Game 2 vs Habs - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Game 2 vs Habs - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby penny lane on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:04 am

DelPen wrote:Interesting story that Fleury won’t start Thursday. I think the team needs to rally around around Flower to chase whoever is starting.

I was wondering about this also, until I heard the knights are playing Ovechkin and the Caps on Wednesday.
Flower v Ovechkin for rivals game. 8-)
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Great58 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:35 am

penny lane wrote:
DelPen wrote:Interesting story that Fleury won’t start Thursday. I think the team needs to rally around around Flower to chase whoever is starting.

I was wondering about this also, until I heard the knights are playing Ovechkin and the Caps on Wednesday.
Flower v Ovechkin for rivals game. 8-)

It's not Rivalry Night anymore! :scared:
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Penspal on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:36 am

murphydump55 wrote:
Penspal wrote:Pens lose 5-1

- Pens were terrible, almost to a man last night. Even the Captain put his head down and lazily skated to the bench on a few occasions last night :oops:
- Murray was not good, he's got to make a save on a couple of those. Curious coaching decision to leave him in nets to finish the last two games
- Pens "D" were soff. There forwards were soff'er (its a new thing after last night)..... It was fugly from top to bottom, Habs were un-hittable apparently.
- While the Pens were not doing much right, the Habs deserved to be recognized as having some serious wheels and Price did what he does.... make tough stops look easy
- If a couple of the goalposts behind Price were more forgiving, the Pens way could have made this a far more interesting game
- Fourth line showed some signs of life last night, couple of twitches, breath on mirror sorta stuff mind you, well Sheahan did score
- Riikola & Grant will see the ice next game... HCMS & staff will send some messages, let's hope they listen.
- Four days is a long time to stew on a stinker like that.... HCMS & GMJR will hum & haw... Dad will say his things... Geno will go beast mode next game

If inserting Grant for Sprong is him sending a message, then I’ll lose a ton of respect for Sullivan. Getting Riikola in would be nice but I don’t think they have the nuts to scratch any of the 6.

Riikola got to practice with the Big Rig (HCMS warned not to read into that). Would love to see him in there next game.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Crashguy66 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:45 am

Murray out with a concussion.
Crashguy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Inkio on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:58 am

Crashguy66 wrote:Murray out with a concussion.

Brittle Beau passed on his luck to Murray when he left...
Inkio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins