What’s my value?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

What’s my value?

Postby Pensfan4life8771 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:25 am

I thought we would start a thread to discuss our RFAs. Who do we move the rights too and what do we get back for it?

I’ll give one suggestion. What if we package Murray + 1st for Ottawa first?
Pensfan4life8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: What’s my value?

Postby Pensfan4life8771 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:01 am

My other question is how do you move JJ and Bjustad?
Pensfan4life8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Hatrick on Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:53 pm

Bjugstad if he was ever healthy wouldn't be tough to move(the return might not be great but easy to get rid of). Since he is the new Beau Bennett not sure if any team will want him unless he can prove he can be healthy, maybe you can convince somebody to take a chance on him. JJ wont be gone, period.

Do you mean this years first? or two years from now first?(next year will already be committed to the Wild). If you mean this years first I do not consider that trade from a Penguins perspective. (even if it most likely ends up being the 15th pick). If you mean two years from now idk if Ottawa does that. I would rather have two first round picks even if its mid round than a number 5(I think that's what their lower one is). Or if the manage to get a lower round pick and a solid defenseman for Murray instead.

As for the other RFA the flat cap throws some wrenches in but
McCann 2year/3million?
Jarry-Maybe 3 year/3.3million per year
Lafferty-1million
Simon- I would consider letting go unless he takes something like a 2year/1.7million per year
Riikola-<1million
Hatrick
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FLPensFan on Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:43 pm

A Twitter friend of mine in Vancouver brought up one point on Murray. Not only is he an RFA, but he has arbitration rights. RFAs with arbitration rights are often more difficult to deal unless team and player have a pretty good idea of what the player wants in a new deal. Those RFA Arbitration Rights, along with Murray being a goalie (which are always hard to judge return value) might make moving him more difficult.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FLPensFan on Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:50 pm

Pensfan4life8771 wrote:I thought we would start a thread to discuss our RFAs. Who do we move the rights too and what do we get back for it?

I don't like it, because it is 100% a future's deal. Likely less than 10% chance that Ottawa 1st round pick makes the Penguins next year.

I'm looking for a young forward (Mantha or Bertuzzi from Detroit, or a guy like Sam Reinhart from Buffalo) or a young RD (Montour or Jokiharju from Buffalo) in return for Murray.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Ohio_Pens_fan on Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:20 pm

FLPensFan wrote:
Pensfan4life8771 wrote:I thought we would start a thread to discuss our RFAs. Who do we move the rights too and what do we get back for it?

I don't like it, because it is 100% a future's deal. Likely less than 10% chance that Ottawa 1st round pick makes the Penguins next year.

I'm looking for a young forward (Mantha or Bertuzzi from Detroit, or a guy like Sam Reinhart from Buffalo) or a young RD (Montour or Jokiharju from Buffalo) in return for Murray.

I believe Detroit would be wanting to unload one of their current goalies in any trade before taking on Murray. A big trade with Buffalo, like Reinhart and one of the RDs you mentioned, would require Murray plus who else from us? McCann, Pettersson, ???
Ohio_Pens_fan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pensfan4life8771 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:36 pm

Why not this:

Buffalo gets:
MCann rights
Murray sign/trade

Pens get:
Zigmus - third line center
Montour - D man
Pensfan4life8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby KG on Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:52 pm

Pensfan4life8771 wrote:Why not this:

Buffalo gets:
MCann rights
Murray sign/trade

Pens get:
Zigmus - third line center
Montour - D man

I wouldn’t actively move McCann. He is still young and is what we need. Speed , two way player.

Murray and Bjugstad perhaps ?
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Penguins Knight on Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:36 pm

Pensfan4life8771 wrote:My other question is how do you move JJ and Bjustad?

Bjugstad's injury history over three recent seasons has concerns over the future of his playing career. If he is not ready for the start of the 2020-2021 season, he starts the season on long term injured reserve. Whatever helps the Penguins free up salary helps. If Bjugstad returns, his contract can be buried in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, or another team in need of an injured underachieving forward can claim him off waivers.

Johnson will have to be paired with someone going elsewhere. Think of a trade similar to Matt Hunwick and Conor Sheary being traded to the Buffalo Sabres in 2018.
Penguins Knight
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby DelPen on Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:05 am

If you want to move Johnson you either need to trade for another teams trash and hope a change does both players well or add him on with a Murray or Jarry trade and take less back.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins