Penguin Helmet Advertising~ Drumroll

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Re: Penguin Helmet Advertising~ Drumroll

Postby ville5 on Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:30 pm

Advertising doesn't belong on professional uniforms. There's enough on the ice and tv.
Doesn't matter what the ad is or for.
ville5
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Hatrick on Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:05 am

FLPensFan wrote:If you guys don't like the helmet advertising, you probably won't like the fact that the Penguins are playing this season in the Mass Mutual NHL East Division. :face:

Canadian teams are in the Scotiabank NHL North Division.
West coast teams are in the Honda NHL West Division.
Centeral teams are in the Discover NHL Central Division.

Now all we need is some Pearl Vision ads on the referees and we'll be all set. :roll:

that's annoying but at least its not in your face, I much rather them name the silly divisions rather than put ads all over the uniforms.
Hatrick
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BigMcK on Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:44 am

Just curious what the final auction bid will be in 15 years for an autographed game worn PPG Crosby helmet?

Collectors are curious...
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Postby Skatingpen on Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:29 am

I am all for the league and teams making as much money as they can. It won’t change how hard or who I root for. They are still the penguins no matter what ad is on their uniform or helmet. Times are changing
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby FLPensFan on Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:37 am

BigMcK wrote:Just curious what the final auction bid will be in 15 years for an autographed game worn PPG Crosby helmet?

Collectors are curious...

Not sure, but....this auction will be sponsored by Primanti Bros. LOL
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DelPen on Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:41 pm

Watching the scrimmage, can’t even tell there are helmet decals during normal play and even on close ups I don’t care.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby theblackarts on Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:42 am

DelPen wrote:Watching the scrimmage, can’t even tell there are helmet decals during normal play and even on close ups I don’t care.

Haha, came here to say exactly the opposite. Obviously couldn't see them during play but during the close ups they looked absolutely brutal imo. I hope they come off next year but I know there's no chance of that happening now that the financial cat is out of the bag.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby FLPensFan on Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:05 pm

theblackarts wrote:
DelPen wrote:Watching the scrimmage, can’t even tell there are helmet decals during normal play and even on close ups I don’t care.

Haha, came here to say exactly the opposite. Obviously couldn't see them during play but during the close ups they looked absolutely brutal imo. I hope they come off next year but I know there's no chance of that happening now that the financial cat is out of the bag.

I only watched a little bit of the scrimmage, and I never once noticed them. I wasn't looking for them, but, in the 10-20 minutes of the scrimmage that I watched, I never saw them once. And, I do think you are correct blackarts that they are probably here to stay. Some fans may not like them and find them distracting, but, I'm sure that's the only group that doesn't like them. Doesn't matter to management, players, etc, and really, for the players, if it means an increase in HRR, they are going to be all for it because in the end that means higher cap and higher salaries.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pruezy11881 on Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:21 pm

FLPensFan wrote:
theblackarts wrote:

I only watched a little bit of the scrimmage, and I never once noticed them. I wasn't looking for them, but, in the 10-20 minutes of the scrimmage that I watched, I never saw them once. And, I do think you are correct blackarts that they are probably here to stay. Some fans may not like them and find them distracting, but, I'm sure that's the only group that doesn't like them. Doesn't matter to management, players, etc, and really, for the players, if it means an increase in HRR, they are going to be all for it because in the end that means higher cap and higher salaries.

Yeah. I agree that they are most likely here to stay because everyone makes more money off of it. I can see the next location for advertising potentially being right below the numbers on the back of the jersey or around the stitching of the fight strap near the waist line, which also may not be toooo distracting. What I really don't want to see is the NHL let the players go out and get individual sponsors for themselves and the jerseys start to look like old pro bowling shirts and NASCAR with logos and brand names all over the place.
Pruezy11881
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby no name on Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:59 am

Now UPMC is the official practice helmet of the penguins.

https://cms.nhl.bamgrid.com/images/phot ... 76/cut.jpg
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby djlm on Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:04 pm

Just you guys wait until companies name the team like some european leagues. Ladies and gentleman welcome your "Delta Airlines Pittsburgh Penguins"
djlm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins