Ryan Reaves cites line matchups and trust issues w/Penguins

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Ryan Reaves cites line matchups and trust issues w/Pengu

Postby Fast B on Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:24 pm

wondermoose wrote:People get very passionate about Reaves, but I always thought it was a worthwhile experiment. He had the potential to be a quasi-regular skater and it just didn't work. That's okay - Pens didn't give up anything important for it.

:thumb:
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Penspal on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:25 am

I hope the Pens get another tough customer for the regular season. Doesn't need to play every night and can be a 4th liner. Would be good if he can kill penalties, but someone to retaliate the old fashioned way. Oleksiak can do the day to day work, but someone to help him out a little. And before we get into the "does it deter" debate... I don't care, I just want a guy who can thump the idiot on the other team, make the guys feel protected and bring some energy to the crowd and the guys.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby FLPensFan on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:07 am

Penspal wrote:I hope the Pens get another tough customer for the regular season. Doesn't need to play every night and can be a 4th liner. Would be good if he can kill penalties, but someone to retaliate the old fashioned way. Oleksiak can do the day to day work, but someone to help him out a little. And before we get into the "does it deter" debate... I don't care, I just want a guy who can thump the idiot on the other team, make the guys feel protected and bring some energy to the crowd and the guys.

There really aren't many good options. The top 3 guys who picked up fighting majors this season.....Michael Haley (22), Cody McCleod (13), Tom Wilson (13). Those are the only 3 guys that hit double digits in fighting majors. Oleksiak had 7, and that is tied for 5th. Reaves only had 6 fights.

I would still try and see what it would take to acquire Alex Petrovic's rights from Florida. He's been rumored to be on the move the past two years. He's 6'4", RD, who plays a physical game, and will drop the gloves. He won't give you much offensively, but he's pretty good on the PK, and not slow. Maybe slightly above average skater.

He also does not like Tom Wilson:

FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Jim on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:34 pm

Reaves had ZERO fights while with Vegas.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins