Official GDT: SC Qualifier Game 3 - Pens "@" Habs 8/5/20

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Re: Official GDT: SC Qualifier Game 3 - Pens "@" Habs 8/5/20

Postby penny lane on Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:02 am

I hope John Marino gets into the faces of a few folks. On the 4th or 3rd goal Letang was all about staying with the player, behind the net, who letang was tangled with just before the goal. Instead of being in front.

Matt Murray was not tight to the corners as he had been in game 2.

If Sullivan coaches and makes changes, of course they can win. They will be playing tomorrow and Saturday.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby theblackarts on Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:53 am

The pens should still win this series, but after that third period I really have to question how badly they want this. Embarrassing is probably the classiest way to put it. If they lose game four while looking good, I'll reserve judgement for next year, but if they show up with the same listless, tired play, I really think some changes are in order while the window is still open-ish. Lafreniere would be a great add ;-)
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby thehockeyguru on Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:40 pm

theblackarts wrote:The pens should still win this series, but after that third period I really have to question how badly they want this. Embarrassing is probably the classiest way to put it. If they lose game four while looking good, I'll reserve judgement for next year, but if they show up with the same listless, tired play, I really think some changes are in order while the window is still open-ish. Lafreniere would be a great add ;-)

I'm not sure how you lose 3 out of 4 games to the 24th best team in the NHL and "look good"
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby no name on Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:46 pm

4 oclock start on Friday
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ysthomas on Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:02 pm

Maybe the Canadiens won’t realize that the game starts at 4.
ysthomas
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Antonio on Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:06 pm

The reality is this team just isn't a dominant force anymore. They have a lot of useless garbage on the roster like sheary, marleau, johnson and petterson (amazing how so many of us saw how insanely overrated he was from the beginning and what an insane contact they gave him), plus less exciting and useful bottom line players with few surprise rookies. In addition, the parts seem to mesh poorly compared to the glory years. On top of that, Sullivan's style is tired and played out. Lastly, the stars list aren't what they were. Not a knock on them but time catches up. Crosby is now generally above average at his low times to incredible at his top, and Malkin is terrible to great, whereas they were both once incredible at worst to transcendent at best. Just too many issues to be overcome to dominate anymore, some of their own making, some just part of the passage of time.
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:43 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:
theblackarts wrote:The pens should still win this series, but after that third period I really have to question how badly they want this. Embarrassing is probably the classiest way to put it. If they lose game four while looking good, I'll reserve judgement for next year, but if they show up with the same listless, tired play, I really think some changes are in order while the window is still open-ish. Lafreniere would be a great add ;-)

I'm not sure how you lose 3 out of 4 games to the 24th best team in the NHL and "look good"

It's pretty easy. You play really well and lose.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins