Official Game Thread - 11/17 - Penguins vs. Sabres - 8:08pm

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby yeltzen on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:14 pm

Am I seriously watching this?
Is this a professional hockey team?
yeltzen

Postby Stoosh on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:14 pm

Crosby looks like he's ready to go postal.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby 68forever on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:15 pm

4 mins come on they have to score and can't and get called for a penalty hard hard hard to watch
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby relantel on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:15 pm

Are we that bad or is Buffalo just that much better than we are?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shinoix on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:15 pm

I'm glad we pay 5 million bucks for a guy that carries the puck to the redline and either turns it over, or gets to the blueline and just dumps it in.

Man, what other teams would do for a guy like that. Ugh
Shinoix

Postby Scott on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:15 pm

Well,
One thing in hockey coaching has an impact is special teams. We do not have a power play anymore.

Staaal
Malkin,
Crosby
Gonchar
Recchi

BOTTOM LINE, STAAL IS THE PENGUINS THIRD BEST FORWARD. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jesse on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:15 pm

What a disgusting excuse for special teams.

This is absolutely absurd.

Any normal team that has special teams players of this calibre should be able to assemble some semblance of pressure on the Power-play.

I have never seen anything like this before in my entire time as a Penguins fan.

If this is the way we're going to play with the man-advantage, we might as well waive them off to play five on five.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby NIN on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:16 pm

Man. The Pens got alot of power play chances in this game. 3 days worth of practice and that's what they come up with?

More Malkin.

More Crosby.

More cowbell.
NIN

Postby Scott on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:16 pm

relantel wrote:Are we that bad or is Buffalo just that much better than we are?

Guys and gals,
we are not that bad...we do however get out coached on a nightly basis. Special teams is a glaring example of that.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jesse on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:16 pm

In the last 6 games, every team has victimized our power-play like this. It isn't just Buffalo, we just have the dumbest set-up and rush with the man advantage ever.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Shinoix on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:16 pm

Gonchar has about as much creativity as my big toe. He never springs a guy for a breakaway pass, never creates while gaining the zone on the PP...he does NOTHING!!

Christ, Whitney creates better than he does. WTF is Gonchar's problem? No effort, nothing.
Shinoix

Postby Stoosh on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:17 pm

I wish Therrien would verbally abuse some players some players on the bench. Some really deserve it.

I'd be happy if he just comes up with a better strategy of getting the puck into the zone on the power play, keeping it there, and generating some offense once it's set up. But right now, we can't even get the damn thing set up.

If you're going to dump it in because they're stacking guys at the blueline, they have to have someone to chase it in. They can't skate it in, so they dump it in, but no one busts their tail to dig the puck out.

Frustrating...
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby yeltzen on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:17 pm

I'll tell you what, as long as Whitney, Gonchar, and Crosby show this unwillingness to shoot, no PK is ever going to show them any respect.
yeltzen

Postby NIN on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:18 pm

Stoosh wrote:
I wish Therrien would verbally abuse some players some players on the bench. Some really deserve it.

I'd be happy if he just comes up with a better strategy of getting the puck into the zone on the power play, keeping it there, and generating some offense once it's set up. But right now, we can't even get the damn thing set up.

If you're going to dump it in because they're stacking guys at the blueline, they have to have someone to chase it in. They can't skate it in, so they dump it in, but no one busts their tail to dig the puck out.

Frustrating...

Malkin should be carrying the puck up ice and working a point.
NIN

Postby netwolf on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:18 pm

Wow. Jagr scored his first goal so long ago, the Devils were still wearing red and green.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:19 pm

Why on earth do the Pens try and dump and chase on the PP when they have trouble chasing?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sigwolf on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:19 pm

Best effort on the forecheck yet tonight... and it was Orpik! :lol:
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby 68forever on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:20 pm

Scott wrote:

Guys and gals,
we are not that bad...we do however get out coached on a nightly basis. Special teams is a glaring example of that.

but WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? what happened to the team and coach that started this yr. where did they all go and why now and where is the system they started with and and and anddddddd.......................
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Scott on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:20 pm

NIN wrote:
Stoosh wrote:

Frustrating...

Malkin should be carrying the puck up ice and working a point.

Recchi should. Let him and Gonchar play the point
Staal, Crosby, Malkin on the forwards
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Shinoix on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:20 pm

Wow, offensive Defenseman Whitney with an amazing play while carring the puck in. Ugh

How can a team with Malkin, Whitney, Crosby, Gonchar get absolutely embarassed on the PP? Like, it's not like we're being stonewalled, we're STINKING!!
Shinoix

Postby yeltzen on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:20 pm

Notice how the Sabres' defensemen just go behind the net when our point men get the puck. They know they will not shoot. It's pretty pathetic.
yeltzen

Postby KG on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:22 pm

God, at least Ouellet fires the puck. This team needs scoring wings more then anything. If you don't play with Crosby you're invisible...
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shinoix on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:22 pm

I recently read the article regarding the Pens poor passing and it's really showing this game. We get a ton of steam behind us carrying the puck, then pass a puck into a teammates skates in the neutral zone which kills everything.

If Therrien is going to mix and match players all night, why doesn't he try Talbot on the second line or first line more? Especially tonight!!
Shinoix

Postby Guins on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:25 pm

KG wrote:God, at least Ouellet fires the puck. This team needs scoring wings more then anything. If you don't play with Crosby you're invisible...
We have 2 world class centers & we put wingers on their lines that are ****
Guins

Postby ziggo on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:25 pm

NIN wrote:ORPIK AND sCUDS MAN THE POINTS AND ALMOST GIVE UP A SHORT HANDED GOAL. :D

Scuds has blocked at least 3 shots !!
ziggo
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins