Game 3 pre-game drinks & chat at the Pens Power lay Bar

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Game 3 pre-game drinks & chat at the Pens Power lay Bar

Postby Penspal on Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:52 am

Pull up a chair at the Pens PowerPlay Bar. Order a drink and either pose a hypothetical question (with your own answer) or feel free to throw out some thoughts and see if we can't go down a few rabbit holes.

@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#

I'll have a Gin and Ginger boss, turns to lady in Pens garb and tosses out these opening lines.....

Q: Habs get last change for game 3. HC Julien says Habs contemplating changes..... Will these things make a difference?

A: Yeah likely, seeing how weak the 3rd defensive pairing is for the Habs, it will be much easier for the Habs to find the match-ups they want, and by match its more like ensuring the 3rd defence pairing is isolated to play vs Pens 3/4 lines. Habs can also match-up the face off guys they like. Intentionally getting centres trying to get the Pens centre kicked out of the draw is a HC Julien trick we'll see. I also would not be surprised to see a few more set plays by Habs using their speed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q: Refs seem to be calling more penalties and are no doubt rusty. Will we see MTL (perhaps a few guys skiilled in this regard) try to use speed more and embellish some calls?

A: I think certain guys who have a reputation for embellishment might be tempted, but the stakes are high, so not likely a strategy. However, I also would not be shocked to see Domi/Gallagher fall a little easier tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q: Have the Pens been covering Weber so well that he's not getting that cannon off or is he not shooting? His shot breaks bones!

A: Weber's shot will start to show up more tonight and the Pens need to respect it. Not sure if Hab players even want to get in front of the net when he's firing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q: MTL has a few tough guys, will they start to try to intimidate Pens and motivate their team with some rough stuff/fights? Domi, Armia, Weisse, Weber all can throw them, I would not be surprised to see them challenging some Pens. Try to get Geno or Tanger going like they have done in the past.\

A: I believe we might also see something tonight from MTL on the toughness/edgy side. Pens tough guys are (please correct me if I'm wrong)..... ZAR and Bluegar :lol: Geno & Tanger's focused simple game is key to Pens playoff wins, if they get pulled into shenanigans, Pens could suffer.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Game 3 pre-game drinks & chat at the Pens Power lay Bar

Postby penny lane on Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:32 pm

Q: Now that Coach Sullivan has won a game with his original line-up will he tweak a player?

A: Either Lafferty or Rodrigues plays. tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:thumb: LGP
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Penspal on Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:56 pm

penny lane wrote:Q: Now that Coach Sullivan has won a game with his original line-up will he tweak a player?

A: Either Lafferty or Rodrigues plays. tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:thumb: LGP

Interesting... I can't see HCMS changing the lineup after a winning night, especially since he stuck with it after game 1. But, you never know who's banged up, etc!

Thanks Penny!
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Weegie on Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:55 pm

Q: Will Dumoulin stop taking risky chances like trying to pinch and get caught up ice leaving Letang and Murray to fend off yet more 2 on 1"s and settle back into the steady defenseman we knew and we really need right now?

A: Please God yes!!!!! Unless the offense finds the next level and starts scoring more goals we can't afford any more odd man rushes against, he got "turned and burned" for the second goal in Game 1, and almost again 14 seconds into the third period Game 2, please hang back on defense a bit more and pinch only when you think you have a very good chance at keeping it in or you are sure your wingers will switch and cover you (which is always risky!).
Weegie
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins