a little help please

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

a little help please

Postby icecats30 on Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:12 pm

hi everyone, I'm sorta new to LGP and i would like to know how you take a quote from someone and have it apear in your box with the gray box.. i tried just clicking quote from the person's topic but it apears really weird in my box..
if someone could give me some insight on this i would appriciate it,

thanks
icecats30
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: a little help please

Postby conforto45 on Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:13 pm

icecats30 wrote:hi everyone, I'm sorta new to LGP and i would like to know how you take a quote from someone and have it apear in your box with the gray box.. i tried just clicking quote from the person's topic but it apears really weird in my box..
if someone could give me some insight on this i would appriciate it,

thanks

like this?

i dont know
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby icecats30 on Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:13 pm

exactly like that. now how did you do it lol
icecats30
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:15 pm

At the top of each post and to the right is a quote button. You can click on that to quote the entire post.

Otherwise, you can click on the quote button when you are typing a post, enter the text, then hit quote again to close it off.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby icecats30 on Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:17 pm

netwolf wrote:At the top of each post and to the right is a quote button. You can click on that to quote the entire post.

Otherwise, you can click on the quote button when you are typing a post, enter the text, then hit quote again to close it off.

thanks, i think i got it
icecats30
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitts on Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:18 pm

icecats30 wrote:i tried just clicking quote from the person's topic but it apears really weird in my box..

It's supposed to look like that. Enter your response under all that jibber-jabber, then click the Preview button. If it looks cool to you, then click the submit button. Once you get some experience, you can then edit and break down the quote into multiple lines. It's a very simple form of html editing.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Learning

Postby Ironhorse on Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:57 pm

I never knew how to do that either so now we both know the process!

netwolf wrote:At the top of each post and to the right is a quote button. You can click on that to quote the entire post.

Ironhorse
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby roland on Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:16 pm

Pitts wrote:
icecats30 wrote:i tried just clicking quote from the person's topic but it apears really weird in my box..

It's supposed to look like that. Enter your response under all that jibber-jabber, then click the Preview button. If it looks cool to you, then click the submit button. Once you get some experience, you can then edit and break down the quote into multiple lines. It's a very simple form of html editing.

I DON'T STAND FOR NO JIBBER JABBER!!
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shawnlesky on Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:21 pm

roland wrote:
Pitts wrote:

I DON'T STAND FOR NO JIBBER JABBER!!

I pity the fool that doesn't know how to quote!
shawnlesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins