Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins 2017 Stanley Cup Champs Fan Gear and Collectibles

Game 14 vs Caps - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Game 14 vs Caps - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Jim on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:21 pm

Skatingpen wrote:GMJR comes hard.....

https://twitter.com/pensburgh/status/10 ... 04804?s=21

Talk about bad takes. Some of the replies in that thread, I feel sorry for these people's children.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Penguins Knight on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:28 pm

LimerickPensFan wrote:Oshie's dirty game caught up to him? What, with getting the second best player from the other team bounced and then getting the gwg?

Unfortunately, Sullivan cancelled today's practice, so your hope of a lengthy rigorous practice will have to wait until tomorrow.

T. J. Oshie has injured players and received free passes. That is not considered dirty?

Cancelling practice is a bad move for Sullivan. The team cannot get better and be disciplined if they do not practice.
Penguins Knight

Postby Penguins Knight on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:32 pm

Dr Rosenrosen wrote:No hearing for Geno, as if.

I was not expecting a hearing. Life continues.
Penguins Knight

Postby Skatingpen on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:45 pm

Jim wrote:
Skatingpen wrote:GMJR comes hard.....

https://twitter.com/pensburgh/status/10 ... 04804?s=21

Talk about bad takes. Some of the replies in that thread, I feel sorry for these people's children.

Yea I don’t even read comments on that site anymore
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby FLPensFan on Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:21 pm

I will continuously contend that if the Penguins trade Sprong before ever giving him a true shot with Crosby or Malkin, they screwed the pooch. Sprong has been very up and down. His positioning has still been suspect....but, this isn't a surprise. He is who we thought he was. I don't consider a few shifts in training camp scrimmages a fair shake. Nobody was playing well then either. It's like trying Kessel with Crosby in the beginning of the Mike Johnston era, when Crosby is mired in one of his worst slumps, and then saying the two don't work well together.

I have seen improvement from Sprong. The biggest thing so far is that, after his benching in Calgary, he came back with the confidence that I had expected from Sprong. Cullen is god awful, and Sheahan isn't much better. Having him play with those two isn't doing him any favors. At this point, if you have played Bryan Rust up on Sid's line, you can play Sprong there for some shifts, too, because Rust is another guy not cutting it this year.

Cullen, Hagelin, Rust, Sheahan, Brassard, Sprong, Grant all have struggled.

If I were looking for a jumpstart, I would be looking at trying to move Maatta. Yes, he's young, but year after year we keep seeing him struggle in this system with his skating. I'm not even sure what Maatta's value is right now, but if there were an interested party out west, I'd be seeing what could be swung. A bit difficult with Schultz on the shelf, but Rutherford is going to have to get creative here to put this team in a position to succeed this year. Once again, he doesn't have much assets to deal or cap space to work with.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Skatingpen on Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:03 pm

Plus they won’t get squat for him
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Jim on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:08 am

FLPensFan wrote:... before ever giving him a true shot ...

Ugh.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby LimerickPensFan on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:15 am

Penguins Knight wrote:
LimerickPensFan wrote:Oshie's dirty game caught up to him? What, with getting the second best player from the other team bounced and then getting the gwg?

Unfortunately, Sullivan cancelled today's practice, so your hope of a lengthy rigorous practice will have to wait until tomorrow.

T. J. Oshie has injured players and received free passes. That is not considered dirty?

Cancelling practice is a bad move for Sullivan. The team cannot get better and be disciplined if they do not practice.

I wasn't questioning if his play was dirty. I was questioning the fact that his dirty play had finally caught up to him.
LimerickPensFan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Cow_Master66 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:48 pm

Here's something to feel good about from the Caps GAME!

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2522 ... ctims-fund
Cow_Master66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Penguins Knight on Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:13 pm

LimerickPensFan wrote:I wasn't questioning if his play was dirty. I was questioning the fact that his dirty play had finally caught up to him.

I hope Oshie's dirty play has caught up with him. Oshie can either focus on playing hockey, or he can go the route of Tom Wilson with a disciplinary record. He is living with guilt by reputation.
Penguins Knight

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins