Official Game Thread - 11/6 - Penguins vs. Ducks - 10:00pm

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Postby DelPen on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:32 am

KG wrote:we get the point great....but 11 power plays. give me a break, the refs handed that game to the ducks. no wonder why their undefeated if they get calls like that it's impossible to lose. 11 power plays. and we had what 2?? wtf! tough to swallow. MT will be pissed.

Especially right before Recchi gets tackled by Rob N Crosby got hooked in front of the net to prevent a good shot on goal.

Between the garbage holding sticks that they called hooks and not calling thing both ways the Pens just can't win when they have 10 PP's against.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby BigNastyZ on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:32 am

If nothing else, GREAT PERFORMANCE by Thiabault. Quite the turnaround from what his performances showed last year, glad to see he picked up where he left off in the preseason. We definitely stole a point there, and have to be happy with that much... besides that gets us back into a tie for first in the division.
BigNastyZ
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pitts on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:32 am

Congrats to Thibault for a solid effort tonight!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby spoon on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:33 am

the point thought puts us in a tie for 1st
spoon
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:33 am

I think thats twice Welch has gotten jobbed on a call. Welcome to the league rookie.

And as I type that, Whitney takes himself out of the play and lets a cross-crease pass go through for a tap-in. If the D are being coached to go down in that situation, I really, really wish they'd knock it off.

That said, good job by the Pens to steal a point from a superior Anaheim team.

And now, before the puck even comes to rest in the net on the GWG, here are your Steelers lowlights. Thanks FSP. :?
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby BurghThing on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:33 am

ANd make no mistake about it, the referees decided this game. The NHL had a chance for a record tonight, making sure the Ducks got their 15 game with a point to start the season. You didn't think the NHL would miss a chance like that did you? Anyone watching this BS and thinks otherwise is a fool.
BurghThing
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby yeltzen on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:34 am

If yinz are going to blame the refs, I strongly suggest taking a look at... um, shots... um, time in the attacking zone at even strength... etc, etc.
yeltzen

Postby The U on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:34 am

pens20 wrote:Power Plays
Ana 9
Pens 2

Ducks should have got an extra penalty on that Pronger melee around the net. Refs had a chance to SOMEWHAT even out the calls right there and they didnt. I'm sorry but there should never be a 7 or 8 powerplay difference in the NHL. And if a difference like that does occur, then you even out the calls a bit when you see a penalty on the other team. The Recchi play on the boards could have been another call.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kicksave on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:34 am

Way to follow up the Pens game with F'n Cowher.

I usually ***** at people who ***** at this but this is ri GD diculous.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby spoon on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:35 am

netwolf wrote:And now, before the puck even comes to rest in the net on the GWG, here are your Steelers lowlights. Thanks FSP. :?

misery loves company.

Pens could win the cup and we'll still see Steelers and how they;'re spending the off-season first
spoon
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jesse on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:35 am

yeltzen wrote:If yinz are going to blame the refs, I strongly suggest taking a look at... um, shots... um, time in the attacking zone at even strength... etc, etc.

When you're shorthanded 11 times, um like, uhhh that tends to affect those uh like ummm stats, bro.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PittPensFan on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:35 am

If tough to play good even strength hockey when you get a penalty called on everything you do (some legit, some head scratchers).
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Donald Fagen on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:35 am

netwolf wrote:I think thats twice Welch has gotten jobbed on a call. Welcome to the league rookie.

And as I type that, Whitney takes himself out of the play and lets a cross-crease pass go through for a tap-in. If the D are being coached to go down in that situation, I really, really wish they'd knock it off.

That said, good job by the Pens to steal a point from a superior Anaheim team.

And now, before the puck even comes to rest in the net on the GWG, here are your Steelers lowlights. Thanks FSP. :?

Makes me HATE the steelers more and more every day!!!!!
Donald Fagen

Postby schreibdog on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:35 am

netwolf wrote:If the D are being coached to go down in that situation, I really, really wish they'd knock it off.

The only guy I see pull that off consistently is Scuderi. Maybe he should've been the D on the 4 on 3. That, or put 2 defensemen out there instead of Armstrong and Talbot
schreibdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby joker10277 on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:36 am

I don't think I saw a defenseman make a clean outlet pass out of our end all night.
joker10277
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Mikeys66ers on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:36 am

good news is that on the road we played two of the best teams in the leauge and only lost 3-2 both times, stealin a point out of one of them. Thats not to bad at all really. This team in the past would have lost both games 4-1 or 5-2 and got nothing to show for it.
Mikeys66ers
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby saveourpens on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:36 am

When are the refs going to grow some manliehood and call players like Selanne on a dive and in overtime. ****. This game sucks hard.
saveourpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SportsFan on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:36 am

We were dominated in all aspects of the game..
SportsFan

Postby yeltzen on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:36 am

Jesse wrote:
yeltzen wrote:If yinz are going to blame the refs, I strongly suggest taking a look at... um, shots... um, time in the attacking zone at even strength... etc, etc.

When you're shorthanded 11 times, um like, uhhh that tends to affect those uh like ummm stats, bro.

Doesn't affect time in the attacking zone at even strength.
yeltzen

Postby BigNastyZ on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:36 am

What a surprise... third star goes to Greg Louganis... i mean Teemu Selanne.
BigNastyZ
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby DelPen on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:37 am

joker10277 wrote:I don't think I saw a defenseman make a clean outlet pass out of our end all night.

Melichar had quite a few.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby penscup on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:37 am

I hope all you people that said you were going to bed because Thibault started are having nightmares.

Stopped 37 of 40 on the road against the best puck control team in the game.

Not to mention doing it ice cold in his first start of the year. Gee, maybe his poor stats from last year just MAY have been in SMALL part due to playing behind such a PIECE OF CRAP TEAM, nah...
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sigwolf on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:37 am

Xgen wrote:Ek threw 4 punches and no fighting major is called...they cut both guys a break...give it up

Try to follow along here... I made my comment about Pronger before *any* penalties were announced. Whether or not Ekman was called for fighting had nothing to do with it because it hadn't been announced yet. I pointed out that Pronger deserved the misconduct for coming in late to which you reply "Are you drunk?", only you choose to use lot of capitals and question marks. Do you see the problem here? It is a situation that deserves and is often called for a misconduct penalty... just not often with a player of Pronger's stature in the league.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jesse on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:38 am

On a side note: I thought Brooks played rather solid for his first game back.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby yeltzen on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:38 am

DelPen wrote:
joker10277 wrote:I don't think I saw a defenseman make a clean outlet pass out of our end all night.

Melichar had quite a few.

Guarantee you Madden says Whitney is the best defensemen on the team and Melichar should be the 7th defenseman.
yeltzen

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins