Official Penguins Game Thread - 11/4 - Penguins vs. Sharks

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby yeltzen on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:27 am

eastonpensfan wrote:This is a rough game. Tired of hearing the SJ announcers whine about Cheechoo getting thrown out and now Grier's call.

They should know that Cheechoo his is going to get called every time. But the Grier call was weak, so they have a legitimate gripe there.
yeltzen

Postby .dennis. on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:28 am

Rychster wrote:Crosby isn't shooting when he should. He is trying to be fancy when he should just shoot it. So many times they blew a scoring chance by overpassing!!!

I'm sure they will talk about it in the locker room.

Yeah there was that one time right in front of the net where 3 guys made a pass they never should have. Maybe Sid forgot how to shoot after having Malkin to do it for him.
.dennis.

Postby eastonpensfan on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:28 am

SAMPICK wrote:is that game on the web tonihght ????? where

Go to yahoo.com's hockey page. There is a watch live link from there.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jesse on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:28 am

One good part about this period was our forechecking. We definitely laid it on thick a few times. If we can keep that up and keep blocking shots, we'll be okay.

I'd like to see us score on this abbreviated powerplay to start the period. That ought to back the Shark's special teams off.

Also, Sharks fans are labeling the Cheechoo play as "Cheech lost his edge and fell into Eaton". Uh-huh.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby yeltzen on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:28 am

Rychster wrote:Crosby isn't shooting when he should. He is trying to be fancy when he should just shoot it. So many times they blew a scoring chance by overpassing!!!

I'm sure they will talk about it in the locker room.

Crosby's passing in the slot gets old, but they're not going to say anything to the guy leading the team in points... yet.
yeltzen

Postby bh on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:29 am

This game is kinda strange. Lot's of calls, a lot of them questionalbe, very high intensity. The one thing I notice is that MAF looks pretty confident this game while the SJ goalie looks a little shaky. I think if we just some more rubber on him we should get some better chances.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:29 am

DelPen wrote:
NIN wrote:The Sharks want to lure the Penguins into a forecheck and then send it up ice with speed. When they do that they can catch the Penguins defense flatfooted and backpedaling. That's never a good thing with skaters like Gonchar, Scuds, and Melichar back there. The Pens have recovered nicely to that game plan but THEY NEED TO KEEP A FORWARD UP HIGH!

1. Support the forecheck.

2. Clog outlet pases and e;liminate passing options.

3. Get back in time to help the D.

The Pens must not get carried away down low with the forecheck!

Not sure where you have been for the last 5-10 years but Gonchar and Melichar are good skaters.

:lol: Yes, grace and speed, I guess I missed that. I'm not saying you need to be Nancy Karrigan to turn and go get the puck but have you seen Gonchar's gap controll? They did their homework vs. the Pens but they havent been burned yet. Gonchar played a tremendous period as a matter of fact, Melichar too. That does'nt mean they are suddenly fleet of foot.

Of course I hope you were kidding.
NIN

Postby .dennis. on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:30 am

That one powerplay was awful where SJ had the puck in our zone the whole time and pressure us to death.
.dennis.

Postby yeltzen on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:31 am

.dennis. wrote:That one powerplay was awful where SJ had the puck in our zone the whole time and pressure us to death.

Yeah, we got very lucky on some bad shooting and passing there. The Pens PK seems to be "we'll attack at first, if you gain control we'll lay back."
yeltzen

Postby DelPen on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:31 am

.dennis. wrote:That one powerplay was awful where SJ had the puck in our zone the whole time and pressure us to death.

Was that the one where the PK'rs blocked 3 shots? If those rebounds don't go right back on to a Shark stick it's cleared.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SAMPICK on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:31 am

eastonpensfan wrote:
SAMPICK wrote:is that game on the web tonihght ????? where

Go to yahoo.com's hockey page. There is a watch live link from there.

thanks
SAMPICK

Postby NIN on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:33 am

All the Sharks fans are predictably pissed off about the refs but guess what? They are ranked 2nd in chances and we are 2nd too last. I think it's about time things got balanced out.
NIN

Postby netwolf on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:34 am

Jesse wrote:Also, Sharks fans are labeling the Cheechoo play as "Cheech lost his edge and fell into Eaton". Uh-huh.

In fairness to them, that's exactly what would be said here if Eaton had taken out Cheechoo.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eastonpensfan on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:35 am

Something's wrong where there is a game that has a guy get thrown out for boarding and possibly breaking someone's wrist, 2 goals waved off, and no score, but McSorley calls it an "entertaining period of hockey".

He's a waste.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby SMTM on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:35 am

It sounds like Anaheim is going to be Orpik's first game of the year. Boy, I am praying that Eaton is ok. Maybe just a little strain. Punk *** Cheechoo...
SMTM
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby bh on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:36 am

eastonpensfan wrote:Something's wrong where there is a game that has a guy get thrown out for boarding and possibly breaking someone's wrist, 2 goals waved off, and no score, but McSorley calls it an "entertaining period of hockey".

He's a waste.

I think when all that stuff happens that it is pretty entertaining. What's the problem?
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby yeltzen on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:37 am

Pens are getting caught up in the physical play. They're playing right into SJ's style.
yeltzen

Postby KG on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:37 am

That's the right way to play Malkin, good job by Mclaren...gotta respond
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby NIN on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:37 am

Like I said. Don't get carried away on the forecheck. looked what happened. Malkin just had to jump in low to make that hit. Marc-Andre was lost on that shot.
NIN

Postby yeltzen on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:37 am

And, there's the obligatory "bad [insert whatever here] by MAF" comment from Errey.
yeltzen

Postby Jesse on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:37 am

Bernier made that an easy call.

Penguins need to tie it right now.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby bh on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:38 am

Crap!
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby yeltzen on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:38 am

LOLOLOLOL @ Whitney. Jesus Christ, dude.
yeltzen

Postby netwolf on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:39 am

Tonight, Ryan Whitney is the anti-Larry Murphy when it comes to keeping the puck in on the PP.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby joker10277 on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:39 am

3 giveaways by whitney in the first 45 seconds of this power play............
joker10277
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins