Question?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Question?

Postby pensgirl on Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:21 pm

I live at Washington Plaza Apts. across from Mellon Arena. There is a large suite of offices on the ground floor that have been renovated. Out of curiosity I asked one of the men at the front desk about who the occupants were going to be. He told me that the people who were going to be running the slots operation were going to be in there. 2 days ago I saw several men with briefcases going in there to see the new offices. What I was wondering was that if Forrest City or IOC or whoever gets the license would bring in there own people or is there an outside concern that would run the operation. Just wondered what people on the board think about this.
pensgirl

Re: Question?

Postby dboss on Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:25 pm

pensgirl wrote:I live at Washington Plaza Apts. across from Mellon Arena. There is a large suite of offices on the ground floor that have been renovated. Out of curiosity I asked one of the men at the front desk about who the occupants were going to be. He told me that the people who were going to be running the slots operation were going to be in there. 2 days ago I saw several men with briefcases going in there to see the new offices. What I was wondering was that if Forrest City or IOC or whoever gets the license would bring in there own people or is there an outside concern that would run the operation. Just wondered what people on the board think about this.

Not too sure, but I would bet those are people from IOC. They are probably gearing up for the Gaming Board presentations, etc. I would HIGHLY doubt that its Forest City people, given the proximity to Mellon Arena. Also, unless FC owns the apt. building, there is no way they would put their personnel on land they don't own and pay rent, etc.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitts on Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:36 pm

It's probably IoC setting up shop to begin putting the screws to everyone. You may see the PR machine by IoC finally go into overdrive.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby dboss on Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:40 pm

Pitts wrote:It's probably IoC setting up shop to begin putting the screws to everyone. You may see the PR machine by IoC finally go into overdrive.

Wouldn't that be awesome?!? FINALLY!!! :D :D :D
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitts on Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:03 pm

The offices may be related the that Pittsburgh First website that was posted about earlier. Time to crank up the gears!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:33 pm

They are artificcally enchanced robot warriors that have gone renegade and are now seeking love in all the wrong places.
NIN

Postby FallenHero96 on Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:39 pm

NIN wrote:They are artificcally enchanced robot warriors that have gone renegade and are now seeking love in all the wrong places.

NOO disassemble number 5 ....
FallenHero96
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins