Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins 2017 Stanley Cup Champs Fan Gear and Collectibles

Official GDT: SC Qualifier Game 4 - Pens "@" Habs 8/7/20

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Re: Official GDT: SC Qualifier Game 4 - Pens "@" Habs 8/7/20

Postby KG on Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:08 pm

At least Johnson was even today :0
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,729
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Official GDT: SC Qualifier Game 4 - Pens "@" Habs 8/7/20

Postby sirik71 on Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:14 pm

KG wrote:
ysthomas wrote:I would have thought a swap of Zucker and Guentzel would have been a good idea for generating offense instead of tossing slow *** Hornqvist on Geno’s line.


Sullivan did nothing to try to change momentum or make adjustments in game. Sounds like another pens former coach!

How you don’t try to stack the lines and put Sid and Geno together to try to generate 1 goal to win the game doesn’t make sense to me.

Let’s just keep rolling out the same BS lines


As it seems our Coach only put the lines together on supplemental qualities not taking into account personalities of players. Geno is intuitive so he plays well with Rusty, McCann, Jake (who is both intuitive and organized) even Horny who just plays his own game. Zucker is organized and therefor much better with Captain (who is the best of the organized players) This doesn't mean btw that any of these players is only organized or intuitive.
sirik71
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:25 am

Re: Official GDT: SC Qualifier Game 4 - Pens "@" Habs 8/7/20

Postby Sigwolf on Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:29 pm

marek wrote:Thankfully, I was about as emotionally invested in this series as the Pens were. So many things to vent about but getting out-coached by Claude Julien says it all. Have fun golfing fellas.


I, also, am not nearly as upset about this loss as I should be. Since the return to play this team did not show one shred of evidence that they wanted to win, and correspondingly, I haven't felt... anything. This wasn't a team that played their hearts out and lost to a better team. That's the kind of team fans should rally behind. This was a team that just plain didn't show up.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,291
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:10 pm
Location: north central Ohio

Re: Official GDT: SC Qualifier Game 4 - Pens "@" Habs 8/7/20

Postby KG on Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:42 pm

Sigwolf wrote:
marek wrote:Thankfully, I was about as emotionally invested in this series as the Pens were. So many things to vent about but getting out-coached by Claude Julien says it all. Have fun golfing fellas.


I, also, am not nearly as upset about this loss as I should be. Since the return to play this team did not show one shred of evidence that they wanted to win, and correspondingly, I haven't felt... anything. This wasn't a team that played their hearts out and lost to a better team. That's the kind of team fans should rally behind. This was a team that just plain didn't show up.


Agreed! Embarrassing performance.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,729
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Official GDT: SC Qualifier Game 4 - Pens "@" Habs 8/7/20

Postby DelPen on Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:48 pm

I said before this series started it would be loss from only two people. First was Murray and he was fine in game 2 but garbage in 1 and 3 and lost those games. But also Sullivan because he started Murray and put together horrible lines.

If Jarry starts it’s a sweep for Pens.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,017
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT: SC Qualifier Game 4 - Pens "@" Habs 8/7/20

Postby Sigwolf on Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:56 pm

DelPen wrote:If Jarry starts it’s a sweep for Pens.


I think that's the most embarrassing reaction to the loss posted yet.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,291
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:10 pm
Location: north central Ohio

Re: Official GDT: SC Qualifier Game 4 - Pens "@" Habs 8/7/20

Postby ysthomas on Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:59 pm

It was interesting to see the team evolve from game 1 to game 4. Each game they slowly looked worse and slower. They were flying in game 1 and then tonight it looked like they really didn’t want to be there.
ysthomas
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 6:43 am

Re: Official GDT: SC Qualifier Game 4 - Pens "@" Habs 8/7/20

Postby penny lane on Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:03 pm

I've got nothing.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,816
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Pingvin na vsyu zhizn

Re: Official GDT: SC Qualifier Game 4 - Pens "@" Habs 8/7/20

Postby DelPen on Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:06 pm

penny lane wrote:I've got nothing.

Yet it’s still more than the Pens had
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,017
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT: SC Qualifier Game 4 - Pens "@" Habs 8/7/20

Postby BurghThing on Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:13 pm

DelPen wrote:I said before this series started it would be loss from only two people. First was Murray and he was fine in game 2 but garbage in 1 and 3 and lost those games. But also Sullivan because he started Murray and put together horrible lines.

If Jarry starts it’s a sweep for Pens.


Because he is the ultimate goal scorer, he could have put 4 past Price himself
BurghThing
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,946
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: Official GDT: SC Qualifier Game 4 - Pens "@" Habs 8/7/20

Postby KG on Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:32 pm

Not sure how Crosby only gets 19 minutes of ice time in an elimination game....

It’s one thing to roll 4 lines when you’re scoring goals! But when it doesn’t work you need to load up and play your best players as much as possible.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,729
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Official GDT: SC Qualifier Game 4 - Pens "@" Habs 8/7/20

Postby Pruezy11881 on Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:26 pm

KG wrote:Not sure how Crosby only gets 19 minutes of ice time in an elimination game....

It’s one thing to roll 4 lines when you’re scoring goals! But when it doesn’t work you need to load up and play your best players as much as possible.

There was speculation he's not 100%
Pruezy11881
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,146
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:09 am
Location: Erie, PA

Re: Official GDT: SC Qualifier Game 4 - Pens "@" Habs 8/7/20

Postby jf on Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:36 pm

I always thought McCann should be on one of the top two lines . He is a better hockey player than either Sheary or Zucker .
sirik71 wrote:
KG wrote:
ysthomas wrote:I would have thought a swap of Zucker and Guentzel would have been a good idea for generating offense instead of tossing slow *** Hornqvist on Geno’s line.


Sullivan did nothing to try to change momentum or make adjustments in game. Sounds like another pens former coach!

How you don’t try to stack the lines and put Sid and Geno together to try to generate 1 goal to win the game doesn’t make sense to me.

Let’s just keep rolling out the same BS lines


As it seems our Coach only put the lines together on supplemental qualities not taking into account personalities of players. Geno is intuitive so he plays well with Rusty, McCann, Jake (who is both intuitive and organized) even Horny who just plays his own game. Zucker is organized and therefor much better with Captain (who is the best of the organized players) This doesn't mean btw that any of these players is only organized or intuitive.
jf
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Butler

Re: Official GDT: SC Qualifier Game 4 - Pens "@" Habs 8/7/20

Postby Skatingpen on Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:19 am

jf wrote:I always thought McCann should be on one of the top two lines . He is a better hockey player than either Sheary or Zucker .
sirik71 wrote:
KG wrote:
ysthomas wrote:I would have thought a swap of Zucker and Guentzel would have been a good idea for generating offense instead of tossing slow *** Hornqvist on Geno’s line.


Sullivan did nothing to try to change momentum or make adjustments in game. Sounds like another pens former coach!

How you don’t try to stack the lines and put Sid and Geno together to try to generate 1 goal to win the game doesn’t make sense to me.

Let’s just keep rolling out the same BS lines


As it seems our Coach only put the lines together on supplemental qualities not taking into account personalities of players. Geno is intuitive so he plays well with Rusty, McCann, Jake (who is both intuitive and organized) even Horny who just plays his own game. Zucker is organized and therefor much better with Captain (who is the best of the organized players) This doesn't mean btw that any of these players is only organized or intuitive.



McCann was horrible the entire series. He deserved no ice time, heck he was scratched one game
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,495
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:13 pm

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: longtimefan, Maestro, murphydump55 and 12 guests


e-mail