Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby Southern Fan on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:36 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Southern Fan wrote:Does Murray know he’s allowed to move to save a puck.


Holy ****. He hasn’t been great but do you even realize how tough that is? My god. That’s literally a perfect shot and the toughest to stop. Sometimes the shooters make a great shot. It’s allowed.

Other teams have stacked PPs too. Tampa would certainly be one of them. Not sure Murray is really at fault for much tonight. And not going to support Errey's "oh the PK is awful now that Hagelin left" narrative. A stacked, full 5-3 led to 2 of the goals.


Yeah. Agreed. They’re full of weapons.



I wish I could agree with you. I really do. It’s not all his fault. Guys in front of him don’t do him any favors.
Southern Fan
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,155
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:51 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby Maestro on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:36 pm

FLPensFan wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:Murray is not playing well and he hasn’t been playing well for a while.

What would you like him to do differently on 5-3 goals against? Great lateral movement by the Bolts. The Gourde shot was a beauty, low along the ice at far post as the goalie is just starting to push off towards the other post. The only semi-questionable goal would be Pointe's 3rd goal, and I just say semi-questionable because it wasn't as tic-tac-toe as the 1st 2 goals.


Stop a shot?
Maestro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,015
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:05 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby murphydump55 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:37 pm

FLPensFan wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:Murray is not playing well and he hasn’t been playing well for a while.

What would you like him to do differently on 5-3 goals against? Great lateral movement by the Bolts. The Gourde shot was a beauty, low along the ice at far post as the goalie is just starting to push off towards the other post. The only semi-questionable goal would be Pointe's 3rd goal, and I just say semi-questionable because it wasn't as tic-tac-toe as the 1st 2 goals.


Aside from John Gibson who is having an unreal season considering, I wonder who has faced the most high danger chances after him? Murray has to be up there.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,507
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby murphydump55 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:38 pm

Maestro wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:Murray is not playing well and he hasn’t been playing well for a while.

What would you like him to do differently on 5-3 goals against? Great lateral movement by the Bolts. The Gourde shot was a beauty, low along the ice at far post as the goalie is just starting to push off towards the other post. The only semi-questionable goal would be Pointe's 3rd goal, and I just say semi-questionable because it wasn't as tic-tac-toe as the 1st 2 goals.


Stop a shot?


Deep.

I’m assuming you’ve never played?
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,507
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby Faubert5 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:38 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:Murray is not playing well and he hasn’t been playing well for a while.

What would you like him to do differently on 5-3 goals against? Great lateral movement by the Bolts. The Gourde shot was a beauty, low along the ice at far post as the goalie is just starting to push off towards the other post. The only semi-questionable goal would be Pointe's 3rd goal, and I just say semi-questionable because it wasn't as tic-tac-toe as the 1st 2 goals.


Aside from John Gibson who is having an unreal season considering, I wonder who has faced the most high danger chances after him? Murray has to be up there.

I read somewhere he's near the top in high danger chances against and near the bottom on save percentage on high danger chances.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,632
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 7:18 pm
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby Southern Fan on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:39 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:Murray is not playing well and he hasn’t been playing well for a while.

What would you like him to do differently on 5-3 goals against? Great lateral movement by the Bolts. The Gourde shot was a beauty, low along the ice at far post as the goalie is just starting to push off towards the other post. The only semi-questionable goal would be Pointe's 3rd goal, and I just say semi-questionable because it wasn't as tic-tac-toe as the 1st 2 goals.


Aside from John Gibson who is having an unreal season considering, I wonder who has faced the most high danger chances after him? Murray has to be up there.



That’s been the Penguin way forever. Don’t think anyone will get a Vezina nomination in our lifetime.
Southern Fan
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,155
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:51 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby murphydump55 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:40 pm

Faubert5 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:Murray is not playing well and he hasn’t been playing well for a while.

What would you like him to do differently on 5-3 goals against? Great lateral movement by the Bolts. The Gourde shot was a beauty, low along the ice at far post as the goalie is just starting to push off towards the other post. The only semi-questionable goal would be Pointe's 3rd goal, and I just say semi-questionable because it wasn't as tic-tac-toe as the 1st 2 goals.


Aside from John Gibson who is having an unreal season considering, I wonder who has faced the most high danger chances after him? Murray has to be up there.

I read somewhere he's near the top in high danger chances against and near the bottom on save percentage on high danger chances.


Makes sense.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,507
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby KG on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:43 pm

The whole team needs to be better. Blaming this on JJ and or Cullen is silly.

Brassard needs to get healthy ASAP or be traded. Sheahan is a 4th line center who shouldn’t be resigned. Rust is too busy spending his millions. Murray has been below average for to long. The pens aren’t the 95 Devils. They need their goalie to be on top of his game every game.

Maatta I would gauge the trade market. He’s slow and overrated and overpaid.

There is some dead weight on this team. Sullivan needs to be better . They all need to be better and commit to team defense.
Last edited by KG on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,932
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby FLPensFan on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:43 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:Murray is not playing well and he hasn’t been playing well for a while.

What would you like him to do differently on 5-3 goals against? Great lateral movement by the Bolts. The Gourde shot was a beauty, low along the ice at far post as the goalie is just starting to push off towards the other post. The only semi-questionable goal would be Pointe's 3rd goal, and I just say semi-questionable because it wasn't as tic-tac-toe as the 1st 2 goals.


Aside from John Gibson who is having an unreal season considering, I wonder who has faced the most high danger chances after him? Murray has to be up there.

Gibson had 124 high danger shots against coming into tonight. Murray had 69. However, in terms of HDSA per game, Gibson is 7.75, Murray is 7.67. However, Murray has given up 17 High Danger Goals. His High Danger SV% is .754. That ranks 60th out of 69 goalies, and only 3 of the 9 goalies worse than him have played more than 5 games.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,601
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby Southern Fan on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:43 pm

Bet there will no penalties called in the third.
Southern Fan
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,155
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:51 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby thehockeyguru on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:44 pm

What a terrible call
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,899
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby BurghThing on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:44 pm

So tackling a man from behind who doesn't have the puck is OK.

The more you learn
BurghThing
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,290
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby Humperdink on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:44 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
Maestro wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:Murray is not playing well and he hasn’t been playing well for a while.

What would you like him to do differently on 5-3 goals against? Great lateral movement by the Bolts. The Gourde shot was a beauty, low along the ice at far post as the goalie is just starting to push off towards the other post. The only semi-questionable goal would be Pointe's 3rd goal, and I just say semi-questionable because it wasn't as tic-tac-toe as the 1st 2 goals.


Stop a shot?


Deep.

I’m assuming you’ve never played?


Classic response! I love that. Can't you see? You're an idiot because you never played the game. Be thankful he didn't correct your (you're????) grammar.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,090
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:10 am
Location: Allegheny National Forest

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby murphydump55 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:47 pm

Humperdink wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Maestro wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:Murray is not playing well and he hasn’t been playing well for a while.

What would you like him to do differently on 5-3 goals against? Great lateral movement by the Bolts. The Gourde shot was a beauty, low along the ice at far post as the goalie is just starting to push off towards the other post. The only semi-questionable goal would be Pointe's 3rd goal, and I just say semi-questionable because it wasn't as tic-tac-toe as the 1st 2 goals.


Stop a shot?


Deep.

I’m assuming you’ve never played?


Classic response! I love that. Can't you see? You're an idiot because you never played the game. Be thankful he didn't correct your (you're????) grammar.


Never said he was an idiot. Just asked a question.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,507
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby FLPensFan on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:47 pm

BurghThing wrote:So tackling a man from behind who doesn't have the puck is OK.

The more you learn

I tend to agree that the call was questionable. Oleksiak is tracking him and engaged the whole time. Joseph suddenly turns in position to face the boards. Not sure what Oleksiak is supposed to do there. Not like he was 6 feet away and still drove into him. He had a hand on him most of the time around the net.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,601
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby Faubert5 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:47 pm

Humperdink wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Maestro wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:Murray is not playing well and he hasn’t been playing well for a while.

What would you like him to do differently on 5-3 goals against? Great lateral movement by the Bolts. The Gourde shot was a beauty, low along the ice at far post as the goalie is just starting to push off towards the other post. The only semi-questionable goal would be Pointe's 3rd goal, and I just say semi-questionable because it wasn't as tic-tac-toe as the 1st 2 goals.


Stop a shot?


Deep.

I’m assuming you’ve never played?


Classic response! I love that. Can't you see? You're an idiot because you never played the game. Be thankful he didn't correct your (you're????) grammar.


Every time someone says that I think two words. Mike Milbury.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,632
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 7:18 pm
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby BurghThing on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:49 pm

FLPensFan wrote:
BurghThing wrote:So tackling a man from behind who doesn't have the puck is OK.

The more you learn

I tend to agree that the call was questionable. Oleksiak is tracking him and engaged the whole time. Joseph suddenly turns in position to face the boards. Not sure what Oleksiak is supposed to do there. Not like he was 6 feet away and still drove into him. He had a hand on him most of the time around the net.


I was actually referring to the Penguin getting tackled at the other end right before that.
BurghThing
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,290
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby Realist on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:52 pm

Looks like Pens are going to blame the refs if they lose tonight. Letang hinted at it...
Realist
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:59 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby murphydump55 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:52 pm

KG wrote:The whole team needs to be better. Blaming this on JJ and or Cullen is silly.

Brassard needs to get healthy ASAP or be traded. Sheahan is a 4th line center who shouldn’t be resigned. Rust is too busy spending his millions. Murray has been below average for to long. The pens aren’t the 95 Devils. They need their goalie to be on top of his game every game.

Maatta I would gauge the trade market. He’s slow and overrated and overpaid.

There is some dead weight on this team. Sullivan needs to be better . They all need to be better and commit to team defense.


Bringing in useless depth players doesn’t help matters. Depth is key to success. Neither can drive offense nor defend well.

Sheahan played well last year. I can’t blame anyone for that singing, this is on Riley.
Cullen stunk last year. It wasn’t hard to see. Eye test, numbers, it all showed. Yet people were clamouring to bring him back at the deadline!
Brassard either needs to get healthy ASAP or traded? Who wants him if he’s injured? Wtf?
You claim Maatta stinks and is overpaid? Which would net a great return then right? And teams would obviously want an overrated, overpaid player?
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,507
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby Southern Fan on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:52 pm

Several of you are goalie experts. Could Matt be nursing a nagging injury that is affecting his lateral movement.

Hate to not have confidence in him. But if you can pass the puck side to side, you seem to always have a hole on him. Of course, you would think the Pens in front of him would adjust to that.
Southern Fan
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,155
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:51 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby KG on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:59 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
KG wrote:The whole team needs to be better. Blaming this on JJ and or Cullen is silly.

Brassard needs to get healthy ASAP or be traded. Sheahan is a 4th line center who shouldn’t be resigned. Rust is too busy spending his millions. Murray has been below average for to long. The pens aren’t the 95 Devils. They need their goalie to be on top of his game every game.

Maatta I would gauge the trade market. He’s slow and overrated and overpaid.

There is some dead weight on this team. Sullivan needs to be better . They all need to be better and commit to team defense.


Bringing in useless depth players doesn’t help matters. Depth is key to success. Neither can drive offense nor defend well.

Sheahan played well last year. I can’t blame anyone for that singing, this is on Riley.
Cullen stunk last year. It wasn’t hard to see. Eye test, numbers, it all showed. Yet people were clamouring to bring him back at the deadline!
Brassard either needs to get healthy ASAP or traded? Who wants him if he’s injured? Wtf?
You claim Maatta stinks and is overpaid? Which would net a great return then right? And teams would obviously want an overrated, overpaid player?



The point is the team relies to much on Geno Sid and Phill. What made this team special was their depth, balanced scoring and speed. When they rely on their stars they are mediocre.

My personal opinion but having $7.5 mill locked up in Rust and Maatta is bad asset management. Rust is a 3rd line player, Maatta is a #4 dman. If they could get good value for them I would look into it.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,932
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby murphydump55 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:59 pm

Southern Fan wrote:Several of you are goalie experts. Could Matt be nursing a nagging injury that is affecting his lateral movement.

Hate to not have confidence in him. But if you can pass the puck side to side, you seem to always have a hole on him. Of course, you would think the Pens in front of him would adjust to that.


There’s no doubt he’s struggling but the Pens pdo’d themselves to that second of back to back Cups and that doesn’t happen without good goaltending. His road was a lot easier to the first Cup but the second the team didn’t defend nearly as well and he survived just fine.

Something isn’t right and when you combine that with struggling players and bad players, it looks even worse.
Last edited by murphydump55 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,507
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby stonewizard51 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:00 pm

Southern Fan wrote:Several of you are goalie experts. Could Matt be nursing a nagging injury that is affecting his lateral movement.

Hate to not have confidence in him. But if you can pass the puck side to side, you seem to always have a hole on him. Of course, you would think the Pens in front of him would adjust to that.


I know Murray wants to play but he shouldn't be any where near the ice if he has an injury which affects any part of his game.

Something is living in his head and he needs to get rid of whatever it is.
stonewizard51
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,038
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby Maestro on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:02 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
Maestro wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:Murray is not playing well and he hasn’t been playing well for a while.

What would you like him to do differently on 5-3 goals against? Great lateral movement by the Bolts. The Gourde shot was a beauty, low along the ice at far post as the goalie is just starting to push off towards the other post. The only semi-questionable goal would be Pointe's 3rd goal, and I just say semi-questionable because it wasn't as tic-tac-toe as the 1st 2 goals.


Stop a shot?


Deep.

I’m assuming you’ve never played?


One thing I don't have to "assume" because I know it to be fact. You're an idiotic jerk.
Maestro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,015
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:05 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bolts 11/15/18

Postby murphydump55 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:05 pm

KG wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
KG wrote:The whole team needs to be better. Blaming this on JJ and or Cullen is silly.

Brassard needs to get healthy ASAP or be traded. Sheahan is a 4th line center who shouldn’t be resigned. Rust is too busy spending his millions. Murray has been below average for to long. The pens aren’t the 95 Devils. They need their goalie to be on top of his game every game.

Maatta I would gauge the trade market. He’s slow and overrated and overpaid.

There is some dead weight on this team. Sullivan needs to be better . They all need to be better and commit to team defense.


Bringing in useless depth players doesn’t help matters. Depth is key to success. Neither can drive offense nor defend well.

Sheahan played well last year. I can’t blame anyone for that singing, this is on Riley.
Cullen stunk last year. It wasn’t hard to see. Eye test, numbers, it all showed. Yet people were clamouring to bring him back at the deadline!
Brassard either needs to get healthy ASAP or traded? Who wants him if he’s injured? Wtf?
You claim Maatta stinks and is overpaid? Which would net a great return then right? And teams would obviously want an overrated, overpaid player?



The point is the team relies to much on Geno Sid and Phill. What made this team special was their depth, balanced scoring and speed. When they rely on their stars they are mediocre.

My personal opinion but having $7.5 mill locked up in Rust and Maatta is bad asset management. Rust is a 3rd line player, Maatta is a #4 dman. If they could get good value for them I would look into it.


Hey I agree but that’s not easy to convince teams of.

Depth is key, and Cullen and JJ are part of that depth. Sheary was just fine to keep with his 5v5 production. Instead they dealt him and opened up more space by moving Hunwick and filled that space with JJ! Then added Cullen!

There was those on here telling us how great of a player Grant was too. I called them out saying he has one good season and did absolutely zero otherwise. Nope they claimed Rutherford made a great move. Well there’s more bad depth.

Cullen, JJ, Grant, these aren’t good adds.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,507
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests


e-mail