Official GDT: Pens vs Leafs 11/3/18

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Leafs 11/3/18

Postby BurghThing on Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:48 pm

THEREALpittsburghpenguins wrote:We look so slow

And weak
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FLPensFan on Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:52 pm

I won't wait until the morning after thread:

- The bottom two lines continue to be horrible. More notably, Cullen sucks in just about every facet of the game. The eye test, his advanced stats, his stat stats, his faceoff numbers.....he shouldn't be playing every night. He looks 42 years old. Sheahan hasn't been great either. His numbers aren't great, points and possession numbers, but, at least when I'm watching the games, Sheahan is trying and getting chances....he's just not converting. Grant, I dunno. Nothing good or bad. He's just there.
- Continuing with this theme, when your bottom two lines suck every single game, your in trouble in a game like tonight when Sid and Geno's lines are shutdown or just don't have it.
- I'm not sure what Rutherford is waiting for, but, he has cap space with Schultz on LTIR. Blueger and ZAR should be getting a callup and getting in the lineup for guys like Cullen, Grant, or even Bryan Rust.
- The goal was completely legal, but nice to see that not one Penguin on the ice gave a **** that Murray got bowled over on the Marleau goal. Get in his face, knock into Andersen a few times, do something besides have your thumb up your ass. Emotionless team right now.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby BurghThing on Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:53 pm

Crosby with yet another turnover, 5-0
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FLPensFan on Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:54 pm

Look at this, another game where Murray gives up 5 or more goals. :roll:

Should be a closed door meeting, some WBS callups, and some tough scratches for the next game.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby BurghThing on Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:55 pm

FLPensFan wrote:I won't wait until the morning after thread:

- The bottom two lines continue to be horrible. More notably, Cullen sucks in just about every facet of the game. The eye test, his advanced stats, his stat stats, his faceoff numbers.....he shouldn't be playing every night. He looks 42 years old. Sheahan hasn't been great either. His numbers aren't great, points and possession numbers, but, at least when I'm watching the games, Sheahan is trying and getting chances....he's just not converting. Grant, I dunno. Nothing good or bad. He's just there.
- Continuing with this theme, when your bottom two lines suck every single game, your in trouble in a game like tonight when Sid and Geno's lines are shutdown or just don't have it.
- I'm not sure what Rutherford is waiting for, but, he has cap space with Schultz on LTIR. Blueger and ZAR should be getting a callup and getting in the lineup for guys like Cullen, Grant, or even Bryan Rust.
- The goal was completely legal, but nice to see that not one Penguin on the ice gave a **** that Murray got bowled over on the Marleau goal. Get in his face, knock into Andersen a few times, do something besides have your thumb up your ass. Emotionless team right now.

Getting tired of saying it but the next time the Penguins stick up for their goaltender will be the first.
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Crashguy66 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:55 pm

Pretty ugly game. Just all around bad right now.
Crashguy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Skatingpen on Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:57 pm

I will say it again, what happened to Murray? This poor play has gone on far more often than not. He needs to make some saves
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby stonewizard51 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:02 pm

Thankfully the pain comes to an end.
stonewizard51
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Malkintent on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:02 pm

BurghThing wrote:
THEREALpittsburghpenguins wrote:We look so slow

And weak

And terrible
Malkintent
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: Please help my dog https://www.gofundme.com/sumdm7d8

Postby stonewizard51 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:04 pm

Skatingpen wrote:I will say it again, what happened to Murray? This poor play has gone on far more often than not. He needs to make some saves

MAF went to Vegas.

My fear is Murray needs a strong contender for the starting position to keep him motivated.
stonewizard51
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Malkintent on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:05 pm

FLPensFan wrote:Look at this, another game where Murray gives up 5 or more goals. :roll:

Should be a closed door meeting, some WBS callups, and some tough scratches for the next game.

We all know the only guy who'll get scratched is Sprong.
Malkintent
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: Please help my dog https://www.gofundme.com/sumdm7d8

Postby pens2005 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:07 pm

Skatingpen wrote:I will say it again, what happened to Murray? This poor play has gone on far more often than not. He needs to make some saves

Not one goal was his fault tonight. How the heck can that be your post after the stench that is steaming off of the players that "played" in front of him?
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Antonio on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:22 pm

What happened to Murray is that he is a substandard goaltender and always has been. Even bad goalies can have a hot run or look good when the team in front is playing extra strong. He has a horrific glove hand, which is why every single shooter in the league shoots there now...because now that he has more than 30 games in the league, the book is out on him. The defense being porous, soft and slow only exposes his lack of skill even more.
Antonio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby sirik71 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:01 pm

Were there any Penguin players in front of him? Every time I looked there were only Leafs players standing around our grease, probably because we were boxing in instead of boxing out. Worst game in a long time, respect for all the people that supported till the end, for them at least one goal would have been nice but honestly we really didn't deserve one.
sirik71

Postby Pens4Life on Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:32 am

We lost 2 games in a row and we came out today looking soo bad, JUST isnt right, its just bad..
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby thehockeyguru on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:32 am

Malkintent wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:Look at this, another game where Murray gives up 5 or more goals. :roll:

We all know the only guy who'll get scratched is Sprong.

Exactly. The #1 PP has been stale of late, the bottom 6 has generated zero offense and the D Corp has been turning the puck over way too much.

Like you said nothing will change except Sprong getting benched.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins