Official Gameday Thread - Pens @ Canes - 11-11-06

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby NIN on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:44 pm

Nihar wrote:staal is regressing a tiny bit, but he'll be fine.

welch is not ready.

thibault should be traded while his stock is high.

:lol: So they can play Penner?
NIN

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:44 pm

Hell is quite frosty tonight...

LeClair and Recchi in the same game! Wow...

Lets stay out of the box, please!
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Guins on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:45 pm

Gaucho wrote:I'll do it: Colby doesn't have a pulse.
HEY STOP IT THAT'S MY TURF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: 8-)
Guins

Postby Gaucho on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:46 pm

Hm, Tomas Kaberle has sure waken up...
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby dagny on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:47 pm

netwolf wrote:
dagny wrote:
Jesse wrote:Ryan Whitney passes up another golden shooting opportunity.

Staal wasn't ready for that pass.

I'm NO Whit fan, but Staal is building a track record of folding under the pressure. Simple things, taking a pass, knowing if the puck is even still on his stick, he's blown a few of his own tires.

Not that Staal couldn't have done better with it, but I thought the pass was a little behind him.

Like I said... track record. Unfortunately, they're so glaring because it's usually a high pressure situation. Wrong place, wrong time? The spotlight's on him during those moments. We all expected the pass, why didn't Jordan? I'm not giving up on him, but his confidence really seems to be waning.
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby NIN on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:48 pm

dagny wrote:
netwolf wrote:
dagny wrote:

I'm NO Whit fan, but Staal is building a track record of folding under the pressure. Simple things, taking a pass, knowing if the puck is even still on his stick, he's blown a few of his own tires.

Not that Staal couldn't have done better with it, but I thought the pass was a little behind him.

Like I said... track record. Unfortunately, they're so glaring because it's usually a high pressure situation. Wrong place, wrong time? The spotlight's on him during those moments. We all expected the pass, why didn't Jordan? I'm not giving up on him, but his confidence really seems to be waning.

you expected pass?
NIN

Postby netwolf on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:49 pm

A question to Center Ice subscribers: how many other US teams air non-hockey programming during intermissions?

This irks me. :?
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby dagny on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:49 pm

Jesse wrote:
dagny wrote:

Dagny I agree. But that could have been a shot that even if it doesnt go in, there are three guys there for a rebound.

Amen! I guess they're just not used to actually having players in position to pick up a rebound. :wink: :lol:
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby netwolf on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:50 pm

NIN wrote:
dagny wrote:Like I said... track record. Unfortunately, they're so glaring because it's usually a high pressure situation. Wrong place, wrong time? The spotlight's on him during those moments. We all expected the pass, why didn't Jordan? I'm not giving up on him, but his confidence really seems to be waning.

you expected pass?

Whitney had the puck. You expected him to shoot? :D
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sigwolf on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:50 pm

NIN wrote:you expected pass?

You didn't? With this team it comes as a suprise when someone actually takes a shot *instead* of trying another pass... :lol:
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby dagny on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:52 pm

NIN wrote:
dagny wrote:
netwolf wrote:
dagny wrote:

you expected pass?

Nah... they NEVER pass the puck when they can shoot from in front of the goal with 2 men supporting to pick up the junk...

Yeah... I expected a pass... :P
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Guido on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:52 pm

If Pittsburgh plays the third period like they did the latter half of the second period, the Penguins will win this game.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:52 pm

netwolf wrote:
NIN wrote:
dagny wrote:Like I said... track record. Unfortunately, they're so glaring because it's usually a high pressure situation. Wrong place, wrong time? The spotlight's on him during those moments. We all expected the pass, why didn't Jordan? I'm not giving up on him, but his confidence really seems to be waning.

you expected pass?

In that situation, I did. :D If you are a defensmen who is going to go into scoring postion then shooting is usually what happens when you get that puck. I guess the next time I see #19 I'll expect a 100 MPH 5 foot pass next time.
NIN

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:53 pm

netwolf wrote:A question to Center Ice subscribers: how many other US teams air non-hockey programming during intermissions?

The answer is none.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby dagny on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:53 pm

netwolf wrote:A question to Center Ice subscribers: how many other US teams air non-hockey programming during intermissions?

Try a screen with some horrible elevator music, that just says NHL Center Ice, We'll be right back!
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby 68forever on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:54 pm

have the pens earned a comeback approval for this game or did they just get lucky with those 2 goals and will still lose and if they do lose by only 1 goal is it still an ok game or does the ugly play with a loss still mean a bad loss?
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DelPen on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:54 pm

netwolf wrote:
NIN wrote:

you expected pass?

Since there wasn't a guy 3 feet in front of him I never expected him to shoot either.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby netwolf on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:54 pm

NIN wrote:In that situation, I did. :D If you are a defensmen who is going to go into scoring postion then shooting is usually what happens when you get that puck. I guess the next time I see #19 I'll expect a 100 MPH 5 foot pass next time.

Normally, you'd have been right, but you must have lost track of what team you were watching. They don't shoot when you expect them to. :lol:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:56 pm

netwolf wrote:
NIN wrote:In that situation, I did. :D If you are a defensmen who is going to go into scoring postion then shooting is usually what happens when you get that puck. I guess the next time I see #19 I'll expect a 100 MPH 5 foot pass next time.

Normally, you'd have been right, but you must have lost track of what team you were watching. They don't shoot when you expect them to. :lol:

I wont be fooled again! :lol:
NIN

Postby Gaucho on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:56 pm

God, that intermission idiot whatshisname is actually talking about "the Soviets"... I mean, really....
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby BurghThing on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:57 pm

68forever wrote:have the pens earned a comeback approval for this game or did they just get lucky with those 2 goals and will still lose and if they do lose by only 1 goal is it still an ok game or does the ugly play with a loss still mean a bad loss?

Punctuation is your friend. But I'll take a stab at it and try to interpret your question and say....B, all of the above.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby 68forever on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:58 pm

netwolf wrote:

Can the NHL install a new stat which team passes the most without shooting and how do they fair win lose or draw more often? the NHL doesn't have enough useless stat you know. :lol:
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Gaucho on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:59 pm

A "comeback approval"? Er, yes, by all means, yes.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby NIN on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:59 pm

BurghThing wrote:
68forever wrote:have the pens earned a comeback approval for this game or did they just get lucky with those 2 goals and will still lose and if they do lose by only 1 goal is it still an ok game or does the ugly play with a loss still mean a bad loss?

Punctuation is your friend. But I'll take a stab at it and try to interpret your question and say....B, all of the above.

lol

uhhh yeah...

If they stay out of the box, they are the better hockey team on this night. They could still win it, in fact they could win it by 3 in regulation with acouple breaks.
NIN

Postby dagny on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:01 pm

Did you guys see Talbot tell that blonde, who walked by, to call him? Funny stuff! :lol:
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins