
pekkasteele wrote:

Not at all, the person who continually agitates then hides behind "you're so sensive" if you call him out. An idiot who has little to offer the board but to act like the balcony guys on the muppets.

Thanks, yes, there is "some" posters that revert to that when, lind of passive agressive wordings, try to stay away from them since you generally can't "win" since the are the master of all things hockey :) But it is not always easy!
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jim on Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 am

Do you mean like when someone posts 3 points out of the rules, in essence directly breaking the 3rd point? Then in their next post calls a poster an idiot and compares the poster to muppets... thereby breaking the 1st and 2nd rule point that they pasted? So in 2 posts breaking all 3 rule points that they originally brought up as a slam on someone else, while saying that the "rules are so simple"?

Is that what we are talking about here? Gross and blatant hypocrisy? ...or is it something else? Frankly that even fits the original question that started this digression... people posting statements and then later acting like nothing of that nature was even even hinted at.

A wise man recently said...
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins