Official Penguins Game Thread - 11/4 - Penguins vs. Sharks

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby scpensfan on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:16 pm

Love that goaltender interference. :lol:
scpensfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,630
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Mount Pleasant, SC

Postby KG on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:17 pm

These shark announcers are clueless..The color guy is McSorley, need I say more...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,015
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:53 am
Location: NY

Postby bh on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:17 pm

wow, Gonch with a great poke check!
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,586
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:48 pm

Postby eastonpensfan on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:17 pm

This is a rough game. Tired of hearing the SJ announcers whine about Cheechoo getting thrown out and now Grier's call.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,442
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:19 am
Location: on the Professional Noodling Tour

Postby netwolf on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:18 pm

Time to make some much-needed adjustments, especially to the Penguin PP.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,520
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Postby Jesse on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:18 pm

If the Penguins plan on winning this game, they had better figure out how to get this lame excuse for a Power-play going. Because right now it's pretty disgusting.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,650
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:07 am
Location: The Land of Condescending Posters

Postby bh on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:19 pm

eastonpensfan wrote:This is a rough game. Tired of hearing the SJ announcers whine about Cheechoo getting thrown out and now Grier's call.


Yeah, It is very high intensity.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,586
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:48 pm

Postby Jesse on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:19 pm

netwolf wrote:Time to make some much-needed adjustments, especially to the Penguin PP.


Stop copying me.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,650
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:07 am
Location: The Land of Condescending Posters

Postby eastonpensfan on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:19 pm

I hate to admit it, but I'm liking those SJ jerseys.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,442
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:19 am
Location: on the Professional Noodling Tour

Postby PittPensFan on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:19 pm

Amen to the PP adjustments. The Sharks have been dominant on the PK.
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,151
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:52 pm
Location: I break-a your face!

Postby bh on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:20 pm

Bob Erry was a former Sharks captain?
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,586
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:48 pm

Postby mattyj5571 on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:20 pm

well at least we look so far like we can compete and arent a bunch of ten year olds out there like we did oh so often last year.
mattyj5571
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:00 pm

Postby DelPen on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:20 pm

So any injury update on the Eaton? The SJ announcers are almost as clueless as the Columbus guys. They aren't even watching the game, one of the refs waived the goal off immediately and they kept going on about a goal.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 35,904
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Postby eastonpensfan on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:21 pm

bh wrote:Bob Erry was a former Sharks captain?


Wow, Errey gets around.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,442
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:19 am
Location: on the Professional Noodling Tour

Postby PittPensFan on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:22 pm

It may be a problem when the LA guys are more knowledgeable than your announcers.
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,151
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:52 pm
Location: I break-a your face!

Postby NIN on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:22 pm

The Sharks want to lure the Penguins into a forecheck and then send it up ice with speed. When they do that they can catch the Penguins defense flatfooted and backpedaling. That's never a good thing with skaters like Gonchar, Scuds, and Melichar back there. The Pens have recovered nicely to that game plan but THEY NEED TO KEEP A FORWARD UP HIGH!

1. Support the forecheck.

2. Clog outlet pases and e;liminate passing options.

3. Get back in time to help the D.

The Pens must not get carried away down low with the forecheck!
NIN
 

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:23 pm

So far, only one annoying campaign ad!
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,546
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Postby .dennis. on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:23 pm

DelPen wrote:So any injury update on the Eaton? The SJ announcers are almost as clueless as the Columbus guys. They aren't even watching the game, one of the refs waived the goal off immediately and they kept going on about a goal.

Eaton told the trainer it felt like a broken wrist.
.dennis.
 

Postby DelPen on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:23 pm

NIN wrote:The Sharks want to lure the Penguins into a forecheck and then send it up ice with speed. When they do that they can catch the Penguins defense flatfooted and backpedaling. That's never a good thing with skaters like Gonchar, Scuds, and Melichar back there. The Pens have recovered nicely to that game plan but THEY NEED TO KEEP A FORWARD UP HIGH!

1. Support the forecheck.

2. Clog outlet pases and e;liminate passing options.

3. Get back in time to help the D.

The Pens must not get carried away down low with the forecheck!


Not sure where you have been for the last 5-10 years but Gonchar and Melichar are good skaters.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 35,904
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Postby joker10277 on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:24 pm

Put Malkin on the point and staal in front of the net on the PP. Have Malkin and Gonchar shoot it every chance they get.......... That will give the guys down low a litter more room.
joker10277
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,707
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:37 pm
Location: West Mifflin

Postby netwolf on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:25 pm

.dennis. wrote:Eaton told the trainer it felt like a broken wrist.

Hopefully, it just *feels* like its broken...
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,520
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Postby DelPen on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:26 pm

joker10277 wrote:Put Malkin on the point and staal in front of the net on the PP. Have Malkin and Gonchar shoot it every chance they get.......... That will give the guys down low a litter more room.


Staal in front, I'd love to see it. I have a feeling his ability to knock pucks out of the air is another skill he has that we haven't seen yet.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 35,904
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Postby Rychster on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:26 pm

Crosby isn't shooting when he should. He is trying to be fancy when he should just shoot it. So many times they blew a scoring chance by overpassing!!!

I'm sure they will talk about it in the locker room.
Rychster
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:58 am
Location: Southeastern VA

Postby SAMPICK on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:27 pm

is that game on the web tonihght ????? where
SAMPICK
 

Postby eastonpensfan on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:27 pm

netwolf wrote:
.dennis. wrote:Eaton told the trainer it felt like a broken wrist.

Hopefully, it just *feels* like its broken...


Yeah, it's one thing to lose Ryan Malone to a broken wrist, that won't really hurt the Pens. But, Mark Eaton? We need that defense.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,442
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:19 am
Location: on the Professional Noodling Tour

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BurghThing, DudeMan2766, Eismann, FLPensFan, lemieuxReturns, NashvilleCat, sil, Skatingpen, SolidSnake and 43 guests


e-mail