Official Gameday Thread - Pens @ Canes - 11-11-06

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby NIN on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:31 pm

DelPen wrote:
dagny wrote:You know I believe overcoming crappy calls is part of being a good team. Duh! Right?

Will the officiating in this game be reviewed? It really is beyond understanding.

On both sides too. Melichar boarded a guy with no call. They all just suck. They should go back to one ref so at least the other guy doesn't have to worry about mkaing calls the other one misses and thus showing him up.

That was'nt a board, there is no rule that says you cannot finish your check from behind if you are 2 feet away and at a dead stop. it looked painful, and yes he could have been seriously injured, but that;s NOT a penalty.
NIN

Postby Guins on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:32 pm

cojac wrote:how the hell was that not a trip on cole?
Because he has a boo boo neck
Guins

Postby skullman80 on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:32 pm

NIN wrote:
DelPen wrote:
dagny wrote:You know I believe overcoming crappy calls is part of being a good team. Duh! Right?

Will the officiating in this game be reviewed? It really is beyond understanding.

On both sides too. Melichar boarded a guy with no call. They all just suck. They should go back to one ref so at least the other guy doesn't have to worry about mkaing calls the other one misses and thus showing him up.

That was'nt a board, there is no rule that says you cannot finish your check from behind if you are 2 feet away and at a dead stop. it looked painful, and yes he could have been seriously injured, but that;s NOT a penalty.

It most certainly was.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cojac on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:33 pm

next guy who takes a hooking or holding penalty should be scratched the next game no matter WHO it is.
cojac
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby netwolf on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:33 pm

DelPen wrote:
netwolf wrote:What broadcast did they show the overhead angle on?

I saw the line wih no puck touching it. My beef is the refs not being in position to make the call to begin with and everyone around the net acting like it was a goal to reinforce it was in.

I still haven't seen an overhead so I can't say. I think the ref is supposed to be behind the net, which is where he was.

Can't disagree much with the last part though. Maybe next time they'll make sure.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby dagny on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:34 pm

cojac wrote:next guy who takes a hooking or holding penalty should be scratched the next game no matter WHO it is.

Are you sure you mean that? :wink:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Peter on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:34 pm

wow nobody has defended Crosby and cried ref on his blatent hooking call yet.
Peter

Postby Stoosh on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:34 pm

Anyone sense a Michel Therrien post-game tirade coming on?
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby dagny on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:35 pm

Peter wrote:wow nobody has defended Crosby and cried ref on his blatent hooking call yet.

Let me try. What the #%$& was he thinking taking a stupid penalty like that right now?!?!? Is that what you were looking for? :D
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Guins on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:35 pm

Stoosh wrote:Anyone sense a Michel Therrien post-game tirade coming on?
That is worthless, he is a JOKE
Guins

Postby Stoosh on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:35 pm

That's because it was clearly a penalty. Crosby needs to be smarter than that.

Happy?
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:35 pm

We can only hope.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby jmh470 on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:36 pm

Penalty trouble has been apparent since opening night and has never been addressed. It's a combination of bad coaching and stupid players.
jmh470
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NIN on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:36 pm

Peter wrote:boo boo refs refs victims victims.

I'm with you, the pens are doing this to themselves, why would you make excuses for them when they have done this for FOUR GAMES IN A ROW!!!

So it;s been the refs for FOUR GAMES IN A ROW? Get a clue poeple!

This teams idea of stepping it up a notch vs. better teams is not to skate harder and play smarter; it's to take unneccessary penalties, time after time. Colby got hit. He punched Cole in his head twice and then slipped on a stick. How is that the refs fault?

FOUR GAMES IN A ROW. All good teams, all faster teams, lazy undisciplined penalties in each and every game. Write a letter too yourself, wipe your tears with it, and give yourself the Vulcan grip until you pass out.
NIN

Postby Guido on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:36 pm

I'm glad the refs have completely blown this game. That was a goal, bottom line.. they completely snubbed out any comeback possibility. it's completely ridiculous, any excitement this game could've had has been ruined.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby cojac on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:36 pm

Good news, Foppa is out for mondays game against the flyers.
cojac
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Stoosh on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:37 pm

HEY WHITNEY.......

There are bad giveaways and then there's that.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:37 pm

NIN wrote:

I'm with you, the pens are doing this to themselves, why would you make excuses for them when they have done this for FOUR GAMES IN A ROW!!!

This teams idea of stepping it up a notch vs. better teams is not to skate harder and play smarter; it's to take unneccessary penalties, time after time. Colby got hit. He punched Cole in his head twice and then slipped on a stick. How is that the refs fault?

FOUR GAMES IN A ROW. All good teams, all faster teams, lazy undisciplined penalties in each and every game. Write a letter too yourself, wipe your tears with it, and give yourself the Vulcan grip until you pass out.

Shouldn't you be on the Wild messageboard by now?
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:37 pm

skullman80 wrote:
NIN wrote:
DelPen wrote:

It most certainly was.

No it was'nt, and they did;nt call it so there. :P
NIN

Postby Guido on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:37 pm

way to go Johnny....i'm sure he blew out his hip on that one.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Peter on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:38 pm

Stoosh wrote:

That's because it was clearly a penalty. Crosby needs to be smarter than that.

Happy?

Yes, but I'm always happy!

SMILE!!! :D :D :) :) :o :o 8-) 8-) :wink: :wink: :!:
Peter

Postby NIN on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:38 pm

skullman80 wrote:
NIN wrote:

Shouldn't you be on the Wild messageboard by now?

"waaaaaaa you don't like the Pens because you hold them accountable for their undisciplined play waaaaaaaaaaaa"
NIN

Postby Stoosh on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:39 pm

Oy...

Chad Larose...

6-2 Canes.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Guins on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:39 pm

I think it's time for a RS tirade myself
Guins

Postby DelPen on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:40 pm

jmh470 wrote:Penalty trouble has been apparent since opening night and has never been addressed. It's a combination of bad coaching and stupid players.

Still, the other team has been doing the same stuff and not getting called. And in general, the linesman the last two seasons have blown a lot of offsides and icings too. As a group, the officials are a very lazy bunch of people.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins