Official GDT: Pens @ Sens 11/17/18

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Sens 11/17/18

Postby Humperdink on Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:46 am

Wyopen wrote:
Humperdink wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
tman1737 wrote:The whole team is playing like they're afraid to make a mistake. Tentative, unsure, just bogging everything down. If they lose tbbuge lead, they're screwed.

I think it's 100 percent effort. The effort isn't there, the team isn't interested in winning puck battles.

^^^^ Exactly right. Just go back and watch the third period. The Pens went into full effort mode and made a short-lived comeback attempt. They were all over the Sens. Before the third period, it was a continuation of no effort, no passion.

Was it “full effort mode” or did Ottawa let up being up 5-1? When the Pens made it 5-3, Ottawa kicks it in and scores a killer goal.

You could be right. But it appeared to me we had more spark and more speed. Maybe a combination of both Ottawa letting up and the Pens refusing to be embarrassed.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:41 am

WBS went into the third period against Charlotte up 4-1 and lose 6-5 in OT. The entire organization has problems. We used to have legit prospects down in Wheeling and right now I don’t know who anyone is down there most nights and even WBS looks bare too.

No help is going to come up like it did when Johnston, Olczyk and Therrien were fired. They were each replaced by the WBS coach and had some of their guys come up to to play smart and fast hockey.

We are just catching up to Chicago in what a decade of winning does to a franchise. But the two recent Cups made it worth it. It’s just frustrating to see Sullivan and Rutherford not understand things need to change.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pens_CT on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:32 am

Back in the days when Rust, Sheary, and Murray were in WBS people complained that we had no one in the minors who could come up and contribute. Those guys cam up, and all made contributions to winning two cups. Today in WBS between Blueger, Johnson, Angello, and Lafferty I think you have guys who can contribute someday in the NHL. None of them are going to be top six stars, but the way the Penguins bottom six is playing its probably time to see what some of these kids can do. Can the results be any worse than the current players?
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby murphydump55 on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:02 am

Great58 wrote:
penny lane wrote:Could be the come back aka Detroit 2015

They didn’t get the W, but did they find what it takes to compete? Monday against Buffalo will be a big test.

I’m confused, someone above posted that it’s all effort, they just aren’t trying hard enough.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Postby thehockeyguru on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:07 am

murphydump55 wrote:
Great58 wrote:

They didn’t get the W, but did they find what it takes to compete? Monday against Buffalo will be a big test.

I’m confused, someone above posted that it’s all effort, they just aren’t trying hard enough.

Exactly, the effort isn't there. No need to get excited about them playing inspired hockey for 20 min. I want to see this team for 60.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Humperdink on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:36 am

murphydump55 wrote:
Great58 wrote:

Yep, you're (your????) confused.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins