Official Gameday Thread - Pens @ Canes - 11-11-06

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby DelPen on Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:54 pm

I hope Therrien goes back to the lines that, you know, won 5 straight games.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SportsFan on Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:55 pm

netwolf wrote:Pens win = playoffs. Pens lose = worst team in the league.

I'm beginning to think there is no middle ground, at least in the minds of internet message board communities.

I have said all long they are and will finish in the 10-12 range in the East...
SportsFan

Postby Fast B on Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:55 pm

It's a good thing there are no fireworks downtown tonight, because I would never be able to get a spot on any bridge with everybody jumping off of them.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby SportsFan on Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:56 pm

DelPen wrote:I hope Therrien goes back to the lines that, you know, won 5 straight games.

Just waht we need to do, switch the lines more... Put lines together and leave them so guys can get use to playing with one another.
SportsFan

Postby DelPen on Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:56 pm

I'm beginning to think there is no middle ground, at least in the minds of internet message board communities.

Then you have the 3rd party who gets upset when they play like crap. The last three games have seen some very bad decisions and lazy play. No one can tell me that TB, Ottawa or Carolina are better than Anaheim. And we played well then. Same with SJ. This team just doens't know what to do like they haven't even been practicing. This looks like one of Edzo's teams right now.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby NIN on Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:56 pm

It would be nice to see them play disciplined, and with confidence vs. good teams, like they did in that 4-2 win over NJ.

They arent good enough to shoot themselves in the foot and hope to win vs. good teams and lets face it, there are alot of good teams in the NHL.
NIN

Postby DelPen on Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:57 pm

SportsFan wrote:
DelPen wrote:I hope Therrien goes back to the lines that, you know, won 5 straight games.

Just waht we need to do, switch the lines more... Put lines together and leave them so guys can get use to playing with one another.

That's what I want to see, the ones thast played together for 5 games and looked good.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:57 pm

Screw young and inconsistant teams! I want world domination right f***ing now!
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:57 pm

Can't disagree with this statement.

Can we relax?!

2-0 against a team that beat us 5-1 when we were a cup contender

The doomsday scenario's need to stop. We're 7-6 if we lose this and are playing the Flyers on Monday. Perhaps I am the perpetual optomist, but IIRC we outplayed them in the first 10 minutes before some dumb penalties.

FYI the too many men was not too many, since the player with the puck wasn't involved in the change.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby 68forever on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:02 pm

can i jump off the bridge and onto the bandwagon here: what happened to the team building and coming together that was supposed to happen at West Point and what happened to the system and consistency that was supposed to happen when MT had a full training camp with this team and each player was to know what to do and where to go and when to go. :shock: now add the sarcasm face here b/c all this is still to early to happen esp. with a young team with little leadership in these cases, give it time it will come but it will not garentee the cup by any means but it will garentee improvement from the last 5 yrs. which means :D
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby TheHammer24 on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:03 pm

How much of the D troubles are related to Eaton? I feel like he would have made a difference in at least a few of the games we have lost since Anaheim.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby netwolf on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:03 pm

DelPen wrote:

Then you have the 3rd party who gets upset when they play like crap.

I know DP, but I'd say there a fewer people in that third party than there are people that get too high with the highs and too low with the lows.

And this is not directed at anyone in particular, but when they play below what they're capable of, many of the people complaining are not as vocal as when they are doing well, if they post at all.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby BurghThing on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:03 pm

DelPen wrote:

Then you have the 3rd party who gets upset when they play like crap. The last three games have seen some very bad decisions and lazy play. No one can tell me that TB, Ottawa or Carolina are better than Anaheim. And we played well then. Same with SJ. This team just doens't know what to do like they haven't even been practicing. This looks like one of Edzo's teams right now.

I'm with Del, they aren't the worst team in the league but they are playing like crap. If they lose but are trying, I can live with that. Taking a whopping 17 shots against a backup goaltender? Skating around in circles in your own end, refusing to put a body on ANYBODY? That I can't stand.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby TheHammer24 on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:04 pm

Crosby 4.5 minutes of Ice Time?!
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Hawkeynut on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:05 pm

Talbot will score 2 this period... he is the only bright light that I have seen in the past 2 games.
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:05 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:Crosby 4.5 minutes of Ice Time?!

He doesn't kill penalties for some reason. Neither does Malkin, despite him being a top PKer in the RSL.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Guido on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:07 pm

HOW IS THAT A PENALTY ON GONCHAR!?!?!? he is not a hitter, although he has been recently. I cannot believe this BS.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby cojac on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:08 pm

wow they made that look
so easy
cojac
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby netwolf on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:08 pm

Moore and Melichar cannot be going to the same guy on the PK.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sigwolf on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:08 pm

What's even more hilarious is that it will take a loss tonight for the losing streak to even match the winning streak they just finished. :o

They are in a bad slump, that much is obvious. The simple fact is that they haven't even lost to a bad team yet! When they start losing consistently to teams like Philly and Phoenix it's time to panic. For now, perhaps we should at least wait until they are under .500?

They need a wakeup call, for sure. They are playing incredibly disorganized right now, and this team has already shown that are capable of much more than that. There is still no reason for all the doom and gloom.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Guido on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:09 pm

Don't make it any easier refs...they're struggling as it is, just make the whole damn period a Carolina PP.
Last edited by Guido on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:09 pm

Guido wrote:HOW IS THAT A PENALTY ON GONCHAR!?!?!? he is not a hitter, although he has been recently. I cannot believe this BS.

yet another useless and needless penalty that cost the team yet another goal. :roll:
NIN

Postby 68forever on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:10 pm

radio feed just said tho that the pens might have to beat the canes and the refs tonight to get anything, are they right for those who can see the game?
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby NJ5934 on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:11 pm

Not surprising that Scuderi has not only been on the ice, but in front of the net facing the wrong way on all 3 Carolina goals. :evil:
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby canaan on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:11 pm

ugliest goal ever....3-1
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins