Game 17 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Afternoon After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Game 17 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Afternoon After

Postby Penspal on Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:35 pm

Pens lose 4-3

- Malkin goes through spells where he takes bad penalties, he's most definitely in one of funks right now. When your #1 guy puts you in those positions, you are most likely going to lose.
- Even after the Pens gave up a natural hatty in 4:32, they were still very much in this game. Errey said when Pens were up 2-0,"The need the third, the Bolts are quick strike offence." :shock:
- Horny got the "Bye Bye Haggy" message loud and clear. He was playing his game and was rewarded in the paint
- Pearson looked a little outta sorts for sure, but that's to be expected. Especially on the cycle. He looked okay on the wall and had a nose for the net
- Pens are leading the league in avg hits per game. Wow, I don't think they hit enough, BUT maybe they need to hit differently?
- I'm cheering so hard for Wilson to get that elusive first NHL point... but man, Sprong has gotten 4 assists already this year. Pens are protecting their trade asset.
- What about Bluegar? he's got sick wheels, I'd like to see him up here if we've begun the #tank4hughes
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Game 17 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Afternoon After

Postby Penspal on Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:45 pm

- first game post Haggy, the PK gets shellacked. The Hockey Gods enjoy imposing poetic justice in fitting ways.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby RisslingsMissingTeeth on Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:59 pm

These games are getting tough to watch. Not because of a lack of effort, but because of effort not producing wins. This is a funk for sure and I do think we will get a streak of wins but what we saw at the end of last season is really hitting quickly this year. There isn't enough talent on this team and it has zero identity. Back in the years we counted on just the stars to score, we were a mess.
RisslingsMissingTeeth
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Southern Fan on Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:52 pm

For the third time in the last four years, I am looking forward to Thanksgiving when the NHL season starts for the Pens.

Sheahan needs to win that face off with 20 seconds left in the first.

Bolts goalie was awful. Bad we couldn’t take advantage. Thought the Wilson call could have been let go, given the way the goalie stumbled around retrieving pucks. But Garrett Rank, the official that gave Sid a ten minute misconduct for arguing a call, is not our friend.
Southern Fan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby IntangibleBeer on Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:54 am

I saw on the NHL Network that Cullen was fined for something during the game. I didn't see all of it. Anybody know what that was about?
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby djlm on Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:24 am

I have not seen this anywhere so I'll ask: WHY THE HELL did Sully deploy 2F and 1D on a 5-on-3 PK???
djlm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Southern Fan on Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:11 am

djlm wrote:I have not seen this anywhere so I'll ask: WHY THE HELL did Sully deploy 2F and 1D on a 5-on-3 PK???

Probably in case a center gets thrown out of the face off circle and that was highly probable. But we can’t when a key face off anyway, so it is stupid.
Southern Fan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby stonewizard51 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:15 am

IntangibleBeer wrote:I saw on the NHL Network that Cullen was fined for something during the game. I didn't see all of it. Anybody know what that was about?

He was fined $1,000 for a trip to JT Miller. Cullen drew a penalty for it and Player Safety thought it was bad enough for the fine.
stonewizard51
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Faubert5 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:18 am

stonewizard51 wrote:
IntangibleBeer wrote:I saw on the NHL Network that Cullen was fined for something during the game. I didn't see all of it. Anybody know what that was about?

He was fined $1,000 for a trip to JT Miller. Cullen drew a penalty for it and Player Safety thought it was bad enough for the fine.

Pens should have fined him too. It was a really stupid penalty to take.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Postby LimerickPensFan on Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:13 am

Southern Fan wrote:For the third time in the last four years, I am looking forward to Thanksgiving when the NHL season starts for the Pens.

Sheahan needs to win that face off with 20 seconds left in the first.

Bolts goalie was awful. Bad we couldn’t take advantage. Thought the Wilson call could have been let go, given the way the goalie stumbled around retrieving pucks. But Garrett Rank, the official that gave Sid a ten minute misconduct for arguing a call, is not our friend.

I honestly think that is the dumbest penalty in the rule book. Goalies should be told that if they are behind the goal line, they lose goalie interference protection. Behind the goal line, they are just another defenseman. There should be a certain distance away from the net where that holds true as well. That way, we can get rid of that stupid trapezoid.
LimerickPensFan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Cow_Master66 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:23 pm

Never heard anyone refer to Bleuger’s speed as “sick” before.
Cow_Master66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins