Official GDT - Penguins @ Kings - 11/1

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby PittPensFan on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:04 am

Recchi got the only good shot of that PP. [/i]
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby scpensfan on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:04 am

How great is this?

It's almost hard to believe the Pens have such talent ... again.
scpensfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby yeltzen on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:05 am

netwolf wrote:
yeltzen wrote:That was, quite possibly, the most useless 1:10 of offensive pressure I've ever seen.

Can't say I disagree. At no point did they ever even look to be interested in shooting. Can't say I'm a big fan of Recchi and Whitney on the points at the same time.

Whitney is great on the rush, but terrible at the point on the PP. Recchi will get blamed for all of that, but Whitney was just piss-poor on that.
yeltzen

Postby André on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:05 am

Still, good 2nd half of the PP. Perhaps Crosby could've taken the shot but it was a great pass to Recchi.

Apparantly LA has a PK streak. Lets end it ;)

Man! Crosby is close to getting another assist here.

Another PP now! Good job drawing the penatly by Malkin.

Btw, did Armstrong get an assist by hitting or did he touch the puck? =)
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby netwolf on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:06 am

The Pens PP units are not dealing very well with the aggressiveness of the Kings PK, especially when trying to gain the offensive zone.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eastonpensfan on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:06 am

netwolf wrote:
eastonpensfan wrote:Have you ever seen anything as unstoppable as Crosby/Malkin on the same line outside of an all-star game?

Ummm... Jagr and Lemieux?

So true, but how amazing is it that we get to witness two pairs this good within 10 years.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby netwolf on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:08 am

Tremendous work by Talbot.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eastonpensfan on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:09 am

netwolf wrote:Tremendous work by Talbot.

It really seems like he wants to stay here for good.

Bourque says "He was a maniac on that shift!"
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby letsgopens66 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:11 am

Does anyone have that link that someone posted where you can watch the game online from the center ice broadcast?
letsgopens66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby relantel on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:11 am

Good road period, good recovery for allowing a goal 25 seconds in
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby André on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:13 am

This look reals good. They have pressure 5 on 5 and the PK is brilliant. PP ok too altough they didn't get many shots on.
Last edited by André on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jesse on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:13 am

I really enjoy Mark Eaton.

Also, Colby Armstrong looks sharp tonight.

Max Talbot and Chris Thorburn are doing well together. Changing momentum with big shifts.

Therriens cycling system is currently working to a T. Penguins have the Kings pretty confused.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby 68forever on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:14 am

letsgopens66 wrote:Does anyone have that link that someone posted where you can watch the game online from the center ice broadcast?

check the thread where it talks about watching on line i believe the tvu link is there also another link is posted in the same place
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DelPen on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:14 am

yeltzen wrote:
netwolf wrote:
yeltzen wrote:That was, quite possibly, the most useless 1:10 of offensive pressure I've ever seen.

Can't say I disagree. At no point did they ever even look to be interested in shooting. Can't say I'm a big fan of Recchi and Whitney on the points at the same time.

Whitney is great on the rush, but terrible at the point on the PP. Recchi will get blamed for all of that, but Whitney was just piss-poor on that.

His break-out passes are some of the nest 've seen on the Pens in a long time but I agree, he just doesn't look like he is confident on the point. At the end of last year he looked good but at that point it didn't matter if he gave up a breakaway. Now it does.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eastonpensfan on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:15 am

This team seems like they can only beat themselves. They are just clicking and the young talent is doing better than anyone should have reasonably expected. Malkin and Staal are the real deal and it will be fun to watch them for the next few years.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby letsgopens66 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:15 am

68forever wrote:
letsgopens66 wrote:Does anyone have that link that someone posted where you can watch the game online from the center ice broadcast?

check the thread where it talks about watching on line i believe the tvu link is there also another link is posted in the same place

LOL, thanks I just saw it.
letsgopens66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DelPen on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:16 am

Jesse wrote:I really enjoy Mark Eaton.

Also, Colby Armstrong looks sharp tonight.

Max Talbot and Chris Thorburn are doing well together. Changing momentum with big shifts.

Therriens cycling system is currently working to a T. Penguins have the Kings pretty confused.

The goal only came because Colby got his stick kicked away by a King to make it 3-2 in the zone. Colby's forechecking has been masterful tonight.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby NIN on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:17 am

Sid and Geno are the best 2 players in the league when they share the ice.
NIN

Postby Fast B on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:17 am

Is it just me, or does Staal look faster tonight?
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jesse on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:18 am

Fast B wrote:Is it just me, or does Staal look faster tonight?

It's just you. :P

Kidding, kidding.

Staal definitely has some hop tonight.

Ekman is skating well too. I'm becoming a bigger fan of his wrister everytime he lets one go. Very deceptive release and a variety of speeds.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby The U on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:19 am

Look for the Kings to get their "makeup" powerplays here in the 2nd period. That seems to be the way NHL hockey works. Our PP needs to slooowwww it down a bit and stop rushing. Take those shots from the point. We're making LA's PK look great out there b/c we're not shooting.Good looking game though thus far. 4th line has been real solid too. We could easily be up 2 or 3 goals right now.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby NIN on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:20 am

Jesse wrote:
Fast B wrote:Is it just me, or does Staal look faster tonight?

It's just you. :P

Kidding, kidding.

Staal definitely has some hop tonight.

Ekman is skating well too. I'm becoming a bigger fan of his wrister everytime he lets one go. Very deceptive release and a variety of speeds.

Therrian likes it too. He has him playing high on the off wing during the PP so he can let it rip.
NIN

Postby FallenHero96 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:20 am

Not a bad period... hope those failed power plays dont come back and bite us... keep up the pressure
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby André on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:24 am

The U wrote:Look for the Kings to get their "makeup" powerplays here in the 2nd period. That seems to be the way NHL hockey works. Our PP needs to slooowwww it down a bit and stop rushing. Take those shots from the point. We're making LA's PK look great out there b/c we're not shooting.Good looking game though thus far. 4th line has been real solid too. We could easily be up 2 or 3 goals right now.

Come on those were ok PP's. Stop rushing? I think they were almost too patient searching for the perfect pass =) At first I was also annoyed by the low amount of shots but Sid's patient usually results in a real good scoring chance.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby NIN on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:28 am

Deas wrote:
The U wrote:Look for the Kings to get their "makeup" powerplays here in the 2nd period. That seems to be the way NHL hockey works. Our PP needs to slooowwww it down a bit and stop rushing. Take those shots from the point. We're making LA's PK look great out there b/c we're not shooting.Good looking game though thus far. 4th line has been real solid too. We could easily be up 2 or 3 goals right now.

Come on those were ok PP's. Stop rushing? I think they were almost too patient searching for the perfect pass =) At first I was also annoyed by the low amount of shots but Sid's patient usually results in a real good scoring chance.

They had alot of trouble getting out of their own end on one of them but great pressure lead to more and more bad penalties. I think they looked great, but more shots and more bodies in front is never ever a bad idea.
NIN

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins