Matt Murray~ concussion

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Matt Murray~ concussion

Postby Penspal on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:40 pm

This past Saturday night, CBC's Hockey Night in Canada had a little piece on Murray. Showed him late summer, at his cottage on the Muskokas (posh lake area north of Toronto). It showed his dogs, spoke to a confident and more mature and comfortable Murray. Can't find it online anywhere... Healing vibes to MM
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,437
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:12 am
Location: UPMC - Universal Pens Mojo Council

Re: Matt Murray~ concussion

Postby Steve Dave on Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:09 am

penny lane wrote:
Steve Dave wrote:I heard someone mention his girlfriend broke up with him.


You know if a woman used the excuse of a man for failing on the job; the ridicule wouldn't end.

Maybe the other Subban auditions tomorrow for starting goal, in PGH.

Not saying it’s a viable excuse but I think they were high school sweethearts and if true, could be hard for him to deal with after what happened last year with his father.
Steve Dave
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,715
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Re: Matt Murray~ concussion

Postby Luckybreak on Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:18 am

Steve Dave wrote:
penny lane wrote:
Steve Dave wrote:I heard someone mention his girlfriend broke up with him.


You know if a woman used the excuse of a man for failing on the job; the ridicule wouldn't end.

Maybe the other Subban auditions tomorrow for starting goal, in PGH.

Not saying it’s a viable excuse but I think they were high school sweethearts and if true, could be hard for him to deal with after what happened last year with his father.


I think everyone remembers their 'first love'. Almost never the right person for you but you really believe they were until you learn otherwise with experience and age!
Luckybreak
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,286
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Farnham UK

Re: Matt Murray~ concussion

Postby penny lane on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:02 am

Weirdo stuff, Matt Murray on the ice at PPG. Minus the team, but they can't let him play tonight after saying he had a concussion. Can they?
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,099
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: The boys are back!

Re: Matt Murray~ concussion

Postby Admin on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:43 am

RT @PensInsideScoop Murray is staying out for the #Pens optional skate and is taking shots from his teammates. Schultz, Dumoulin, Brass… https://t.co/5G926sV6nF - 5 minutes ago
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11,634
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Re: Matt Murray~ concussion

Postby Admin on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:29 am

Coach Sullivan on Murray: “Matt will not be available for tonight. He’s still progressing and his status is day-to-day."
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11,634
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Re: Matt Murray~ concussion

Postby LimerickPensFan on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:56 pm

They called Jarry up on an emergency basis and sent Grant down.
LimerickPensFan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 11:04 am
Location: Unfortunately, Philadelphia suburbs

Re: Matt Murray~ concussion

Postby Puck-Lurker on Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Josh Yohe (twitter)@JoshYohe_PGH wrote:DeSmith to start. Murray will be the backup.


It appears MM is returning shortly. Sensible enough to give him a bit more time. At the same time, DeSmith while not stellar, is a serviceable backup. Tends to have little streaks of good performances, you might ride #1 for a while and task Murray to earn his net back. While I'm convinced Murray is better in terms of both potential and past work, I don't think he's currently *that* much better than our other netminders.

In the same vibe that letting Riikola get some NHL ice over the rest of the D corps isn't a bad idea.
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,730
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:49 am
Location: Is apparently an annoying poster.

Re: Matt Murray~ concussion

Postby LimerickPensFan on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:25 pm

Puck-Lurker wrote:
Josh Yohe (twitter)@JoshYohe_PGH wrote:DeSmith to start. Murray will be the backup.


It appears MM is returning shortly. Sensible enough to give him a bit more time. At the same time, DeSmith while not stellar, is a serviceable backup. Tends to have little streaks of good performances, you might ride #1 for a while and task Murray to earn his net back. While I'm convinced Murray is better in terms of both potential and past work, I don't think he's currently *that* much better than our other netminders.

In the same vibe that letting Riikola get some NHL ice over the rest of the D corps isn't a bad idea.

So far this season, I think DeSmith has been much better than Murray. Small sample size, I'll give you, but I though DeSmith looked great in the Vegas game. I have yet to think that Murray has had a game that I would even categorize as "good".
LimerickPensFan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 11:04 am
Location: Unfortunately, Philadelphia suburbs

Re: Matt Murray~ concussion

Postby FLPensFan on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:37 pm

Some possible good news on Murray....I'll have to took where I saw it, might have been TIOPS, but, I did see something in the past day or two stating the Penguins may have jumped the gun a bit in terms of calling Murray's injury a concussion. Said that even Murray was surprised when that announcement was made. Don't know the truth to it (finding the source again would help), but seeing that Murray came back pretty quickly, I would say that would be some good news regarding his injury.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,618
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Matt Murray~ concussion

Postby IntangibleBeer on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:23 pm

FLPensFan wrote:Some possible good news on Murray....I'll have to took where I saw it, might have been TIOPS, but, I did see something in the past day or two stating the Penguins may have jumped the gun a bit in terms of calling Murray's injury a concussion. Said that even Murray was surprised when that announcement was made. Don't know the truth to it (finding the source again would help), but seeing that Murray came back pretty quickly, I would say that would be some good news regarding his injury.


Like I said, this is no time to push the :scared: button. Sheesh!!! :face:
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,392
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 10:17 am
Location: Cranberry Township, PA

Re: Matt Murray~ concussion

Postby Hatrick on Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:59 pm

desmith looked pretty good for the most part(at least until the shootout but that's not much of an issue), so no need to rush murray(especially cause he wasn't playing well anyway)
Hatrick
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:48 pm

Re: Matt Murray~ concussion

Postby Puck-Lurker on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:49 pm

Hatrick wrote:desmith looked pretty good for the most part(at least until the shootout but that's not much of an issue), so no need to rush murray(especially cause he wasn't playing well anyway)

While DeSmith's hot, you ride him, IMO.
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,730
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:49 am
Location: Is apparently an annoying poster.

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


e-mail