Official GDT - Penguins @ Kings - 11/1

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby FallenHero96 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:05 am

Niiiiiiiiice.... i kind of get the feeling we stole that game. The penguins no way no how would have won this game last year.

Is that 4 or 5 wins in a row?
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:06 am

FallenHero96 wrote:Niiiiiiiiice.... i kind of get the feeling we stole that game. The penguins no way no how would have won this game last year.

Is that 4 or 5 wins in a row?

NIN

Postby Stoosh on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:07 am

Is it too much to ask to have the Pens postgame immediately after the game, especially since half of the intermissions are non-hockey related?

Apparently, in this town, it is.

To add insult to insult, they have just reported that PacMan Jones has been suspended for the year, and that Curtis Martin may hang it up after this year. Martin I can see reporting. PacMac Jones's little mention wasn't even worthy of air time because absolutely no one is surprised.

Ah...here were are seven minutes after the game ends, and we're finally going back to hockey.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MWW on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:07 am

Jesse wrote:that was a very, very entertaining hockey game.

very much worth the late night.

crosby with 3a's, kid might win the scoring title.

And Malkin with two goals !

What a way to start the day !

good Morning everyone ;-)
MWW
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JDJ8766 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:09 am

Awesome Game!!! Crosby tied Jagr for league lead in points tonight.
JDJ8766
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:09 am

NIN wrote:
netwolf wrote:You can't stop Evgeni Malkin. There are doubts as to whether it's even possible to contain him.

You could of scored that one, come on man. He is awesome but burrying the junk is what it is.

Whatever. He's the man whether you care to admit it or not. :P

Why do you even care anyhow? I thought Minnesota was your team since the Pens are as good as gone.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eberhard on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:10 am

Kopitar was just shown how it is going to be this year. He played an impressive game tonight, but c'mon: EM just walked into his house and deposited two, including the OT game-winner.
eberhard
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FallenHero96 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:12 am

I was impressed with Kopitar... hes quick and I think he won a big majority of his faceoffs tonight... but Malkin he is not.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jesse on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:12 am

Kings fan's whining that Malkin dove in OT.

:roll:

Either way, Pens' stole 2 points there. Kings played a good game. In a few years that team will be scary.

Heck, they're scary now when Garon starts...
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Stoosh on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:12 am

gotta LOVE IT but i hate for them to always play catch up all the time i know they can't score first all the time but sometimes it's a bit scary watching and waiting for the first goal to come on the catch up

This team is going to blow some leads because 1) all teams blow leads from time to time, and 2) even moreso when they're a young team. This is a young team. It's really nice to see them show some fortitude and come back, though. There are a lot of players in that locker room playing a more mature game than their age would necessarily indicate.

We picked up our 14th point in our 10th game of the year. We didn't pick up our 14th point last year until our 17th game last year. That was the infamous Montreal game where Sid sent Theodore's water bottle a-flyin'.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:13 am

netwolf wrote:
NIN wrote:
netwolf wrote:You can't stop Evgeni Malkin. There are doubts as to whether it's even possible to contain him.

You could of scored that one, come on man. He is awesome but burrying the junk is what it is.

Whatever. He's the man whether you care to admit it or not. :P

Why do you even care anyhow? I thought Minnesota was your team since the Pens are as good as gone.

Pens are always #1. If they leave, I have a backup team. I am one of the few poeple here who can acknowledge the fact that they are not DEFINATELY staying. I be all, "I can't beleive it.". I'm a survivor. :P
NIN

Postby André on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:14 am

JDJ8766 wrote:Awesome Game!!! Crosby tied Jagr for league lead in points tonight.

Jag was 1+1 tonight and now has 20. Two more than Crosby's 18. But I think it's only a matter of time ;)

This must've been a late night for you guys?

For me this was perfect =) Got out of bed two hours earlier than normal (4:30 am) and am now having breakfast :)
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby jmh470 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:14 am

3 stars - Brown, Staal, Recchi

Maybe Malkin really is a figment of my imagination.
jmh470
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby relantel on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:14 am

Malkin with 2 goals including the game winner and not one of the stars?

D Brown for LA #1
Staal #2
Recchi #3
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FallenHero96 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:15 am

"That was the infamous Montreal game where Sid sent Theodore's water bottle a-flyin'." -----

If I see that goal 1000 more times, it would never be enough. Just something about knocking that water bottle off, you just love it.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby eberhard on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:15 am

NIN wrote:I am one of the few poeple here who can acknowledge the fact that they are not DEFINATELY staying. I be all, "I can't beleive it.". I'm a survivor. :P

NIN, Resident Physicist and Revisionist Historian :P
eberhard
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby juicebox1 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:15 am

I find it a little weird that Malkin or Crosby weren't named stars of the game...

Espn.com has:

Dustin Brown 1g, 1a
Jordan Staal 1g
Mark Recchi 2a

listed as the stars.

Malkin's 2g, one being the GWG wasn't good enough to warrant AT LEAST the #2 star?

idk.
juicebox1
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby eberhard on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:15 am

relantel wrote:Malkin with 2 goals including the game winner and not one of the stars?

D Brown for LA #1
Staal #2
Recchi #3

WHAT?
eberhard
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby André on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:16 am

Stoosh wrote:
gotta LOVE IT but i hate for them to always play catch up all the time i know they can't score first all the time but sometimes it's a bit scary watching and waiting for the first goal to come on the catch up

This team is going to blow some leads because 1) all teams blow leads from time to time, and 2) even moreso when they're a young team. This is a young team. It's really nice to see them show some fortitude and come back, though. There are a lot of players in that locker room playing a more mature game than their age would necessarily indicate.

We picked up our 14th point in our 10th game of the year. We didn't pick up our 14th point last year until our 17th game last year. That was the infamous Montreal game where Sid sent Theodore's water bottle a-flyin'.

They had 14 points after 17 games last year? That's alot better than I thought =)

Jesse: I don't think they stole the game. Pens had the 1st and 3rd period while Kings owned the 2nd.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby FallenHero96 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:16 am

relantel wrote:Malkin with 2 goals including the game winner and not one of the stars?

D Brown for LA #1
Staal #2
Recchi #3

Hmmm sounds like someone is holding a grudge... but that can't be right can it?
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Stevens25 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:17 am

netwolf wrote:Nice job by FSP to be buzzkills by opening with the Steelers. :?

Is it too much to ask to have the Pens postgame immediately after the game, especially since half of the intermissions are non-hockey related?

My thoughts exactly. Jeez. :roll:
Stevens25

Postby Jesse on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:17 am

Sidney Crosby deserves the Capitancy of this team next year.

I loved watching how animated the guys were on the bench during the timeout. Especially the coaches. These guys want to win bad, and it shows.

Also, welcome back to Pittsburgh, Max Talbot. As if you didn't earn it last game, you earned it now. This guy should never play a game in the AHL again.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby relantel on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:18 am

Deas wrote:
Stoosh wrote:

They had 14 points after 17 games last year? That's alot better than I thought =)

Oddly enough that 17th game last year was the SO win over Montreal
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:18 am

eberhard wrote:
NIN wrote:I am one of the few poeple here who can acknowledge the fact that they are not DEFINATELY staying. I be all, "I can't beleive it.". I'm a survivor. :P

NIN, Resident Physicist and Revisionist Historian :P

aka full of ****. :wink:
NIN

Postby Jesse on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:18 am

Deas wrote:
Stoosh wrote:

Jesse: I don't think they stole the game. Pens had the 1st and 3rd period while Kings owned the 2nd.

Agreed, Deas. But by "stole" I was more meaning that they came back in the 3rd in a hostile environment and then pourded it on in OT.

Penguins 4-0 on the road this year.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins