Any Hidden Injuries acknowledged?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Any Hidden Injuries acknowledged?

Postby Penspal on Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:06 am

I took a couple days off the Pens media landscape, it was charred, scorched and devastated, and for probably good reason. But today is Draft Monday, and I can't miss that :scared: :pop: :scared:

However, I've missed any reports of injuries... were any shared/announced?

- Sid missed some training camp, was the reason disclosed?
- How healthy was Jake, like really?
- Did Dumo hurt his foot in that first game? I'm almost hoping he did, cause he was FAAAAAR from what we are used to.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,861
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:12 am
Location: UPMC - Universal Pens Mojo Council

Re: Any Hidden Injuries acknowledged?

Postby FLPensFan on Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:50 am

Penspal wrote:I took a couple days off the Pens media landscape, it was charred, scorched and devastated, and for probably good reason. But today is Draft Monday, and I can't miss that :scared: :pop: :scared:

However, I've missed any reports of injuries... were any shared/announced?

- Sid missed some training camp, was the reason disclosed?
- How healthy was Jake, like really?
- Did Dumo hurt his foot in that first game? I'm almost hoping he did, cause he was FAAAAAR from what we are used to.

I have yet to hear anything official. From what I have heard, Sid was still being nagged by whatever happened in camp. I think in both Guentzel and Dumo's case, it was just long injury layoffs plus COVID kept them out of true game shape. Dumo had only come back and played maybe 6-8 games I think after his bad ankle injury.

I've seen some knuckleheads already writing off Dumoulin and ready to ride him out of town. He's been one of their most solid defenders for the past 4-5 years. I won't write anybody off for one bad playoffs, especially when the entire team was crap overall.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,963
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Any Hidden Injuries acknowledged?

Postby Penguins Knight on Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:50 am

FLPensFan wrote:I have yet to hear anything official. From what I have heard, Sid was still being nagged by whatever happened in camp. I think in both Guentzel and Dumo's case, it was just long injury layoffs plus COVID kept them out of true game shape. Dumo had only come back and played maybe 6-8 games I think after his bad ankle injury.

I've seen some knuckleheads already writing off Dumoulin and ready to ride him out of town. He's been one of their most solid defenders for the past 4-5 years. I won't write anybody off for one bad playoffs, especially when the entire team was crap overall.


I did not notice anything wrong with Dumoulin. Dumoulin's pairing partner, Kris Letang, continued to provide legitimate reasons why the Penguins need to move on and move forward without him.
Penguins Knight
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:57 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Any Hidden Injuries acknowledged?

Postby FLPensFan on Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:03 am

Penguins Knight wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:I have yet to hear anything official. From what I have heard, Sid was still being nagged by whatever happened in camp. I think in both Guentzel and Dumo's case, it was just long injury layoffs plus COVID kept them out of true game shape. Dumo had only come back and played maybe 6-8 games I think after his bad ankle injury.

I've seen some knuckleheads already writing off Dumoulin and ready to ride him out of town. He's been one of their most solid defenders for the past 4-5 years. I won't write anybody off for one bad playoffs, especially when the entire team was crap overall.


I did not notice anything wrong with Dumoulin. Dumoulin's pairing partner, Kris Letang, continued to provide legitimate reasons why the Penguins need to move on and move forward without him.

Disagree 100%. Compared to this year's regular season, and the past 2 years (regular season and playoffs), other than not scoring, Letang was pretty solid.

Dumoulin, on the other hand, made multiple poor decisions. He got caught pinching multiple times that left Letang back covering 2-1 against Montreal, among other poor decisions with the puck. I don't think you'll find many people out there that will state Dumoulin had a good series.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,963
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Any Hidden Injuries acknowledged?

Postby penny lane on Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:03 am

? Penguins haven't been seen or heard from since Friday.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,811
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Pingvin na vsyu zhizn

Re: Any Hidden Injuries acknowledged?

Postby FLPensFan on Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:06 am

penny lane wrote:? Penguins haven't been seen or heard from since Friday.

I'm not sure if they will have an official breakdown day as usual under these circumstances. I'm not expecting to hear much until after tonight. I'm interested to hear Rutherford's feedback a few days after the loss, and, see what his mood is like depending on tonight's outcome.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,963
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Any Hidden Injuries acknowledged?

Postby Pensfan4life8771 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:12 am

FLPensFan wrote:
penny lane wrote:? Penguins haven't been seen or heard from since Friday.

I'm not sure if they will have an official breakdown day as usual under these circumstances. I'm not expecting to hear much until after tonight. I'm interested to hear Rutherford's feedback a few days after the loss, and, see what his mood is like depending on tonight's outcome.



It will be very interesting to hear from GMJR and his view on this season. I imagine no locker room "clean out" talk due to Covid but I'm sure the GM will have an interview/talk with Yohe/Rossi. We should def. hear from him tonight if we win No. 1
Pensfan4life8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:44 pm

Re: Any Hidden Injuries acknowledged?

Postby Penguins Knight on Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:46 am

FLPensFan wrote:
penny lane wrote:? Penguins haven't been seen or heard from since Friday.

I'm not sure if they will have an official breakdown day as usual under these circumstances. I'm not expecting to hear much until after tonight. I'm interested to hear Rutherford's feedback a few days after the loss, and, see what his mood is like depending on tonight's outcome.


Another early postseason exit and days without a media update should be clues something is happening behind the scenes. Someone has to admit failure and walk walks in changes being made.
Penguins Knight
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:57 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Any Hidden Injuries acknowledged?

Postby ville5 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:36 pm

I'm butthurt and my ego is bruised cause my team lost and didn't lay it all on the line.
ville5
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,296
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Re: Any Hidden Injuries acknowledged?

Postby FLPensFan on Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:55 am

Molinari reporting that Malkin just had elbow surgery today, and has a 2-3 week recovery time. Nothing further released from the team. Molinari says a source told him the issue that prompted the surgery existed before the start of the qualifying round.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,963
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Any Hidden Injuries acknowledged?

Postby Jim on Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:51 am

FLPensFan wrote:Molinari reporting that Malkin just had elbow surgery today, and has a 2-3 week recovery time. Nothing further released from the team. Molinari says a source told him the issue that prompted the surgery existed before the start of the qualifying round.


With that turn around time it is probably just bursitis.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,298
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Any Hidden Injuries acknowledged?

Postby KG on Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:55 am

Jim wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:Molinari reporting that Malkin just had elbow surgery today, and has a 2-3 week recovery time. Nothing further released from the team. Molinari says a source told him the issue that prompted the surgery existed before the start of the qualifying round.


With that turn around time it is probably just bursitis.


Maybe that's why his slap shot looked like a Ryan Whitney creampuff...So much for being healthy going into this with 4 months off. Sid was hurt, Geno was hurt, Dumo was hurt and Jake wasn't ready.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,700
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Any Hidden Injuries acknowledged?

Postby FLPensFan on Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:13 pm

KG wrote:
Jim wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:Molinari reporting that Malkin just had elbow surgery today, and has a 2-3 week recovery time. Nothing further released from the team. Molinari says a source told him the issue that prompted the surgery existed before the start of the qualifying round.


With that turn around time it is probably just bursitis.


Maybe that's why his slap shot looked like a Ryan Whitney creampuff...So much for being healthy going into this with 4 months off. Sid was hurt, Geno was hurt, Dumo was hurt and Jake wasn't ready.

Madden says his sources say it was nothing more than minor arthroscopic cleanup (which fits the 2-4 week recovery time), and that it seems more like a convenient excuse to try and shift blame away from Malkin's poor playoff performance.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,963
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Any Hidden Injuries acknowledged?

Postby Ericf on Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:58 pm

FLPensFan wrote:
KG wrote:
Jim wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:Molinari reporting that Malkin just had elbow surgery today, and has a 2-3 week recovery time. Nothing further released from the team. Molinari says a source told him the issue that prompted the surgery existed before the start of the qualifying round.


With that turn around time it is probably just bursitis.


Maybe that's why his slap shot looked like a Ryan Whitney creampuff...So much for being healthy going into this with 4 months off. Sid was hurt, Geno was hurt, Dumo was hurt and Jake wasn't ready.

Madden says his sources say it was nothing more than minor arthroscopic cleanup (which fits the 2-4 week recovery time), and that it seems more like a convenient excuse to try and shift blame away from Malkin's poor playoff performance.


Madden would say that since he’s a hater. Rossi says Geno has needed major surgery, different from this current surgery, since 2016 and that’s why his slap shot has decreased in velocity, but he won’t get that done until his career is over

https://theathletic.com/2002516/2020/08 ... ed_article
Ericf
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: Any Hidden Injuries acknowledged?

Postby Pruezy11881 on Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:00 pm

ZAR out 6 months after having left shoulder surgery.
Pruezy11881
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,143
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:09 am
Location: Erie, PA

Re: Any Hidden Injuries acknowledged?

Postby FLPensFan on Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:07 pm

Pruezy11881 wrote:ZAR out 6 months after having left shoulder surgery.

On the plus side, that's 1M in LTIR space to start the season. :D
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,963
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Any Hidden Injuries acknowledged?

Postby DelPen on Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:13 pm

I can only think ZAR didn’t tell the team he was hurt. We literally had half a dozen guys who could have stepped into his spot in the bubble and could had also left him in Pittsburgh and brought Poulin with us if this was something wrong before the series started.

Unless it happened in the last game but after Sullivan laid into him there’s no way the team played him knowingly while injured.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,983
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Any Hidden Injuries acknowledged?

Postby penny lane on Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:42 pm

Ericf wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
KG wrote:
Jim wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:Molinari reporting that Malkin just had elbow surgery today, and has a 2-3 week recovery time. Nothing further released from the team. Molinari says a source told him the issue that prompted the surgery existed before the start of the qualifying round.


With that turn around time it is probably just bursitis.


Maybe that's why his slap shot looked like a Ryan Whitney creampuff...So much for being healthy going into this with 4 months off. Sid was hurt, Geno was hurt, Dumo was hurt and Jake wasn't ready.

Madden says his sources say it was nothing more than minor arthroscopic cleanup (which fits the 2-4 week recovery time), and that it seems more like a convenient excuse to try and shift blame away from Malkin's poor playoff performance.


Madden would say that since he’s a hater. Rossi says Geno has needed major surgery, different from this current surgery, since 2016 and that’s why his slap shot has decreased in velocity, but he won’t get that done until his career is over

https://theathletic.com/2002516/2020/08 ... ed_article


Evgeni doesn't go on Madden's show, hence the hate.
He could have played more on the wing. Get to the net. Plus I go back to Sullivan's quote- We like the way Geno is playing. Low risk.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,811
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Pingvin na vsyu zhizn

Re: Any Hidden Injuries acknowledged?

Postby KG on Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:01 pm

FLPensFan wrote:
Pruezy11881 wrote:ZAR out 6 months after having left shoulder surgery.

On the plus side, that's 1M in LTIR space to start the season. :D


:thumb: That is too bad though. I was planning on using him as trade bait. Some of the analytic teams out there would have value for him. I think he's been a shell of himself since he got his jaw busted.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,700
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:53 am
Location: NY


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Antonio, Cow_Master66, lemieuxReturns, Lesky, longtimefan, Pensfan4life8771 and 22 guests


e-mail